Albums You're Digging II - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2016, 12:14 PM   #13041 (permalink)
silky smooth
 
YorkeDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pangaea
Posts: 4,079
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
Wait, you actually like Joy Division?? I've only heard Unknown Pleasures but it's considered the end all be all post-punk and has 3 good tracks.
Joy Division's a top 20 or so all-time band for me

And hell New Order might be top 20 all-time too, and they're basically the same personnel (very different music though)
__________________
http://cloudcover1.bandcamp.com/
http://daydreamsociety.bandcamp.com/

9-Time Winner of MusicBanter's "Most Qualified to be a Moderator" Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
On this one your voice is kind of weird but really intense and awesome
YorkeDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 12:16 PM   #13042 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
Joy Division's a top 20 or so all-time band for me

And hell New Order might be top 20 all-time too, and they're basically the same personnel (very different music though)
omfg eat **** and kill yourself but new order are cool
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 12:20 PM   #13043 (permalink)
silky smooth
 
YorkeDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pangaea
Posts: 4,079
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
omfg eat **** and kill yourself but new order are cool
Kind of surprised you don't like the dark brooding-ness of Joy Division
__________________
http://cloudcover1.bandcamp.com/
http://daydreamsociety.bandcamp.com/

9-Time Winner of MusicBanter's "Most Qualified to be a Moderator" Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
On this one your voice is kind of weird but really intense and awesome
YorkeDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 12:34 PM   #13044 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
Kind of surprised you don't like the dark brooding-ness of Joy Division
I hate Ian Curtis' vocals. They're so ****ing boring. Nothing they've done comes close to "Blue Monday". But An Ideal for Living was some bombass punk.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 12:49 PM   #13045 (permalink)
OQB
 
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Frownland
Posts: 8,831
Default

I find them to be boring as well, for the most part. In terms of the Preoccupations comparison, I think they're much more adventurous with their sound. I'm sure the evolution of post-punk as a genre helps them with that, but they manage to do the whole brooding gothy gimmick without tiring it out.
__________________
Music Blog / RYM / Last.fm / Qwertyy's Journal of Music Reviews and Other Assorted Ramblings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 01:00 PM   #13046 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
I find them to be boring as well, for the most part. In terms of the Preoccupations comparison, I think they're much more adventurous with their sound. I'm sure the evolution of post-punk as a genre helps them with that, but they manage to do the whole brooding gothy gimmick without tiring it out.
They were a pretty sweet punk band though.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 03:00 PM   #13047 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Ninetales's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: livin wild
Posts: 2,179
Default

I don't listen to Joy Division as much anymore but they did play a big part in my music listening development. Wouldn't be in my top 20 artists or anything close, but still very good.

And: "Shadowplay" is their best song and this is not up for debate.
Ninetales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 03:42 PM   #13048 (permalink)
the worst guy
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,609
Default



CHVRCHES - Every Open Eye

Nice af.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 03:46 PM   #13049 (permalink)
Key
.
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 13,153
Default


The Ascent of Everest - From This Vantage

Some damn good post-rock mixed with some classic and jazz elements. Definitely a lot different than the standard post-rock I listen to, but this is really damn good.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 03:46 PM   #13050 (permalink)
silky smooth
 
YorkeDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pangaea
Posts: 4,079
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle View Post


CHVRCHES - Every Open Eye

Nice af.
I thought you didn't like this much back when I was hyping it around its release
__________________
http://cloudcover1.bandcamp.com/
http://daydreamsociety.bandcamp.com/

9-Time Winner of MusicBanter's "Most Qualified to be a Moderator" Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
On this one your voice is kind of weird but really intense and awesome
YorkeDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.