Albums You're Digging II - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2010, 01:51 AM   #5461 (permalink)
( ̄ー ̄)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,270
Default

Fugazi - End Hits



thanks for the rec guys, this stuff really jives with me and I'm not sure why... yet

also, titular album artwork!
RVCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 04:23 AM   #5462 (permalink)
Engorged Member
 
sidewinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 5,536
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayvan Cowboy View Post
Three tracks in and I'm Fucking sold. Just great.
I really love Sunset Everett, #2. Something about screwed up pop is just awesome. Really fun album overall, still hearing new things with each spin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVCA View Post
Fugazi - End Hits

thanks for the rec guys, this stuff really jives with me and I'm not sure why... yet

also, titular album artwork!
Glad you like it! Their last two albums are definitely more mellow than the others but they are still great.
__________________
last.fm | my collection on RYM | vinyl instagram @allthatyouseeandhear
I'd love to see your signature/links too, but the huge and obnoxious ones have caused me to block all signatures.
sidewinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:50 AM   #5463 (permalink)
Fish in the percolator!
 
Seltzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hobbit Land NZ
Posts: 2,870
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayvan Cowboy View Post


Yup. Thanks for the recommendation, zeppy!
I didn't like City of Echoes, but Pelican's earlier stuff is great. The buildup in this track is glorious.

__________________
Seltzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:52 AM   #5464 (permalink)
...
 
dankrsta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVCA View Post
Fugazi - End Hits



thanks for the rec guys, this stuff really jives with me and I'm not sure why... yet

also, titular album artwork!
I just love this Fugazi album. Great choice
__________________
dankrsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 11:16 AM   #5465 (permalink)
Basscadet
 
Dayvan Cowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Antarctica
Posts: 1,258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
I really love Sunset Everett, #2. Something about screwed up pop is just awesome. Really fun album overall, still hearing new things with each spin.
That was one of my favourites from this album too. It's just a really good pop album in general. also, are there any bands I should check out that sound a bit like this?
Dayvan Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:54 PM   #5466 (permalink)
Basscadet
 
Dayvan Cowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Antarctica
Posts: 1,258
Default



When Loathsome Pete told me this was an avant-garde metal album, I was hoping for something more like Kayo Dot. Well, it goes to say that this isn't Kayo Dot, but it's equally good. It has an undeniably Science-fiction-esque vibe to it, something I dig. The entire space-related lyrics thing also caught my attention, as I absolutely love astronomical things, and the use of synthesizers on here sounds pretty awesome and is quite fitting for the music.
Dayvan Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:58 PM   #5467 (permalink)
Engorged Member
 
sidewinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 5,536
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayvan Cowboy View Post
That was one of my favourites from this album too. It's just a really good pop album in general. also, are there any bands I should check out that sound a bit like this?
I would say Jackson and His Computer Band and Mr. Oizo, both use a very cup-up style of production. Don't forget to pick up VHS Head's EP Video Club from last year. That's all I can think of right now, as I keep listening I might find similarities with other artists.
__________________
last.fm | my collection on RYM | vinyl instagram @allthatyouseeandhear
I'd love to see your signature/links too, but the huge and obnoxious ones have caused me to block all signatures.
sidewinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 02:01 PM   #5468 (permalink)
Cardboard Box Realtor
 
LoathsomePete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hobb's End
Posts: 7,648
Default

I'm glad that you enjoyed it regardless of it being more so what you wanted. I'm not going to lie, none of my recommendations really sound like Kayo Dot, but they all kick ass like Arcturus did.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 02:08 PM   #5469 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Telephasic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 112
Default



Awesome! I have only heard 50 percent of it (50 songs (!) in this case), but yeah, it's unbelievably great. Some really good popsongs but also more weird experimental stuff, and even a 1974 track from good ol' Bobby Pollard.
__________________
I am the one who loves changing from nothing to one
Telephasic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 02:12 PM   #5470 (permalink)
Basscadet
 
Dayvan Cowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Antarctica
Posts: 1,258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
I would say Jackson and His Computer Band and Mr. Oizo, both use a very cup-up style of production. Don't forget to pick up VHS Head's EP Video Club from last year. That's all I can think of right now, as I keep listening I might find similarities with other artists.
I'm currently getting some Jackson And His Computer Band, as I've heard a lot about him/it, and I'll definitely pick up Video Club


Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
I'm glad that you enjoyed it regardless of it being more so what you wanted. I'm not going to lie, none of my recommendations really sound like Kayo Dot, but they all kick ass like Arcturus did.
Even though none of them are like Kayo Dot, I honestly can't wait to hear them. I'll be getting the next album soon
Dayvan Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.