Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2006, 11:09 PM   #31 (permalink)
killedmyraindog
 
TheBig3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 9,252
Default

What im saying in the final part of the post is that, if I don't do something perfectly, it doesn't mean im bad at it.

In the post we are arguing about, he asid something about trying it and seeing so really your argument goes at him as well. And lets not forget he **** on a guitarist that he hasn't heard (at least with regards to the material discussed) and who isn't heralded as the second coming of hendrix, and who played decent guitar. I don't know why my comments are any more offensive to you than his.
TheBig3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 11:14 PM   #32 (permalink)
Dancing Machine
 
Expletive Deleted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog
I don't know why my comments are any more offensive to you than his.
Neither of your comments offend me. What you said just annoys me because I think that that's a very silly argument, and his don't bother me at all because I really don't care about The White Stripes.
Expletive Deleted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 11:18 PM   #33 (permalink)
killedmyraindog
 
TheBig3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 9,252
Default

Did you even read what he said?
TheBig3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 11:22 PM   #34 (permalink)
Dancing Machine
 
Expletive Deleted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog
Did you even read what he said?
Yes. He really has no idea what the fuck he's talking about, but that really has nothing to do with what I said, because that argument in general is what annoys me. It wasn't a personal attack on your or anything, and I wasn't defending him, I was just saying that that argument is silly when used by anyone, because it means that most people shouldn't be able to talk about anything other than the few topics they're knowledgeable in.
Expletive Deleted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 11:24 PM   #35 (permalink)
killedmyraindog
 
TheBig3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 9,252
Default

No, what I intended to say was, if you don't play guitar, don't say that guys ****ty at it. First of all, I think he's great at it, so its clearly subjective. Secondly, what defines ****ty? If you can't play, you must be worse, so what leve does that make you?

it was less of a "you don't have a right to talk about it" and more of a "I wouldn't be so ciritcal of something I can't do at all"

Whether or not it came out that way is, I guess, how you read it.
TheBig3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 11:31 PM   #36 (permalink)
Dancing Machine
 
Expletive Deleted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog
No, what I intended to say was, if you don't play guitar, don't say that guys ****ty at it.
Right, and I think thats silly.

Quote:
First of all, I think he's great at it, so its clearly subjective. Secondly, what defines ****ty? If you can't play, you must be worse, so what leve does that make you?
It doesn't matter what level I'm at, it matters what level he's at, because he's the musician that I'm listening to. What I can do has nothing to do with how bad a musician he is. Sure, I may not be able to fully understand what it is that he's doing, but I can still judge whether or not what I'm hearing is good or bad.

Quote:
it was less of a "you don't have a right to talk about it" and more of a "I wouldn't be so ciritcal of something I can't do at all"
Which leaves us back at square one. No matter which way you word it, its still the same dumb argument.
Expletive Deleted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 11:31 PM   #37 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 418
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog
/\ boy you sound like an educated open-minded objective person.

You're getting a pass on this one, but please tell me what makes their new album acoustics bad? Their mostly piano. Lets see you play that as well as Jack White and we'll talk.

This is not the first album he's played acoustic on, this isn't the first time White's music has been called "simplisitc" and if you weren't aware, on more than one occation he's said its inteded that way.

Now for your next post, come back with a ****ing clue, and stay the **** on topic.
1st of all , shut your mouth and get a clue!!! I was clearly on topic the whole time by talking about why I agreed with another on why an album was/is a failure!!!I talked clearly about the difference of people playing on Electric guitar, thinking that they might be good and realizing that they can't quite play anything creative on Acoustic guitar, simply showing that they really suck at it, just like you do, especially in your spelling!!!I'm mainly a highly skilled and proficient drummer that has played many styles in the music scene for, most likely, more years than you've been alive!!!Even though I'm mainly a drummer, I'm also quite adept at playing lead guitar, as I used to focus on for many years and still somewhat do!!! I guarantee you that my worst riff is much more creative and original than their best lead, whether played on Electric or Acoustic guitar!!!Hell, do they even know how to play a lead?I guess not, huh? In closing, 1st I'd recommend on taking a 1st grade English class to learn to spell and then take some guitar lessons to have atleast some kind of clue on what is really going on in music!!!I really did cut you a break on this one, ya crybaby!!!You should learn to escape from your rediculous replys in threads because, when you get out on the streets, there will be no chance in hell that you'd muscle up enough courage to say any of your replys to a real person's face, such as me!!!I surely would like to break the nose and even leg off of a jacka ss as truly cowardly as you, though, period!!!
Wild7Dustr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 11:33 PM   #38 (permalink)
Dancing Machine
 
Expletive Deleted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild7Dustr
I love how that ended on such a happy note.
Expletive Deleted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 11:40 PM   #39 (permalink)
Shadow on the wall
 
Cheese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 805
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaShells
how can you say that about U2?????????????????
Because I can
__________________
Two thousand years of misery, of torture in my name
Hypocrisy made paramount, paranoia the law
My name is called religion, sadistic, sacred whore
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 11:41 PM   #40 (permalink)
killedmyraindog
 
TheBig3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 9,252
Default

Well, I can say, you certainly are a class act sir.

You did however fail to address the fact that I said you were commenting on a guitarists work that you had not heard. You said it in your previous post. So really, you don't know what you're talking about.

My undergrad is in English, do you have a GED?

I'd bet your guitar skills are much better than mine, I play piano. So who's to say.

If the thread is about top/bottom three albums, how did you stay on topic exactly? I don't mind that its off, threads are supposed to spark disscussion, but on topic? Lets get serious.

And violence? What are you 15? Come on now, if you're going to speak with the big boys you need to act like a big boy. But maybe you're just a 32 year old neandertal. Contact me, Ill tell you where I live and you can come kick the **** out of me if it will some how validate your life.
TheBig3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.