Albums You're Digging II - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2017, 06:21 PM   #13561 (permalink)
Certified H00d Classic
 
Anteater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bernie Sanders's yacht
Posts: 6,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I am dubious but mildly curious.
It's nowhere near the "best metalc0re ev3r" or whatnot, but I think the record as a whole is good.
__________________
Anteater's 21 Fav Albums Of 2020

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 06:27 PM   #13562 (permalink)
Prepare 4 the Fight Scene
 
Mondo Bungle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,674
Default

I mean, not weak or boring as in bad, just weak and boring compared to the plethora of sicker bands
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriphiel View Post
Hmm, what's this in my pocket?

*epic guitar solo blasts into my face*

DAMN IT MONDO
Mondo Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 09:53 AM   #13563 (permalink)
OQB
 
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Frownland
Posts: 8,832
Default

Cloud Nothings - Life Without Sound



i was scared for this after hearing the first few singles, but it's actually pretty rad. the production is a little overbearing in comparison to their previous two releases and it lacks a little in intensity, but beyond that it's a ton of fun and i can dig it for what it is. it's hard to live up to the expectations they've built, but it's a solid addition to their discography regardless.
__________________
Music Blog / RYM / Last.fm / Qwertyy's Journal of Music Reviews and Other Assorted Ramblings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 08:05 AM   #13564 (permalink)
midnite roles around
 
Tristan_Geoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 5,289
Default


War on Drugs - Lost in the Dream (2014)
(Dream Pop, Indie Rock, Heartland Rock, Americana)

Being on the Red House Painters/Americana kick I've been on lately, this band has been a gift from the heavens. Holy **** I love it.
__________________
YW Fam: All MB Music Projects Under One Roof

Emo/Pop Punk Journal

Techno Journal


Quote:
Originally Posted by Neward Thelman View Post
"SMOKE CRACK MUDA****KKA"

I'll check that dictionary, but in the meantime I'm impressed - as is everyone else in the world - by your eloquence, obvious accomplishments and success, and the evidence of your blazingly high intelligence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
He just doesn't have a mind so closed that it rivals Blockbuster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I own the mail
Tristan_Geoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 08:06 AM   #13565 (permalink)
OQB
 
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Frownland
Posts: 8,832
Default

i hate dream pop but i remember really digging that when it was released
__________________
Music Blog / RYM / Last.fm / Qwertyy's Journal of Music Reviews and Other Assorted Ramblings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 08:44 AM   #13566 (permalink)
midnite roles around
 
Tristan_Geoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 5,289
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
i hate dream pop but i remember really digging that when it was released
Why do you hate dream pop?
__________________
YW Fam: All MB Music Projects Under One Roof

Emo/Pop Punk Journal

Techno Journal


Quote:
Originally Posted by Neward Thelman View Post
"SMOKE CRACK MUDA****KKA"

I'll check that dictionary, but in the meantime I'm impressed - as is everyone else in the world - by your eloquence, obvious accomplishments and success, and the evidence of your blazingly high intelligence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
He just doesn't have a mind so closed that it rivals Blockbuster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I own the mail
Tristan_Geoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 08:47 AM   #13567 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,216
Default

I have no opinion on dream pop but I hate how every indie twat who doesn't want people to think they're a generic hipster says they like dream pop. I also think it's one of the worst genre names ever. Just say "dream pop" out loud. Isn't it awful?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 08:50 AM   #13568 (permalink)
the worst guy
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,610
Default

^ Speaking of bad genre titles...



Litku Klemetti - Juna Kainuuseen (2017)

Incredibly fun Indie Pop record from Finland. Obviously I have no idea what she's saying, but that doesn't matter one bit. In fact, it probably helps considering how corny lyrics in this genre can be (or any, if we are honest). Highly recommend.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 08:57 AM   #13569 (permalink)
OQB
 
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Frownland
Posts: 8,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan Geoff View Post
Why do you hate dream pop?
it's boring watered down shoegaze for boring indie twats
__________________
Music Blog / RYM / Last.fm / Qwertyy's Journal of Music Reviews and Other Assorted Ramblings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 11:05 AM   #13570 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits
 
Exo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,359
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
Cloud Nothings - Life Without Sound



i was scared for this after hearing the first few singles, but it's actually pretty rad. the production is a little overbearing in comparison to their previous two releases and it lacks a little in intensity, but beyond that it's a ton of fun and i can dig it for what it is. it's hard to live up to the expectations they've built, but it's a solid addition to their discography regardless.
Listening to it now. Yeah. It lacks that balls to the f*cking wall intensity from Hear and Nowhere else but it's still very enjoyable.
__________________
LastFM

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.