Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2006, 10:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
illusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 43
Default

I definately agree that the music download sites should be shutdown. And file sharing programs should be shutdown as well. Tabs are a great way to learn how to play and there are gifted musicians who would just keep on tabbing anyway despite being closed down
__________________
PSP Wallpapers
illusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 10:47 PM   #12 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by illusion
I definately agree that the music download sites should be shutdown. And file sharing programs should be shutdown as well.
I disagree, while it maybe wrong im sick of buying albums and finding out i just wasted 15 dollars on the biggest piece of crap ever and if my limewire was gone, I wouldn't be able to check out a crapload of bands and listen to alot of them.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 11:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
illusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexisonfire
I disagree, while it maybe wrong im sick of buying albums and finding out i just wasted 15 dollars on the biggest piece of crap ever and if my limewire was gone, I wouldn't be able to check out a crapload of bands and listen to alot of them.
But think about it, those crap load of bands are not going to be around if everybody keeps downloading them. That 15 dollards goes towards that band staying alive and other bands to come. Don't you think that a lot of up and coming talent is not really wanting to do it because of the financial instability?
__________________
PSP Wallpapers
illusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 11:07 PM   #14 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by illusion
But think about it, those crap load of bands are not going to be around if everybody keeps downloading them. That 15 dollards goes towards that band staying alive and other bands to come. Don't you think that a lot of up and coming talent is not really wanting to do it because of the financial instability?
The price those CDs are is ridiculous.
Do you havnt any idea how much it actually costs to make that CD?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 11:15 PM   #15 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
illusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 43
Default

Well then wouldn't it be better to download music for a price? If you were a new and upcoming artist would you not want financial security knowing that you can spend the rest of your life making music? I know I would, and that can only happen if people are buying your album not downloading it
__________________
PSP Wallpapers
illusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 11:54 PM   #16 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 390
Default

or how abotu instead, checking it out by downloading, then if you relly really liek it then go ahead and buy it then you'll not feel as if your money's wasted and you'll already know you like it, AND supporting the band..
I am defintiely pro-downloading, BUT at the same tiem I can see the other concerns, as well but one gets to feel both disillusioned nd cheapened when the pay upwards of #20 for a CD of mostly crap, or all crap
shiftael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 04:01 PM   #17 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by illusion
Well then wouldn't it be better to download music for a price? If you were a new and upcoming artist would you not want financial security knowing that you can spend the rest of your life making music? I know I would, and that can only happen if people are buying your album not downloading it
Or how about the music industry does something nice and honest for once and lower the CD prices, i mean christ if they made them 10$ they'd still make money and the CDs would stay pay for themselves.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 04:06 PM   #18 (permalink)
Pow!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,671
Default

little off topic but i was just wondering, im sure there's another tab site like powertabs, one that plays the tabs out for you, something like guitar workshop, my old rythm guitar used it, pretty much the same as powertabs, anyone know where i can find it or if its been shut down? cause ultimateguitartabs is bringing me no joy.
littleknowitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.