Albums You're Digging II - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2017, 12:09 PM   #14411 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits
 
Exo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,359
Default

For me his ego is so annoying that it overshadows his few good songs.
__________________
LastFM

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 12:12 PM   #14412 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,216
Default

But that ego made him walking into a sign into the most epic event since the Holocaust. I just wish the camera hadn't turned at the worst possible moment.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 12:13 PM   #14413 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits
 
Exo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,359
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
But that ego made him walking into a sign into the most epic event since the Holocaust. I just wish the camera hadn't turned at the worst possible moment.

I've never seen that. Did he just get mad at other people for what he did?
__________________
LastFM

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 12:22 PM   #14414 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
I've never seen that. Did he just get mad at other people for what he did?
In all fairness I might get kinda mad too if I was being constantly harassed by Hollywood paparazzi who then captured a completely embarrassing moment, that they did kinda cause by making me want to keep my head down whenever I saw them, and would then surely turn into TMZ. But OMG it's so great!

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 01:34 PM   #14415 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits
 
Exo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,359
Default



Pretend
Circular Reasoning

EP released this year that I've heard a bunch of times but right now it's very overcast and grey outside with a constant cool wind blowing so I decided to put this album on the turntable (1 of 500). Perfect mood music for outside. The last track is very long and spread thin with content but the first two tracks are ace. I think this is my favorite band nobody has heard about. Creepoid and Pretend could play a show together and then afterward I'd just kill myself because that'd be enough.
__________________
LastFM

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 01:37 PM   #14416 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 35,548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post


Pretend
Circular Reasoning

EP released this year that I've heard a bunch of times but right now it's very overcast and grey outside with a constant cool wind blowing so I decided to put this album on the turntable (1 of 500). Perfect mood music for outside. The last track is very long and spread thin with content but the first two tracks are ace. I think this is my favorite band nobody has heard about. Creepoid and Pretend could play a show together and then afterward I'd just kill myself because that'd be enough.
It's a great album. I've turned like 8 people onto them since you put Tapestry'd Life in the album club.
__________________
Studies show that when a given norm is changed in the face of the unchanging, the remaining contradictions will parallel the truth.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 01:48 PM   #14417 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits
 
Exo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,359
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
It's a great album. I've turned like 8 people onto them since you put Tapestry'd Life in the album club.
Out of everybody I didn't think you'd be the one to get the most out of this album but I'm sure glad you did.
__________________
LastFM

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 01:51 PM   #14418 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 35,548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
Out of everybody I didn't think you'd be the one to get the most out of this album but I'm sure glad you did.
The way that the new one was presented as "improvisation heavy" had me ready for something much, much different when I checked it out. That initially disappointed me but I really appreciate the album for what it was. As for Tapestry'd Life, it's hard for me to hate anything with drumming that rad.
__________________
Studies show that when a given norm is changed in the face of the unchanging, the remaining contradictions will parallel the truth.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 01:54 PM   #14419 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits
 
Exo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,359
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
The way that the new one was presented as "improvisation heavy" had me ready for something much, much different when I checked it out. That initially disappointed me but I really appreciate the album for what it was. As for Tapestry'd Life, it's hard for me to hate anything with drumming that rad.
I was disappointed at first but upon multiple listenings I realized it's an album that I can put on during really specific aesthetic or mood related instances like today with the wind and enjoy it so much more than say I just listened to it with headphones.

Tapesty'd Life is like that too but it's honestly so close to the core of my musical taste and what my personality sounds like that I can put it on anytime and enjoy the sh*t out of it. It's a top 10 album of all time for me.
__________________
LastFM

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 02:23 PM   #14420 (permalink)
Born to be mild
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 404 Not Found
Posts: 26,970
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post


Pretend
Circular Reasoning

EP released this year that I've heard a bunch of times but right now it's very overcast and grey outside with a constant cool wind blowing so I decided to put this album on the turntable (1 of 500). Perfect mood music for outside. The last track is very long and spread thin with content but the first two tracks are ace. I think this is my favorite band nobody has heard about. Creepoid and Pretend could play a show together and then afterward I'd just kill myself because that'd be enough.
I'm just curious: are you saying you have 500 albums, you're going to play 500 albums, or, um, that you have 500 turntables? Seriously, I just don't get the reference. Maybe I'm just dumb?
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.