Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2006, 10:41 PM   #21 (permalink)
Dancing Machine
 
Expletive Deleted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaShells
how can you say that about U2?????????????????
When did U2 become some super amazing band that no one is allowed to talk shit about? Everything U2 does is not the greatest album ever.
Expletive Deleted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 10:43 PM   #22 (permalink)
taking it all in
 
SeaShells's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: I come from a land down under...
Posts: 63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted
When did U2 become some super amazing band that no one is allowed to talk shit about? Everything U2 does is not the greatest album ever.
I agree - I am a big U2 fan but I really didn't like Zooropa. I did love Atomic Bomb though. It reminded me of the good 'ol U2
SeaShells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 10:43 PM   #23 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 418
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snickers
The White Stripes- Get Behind Me Satan
I know they were trying to experiment, but I think they went in the wrong direction. Jack's guitar riffs were fine on previous albums, and his acoustic playing just doesn't say as much about the music in this one. The lyrics on the songs were good, but the instrumental parts were bad
Well, isn't that funny-Another guitarist trying to switch from Electric to Acoustic and failing!!! See, the thing is, just about anyone can play a riff on an Electric and make it sound cool...
...When the inexperienced try to be creative on the Acoustic and fail, you guessed it, they're shown to be clearly not as adept a guitarist as you may've believed before!!!Anyone that doesn't know, just take some lessons and try to play well from one, to the next!!!
With that point made, I guess I'll trust you on judging that album as a pile of shhit!!!
Wild7Dustr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 10:47 PM   #24 (permalink)
killedmyraindog
 
TheBig3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 9,252
Default

/\ boy you sound like an educated open-minded objective person.

You're getting a pass on this one, but please tell me what makes their new album acoustics bad? Their mostly piano. Lets see you play that as well as Jack White and we'll talk.

This is not the first album he's played acoustic on, this isn't the first time White's music has been called "simplisitc" and if you weren't aware, on more than one occation he's said its inteded that way.

Now for your next post, come back with a ****ing clue, and stay the **** on topic.
TheBig3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 10:49 PM   #25 (permalink)
Dancing Machine
 
Expletive Deleted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog
Lets see you play that as well as Jack White and we'll talk.
You know what I really hate? The "you don't play an instrument and/or aren't in a band therefore you have no right to talk about this band/music/whatever" argument.
Expletive Deleted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 10:53 PM   #26 (permalink)
killedmyraindog
 
TheBig3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 9,252
Default

Really? Do you hate it as much as someone telling you ya suck at something they don't know about.

Are you telling me you can say to someone "that guys a bad mechanic" when you can't pump your own gas?

I want an answer here, do you?
TheBig3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 10:58 PM   #27 (permalink)
Dancing Machine
 
Expletive Deleted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog
Really? Do you hate it as much as someone telling you ya suck at something they don't know about.

Are you telling me you can say to someone "that guys a bad mechanic" when you can't pump your own gas?

I want an answer here, do you?
Yes, you can. Because whether you can do it or not, you can still tell when someone is good or bad at something. To use your own argument, I'm not an actor, but I can still tell when someone is a bad actor. I don't play sports, but I can still tell when someone isn't a very good athlete.
Expletive Deleted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 11:00 PM   #28 (permalink)
killedmyraindog
 
TheBig3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 9,252
Default

Ok if they do something wrong alot you maybe able to say that, but Jack played the guitar on the album, so what makes him bad exactly? Because its simple?

Thats not what im getting. If my car falls apart 10 feet out of the shop, then yes, you're a ****ty mechanic, but if you didn't diagnose the problem immediatly, and you double check and get it, who are you to say im bad?
TheBig3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 11:01 PM   #29 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 303
Default

Coheed and Cambria - Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV etc.......
just a simple great album...

killswitch - end of the heartache
the album just hit home for me

judas priest - angel of retribution
every song on that album just took me to such amazing places... first time i heard the whole cd.. i fell apart but it was a good thing..

****test three
------------------------

no use for a name - Keep Them Confused
just sucked in my mind

my chemical romace - Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge
like two good songs.. but not great songs.. the album sucked in my ears

madball -Legacy
the album is alright but i expected so much more.. so in turn it sucked
Sabgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 11:02 PM   #30 (permalink)
Dancing Machine
 
Expletive Deleted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog
Ok if they do something wrong alot you maybe able to say that, but Jack played the guitar on the album, so what makes him bad exactly? Because its simple?

Thats not what im getting. If my car falls apart 10 feet out of the shop, then yes, you're a ****ty mechanic, but if you didn't diagnose the problem immediatly, and you double check and get it, who are you to say im bad?
I'm not saying White is a bad guitarist, I'm just saying "you can't do this, so you have no right to comment on it" is a stupid argument.

I'm not sure what you mean in the last part of that post.
Expletive Deleted is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.