Who is more of an icon (John Lennon, quote, guitar) - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2007, 11:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4
Default Who is more of an icon

Bob Dylan OR john lennon.
kingoffspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 11:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,965
Default

**** thats actually a really tough question. I was going to answer Lennon but then I thought for a second and its like, its Dylan.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 11:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Raptor
 
DearJenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Metro Detroit, MI
Posts: 1,321
Default

Lennon. Because I cant stand Dylan.
__________________
So here's to living life miserable.
And here's to all the lonely stories that I've told.
Maybe drinking wine will validate my sorrow.
Every man needs a muse and mine could be the bottle.
DearJenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 11:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,965
Default

Great reasoning on picking who's more of an icon.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 11:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Me and The Major
 
The Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,830
Default

This is really tough, like Crow said, the instant choice is Lennon, but when you think about it, Dylan basically was Lennon just a decade or two before him. I'd guess that if you were to poll the entire population, then Lennon would get more votes, just because it's Lennon and he seemed more public and more direct about what he was saying, and he died for what he said as well.
The Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 12:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
Such That
 
Bane of your existence's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 1,193
Default

Obviously Lennon because he was killed.
Bane of your existence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 02:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
They call me Tundra Boy
 
DontRunMeOver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: In your linen cupboard.
Posts: 1,166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dave View Post
This is really tough, like Crow said, the instant choice is Lennon, but when you think about it, Dylan basically was Lennon just a decade or two before him. I'd guess that if you were to poll the entire population, then Lennon would get more votes, just because it's Lennon and he seemed more public and more direct about what he was saying, and he died for what he said as well.
How was Dylan a decade or two before Lennon? DAVE!

Over here Lennon is much more of an icon, Dylan was just some guy who grumbled along to a guitar.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katyppfan View Post
When Pete plays it is 100% live , your music if that's what you call it doesn't sound so good either? so you can't really critercize can you ?
DontRunMeOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 04:12 AM   #8 (permalink)
Such That
 
Bane of your existence's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 1,193
Default

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.
Bane of your existence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 05:47 AM   #9 (permalink)
Raptor
 
DearJenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Metro Detroit, MI
Posts: 1,321
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontRunMeOver View Post
How was Dylan a decade or two before Lennon? DAVE!

Over here Lennon is much more of an icon, Dylan was just some guy who grumbled along to a guitar.
In defense of my seemingly personal pick with my first post, these are exactly my thoughts on Dylan.
__________________
So here's to living life miserable.
And here's to all the lonely stories that I've told.
Maybe drinking wine will validate my sorrow.
Every man needs a muse and mine could be the bottle.
DearJenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 08:18 AM   #10 (permalink)
Me and The Major
 
The Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,830
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontRunMeOver View Post
How was Dylan a decade or two before Lennon? DAVE!
I honestly have no clue at the moment as to what I was thinking last night, The Beatles started almost the same year as Dylan.

I'm a dumbass, forgive me.
The Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.