Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2006, 08:14 AM   #21 (permalink)
Atchin' Akai
 
right-track's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Unamerica
Posts: 8,696
Default

It's an old thread, but I just know if I started a new one, then some smart arse twat would have posted a link to this one.

http://www.itv.com/news/entertainment_304397.html

He has a face like a smacked arse and I hate him.
I despise useless no-marks like this dick, Pete Doherty.
It's about time someone put this loser out of his misery. I really hope they throw away the key...but I doubt it.
right-track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 08:25 AM   #22 (permalink)
Let it drip
 
Sneer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,421
Default

it pisses me off when people label him as talentless - because that is a load of bullshit. Yes, he's turned into a drugged up mess, i condone the use of drugs and my respect for him has dwindled dramatically because of it - he is a disgrace. yet he is in my opinion one of the best songwriters of the past 6 years. his lyrics-deep, witty and so very true. listen to "tell the king" or "death on the stairs". if he werent a junkie the public would idolise him by now and the libertines would be the biggest band in the country. its tragic because the two albums they released are superb - and the babyshambles album is just the aural equivalent of somebody ruined by drugs. if anyone needed a lesson in why to stay away from drugs then this is it.
Sneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 08:30 AM   #23 (permalink)
Atchin' Akai
 
right-track's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Unamerica
Posts: 8,696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedZepStu
it pisses me off when people label him as talentless - because that is a load of bullshit. Yes, he's turned into a drugged up mess, i condone the use of drugs and my respect for him has dwindled dramatically because of it - he is a disgrace. yet he is in my opinion one of the best songwriters of the past 6 years. his lyrics-deep, witty and so very true. listen to "tell the king" or "death on the stairs". if he werent a junkie the public would idolise him by now and the libertines would be the biggest band in the country. its tragic because the two albums they released are superb - and the babyshambles album is just the aural equivalent of somebody ruined by drugs. if anyone needed a lesson in why to stay away from drugs then this is it.
I'm glad you answered this LedZepStu as I was interested in how you felt about him now (after re-reading your earlier posts).
I don't think he's talentless, on the contrary and this is why I hate him so much.
I'm not a big fan of his, but I do agree he has/had talent. That's the annoying thing about this sorry excuse for a man...wasted talent, an unforgivable crime.
right-track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 08:38 AM   #24 (permalink)
Let it drip
 
Sneer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,421
Default

you have these bands now doing the whole "social observation" thing, who kicked off this craze? yes, the libertines. they are the most important british band of this decade (forget the arctic monkeys)...its just a shame their reputation and image is forever going to be tainted by one tragic man's addictions.
Sneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 11:16 AM   #25 (permalink)
Me llamo Marijan
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 6,987
Default

have you possibly considered the fact that his talent lies in drug abuse? i guarantee you that if he wasn't on drugs, his music would have been even more crappy than it already is.
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 11:18 AM   #26 (permalink)
Atchin' Akai
 
right-track's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Unamerica
Posts: 8,696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss
have you possibly considered the fact that his talent lies in drug abuse? i guarantee you that if he wasn't on drugs, his music would have been even more crappy than it already is.
Nah...your a stoner and look at the state of your posts.
right-track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 11:22 AM   #27 (permalink)
Me llamo Marijan
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 6,987
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by right-track
Nah...your a stoner and look at the state of your posts.
oh..heavy burn....one for the books i would say...
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 02:37 PM   #28 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedZepStu
it pisses me off when people label him as talentless - because that is a load of bullshit. Yes, he's turned into a drugged up mess, i condone the use of drugs and my respect for him has dwindled dramatically because of it - he is a disgrace. yet he is in my opinion one of the best songwriters of the past 6 years. his lyrics-deep, witty and so very true. listen to "tell the king" or "death on the stairs". if he werent a junkie the public would idolise him by now and the libertines would be the biggest band in the country. its tragic because the two albums they released are superb - and the babyshambles album is just the aural equivalent of somebody ruined by drugs. if anyone needed a lesson in why to stay away from drugs then this is it.
His lyrics are hardly anything special, one of the best out of the past six years? Hell no, theres been much more talented songwriters around since then. Frank Turner (million dead), Jerry Jones (trophy scars), Geoff Rickly (thursday), also Drew Speziale and Kathy Coppola of Circle Takes The Square are writing some of the best lyrics i've ever seen. He certainly isn't that great, and is an okay songwriter at best. I wouldn't consider him a great at it, his lyrics aren't any better then many of the bands out today. Hes also a horrible vocalist.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 09:37 AM   #29 (permalink)
Let it drip
 
Sneer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,421
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss
have you possibly considered the fact that his talent lies in drug abuse? i guarantee you that if he wasn't on drugs, his music would have been even more crappy than it already is.
have you heard the EPs before up the bracket? HELL he wasnt even an addict on Up the Bracket. know the facts before you say something like that.
Sneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 09:40 AM   #30 (permalink)
Let it drip
 
Sneer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,421
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill
His lyrics are hardly anything special, one of the best out of the past six years? Hell no, theres been much more talented songwriters around since then. Frank Turner (million dead), Jerry Jones (trophy scars), Geoff Rickly (thursday), also Drew Speziale and Kathy Coppola of Circle Takes The Square are writing some of the best lyrics i've ever seen. He certainly isn't that great, and is an okay songwriter at best. I wouldn't consider him a great at it, his lyrics aren't any better then many of the bands out today. Hes also a horrible vocalist.
matter of opinion. i and others think he is one of hell of a songwriter. poetic and to the point at the same time. and he cant sing? I dont think he set out to be another Russell Watson, his style fits with their type of music, nobodies ever stated he's a great vocalist.
Sneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.