Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2008, 06:32 PM   #21 (permalink)
Ba and Be.
 
jackhammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: This Is England
Posts: 17,300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seltzer View Post
Hmmm... these are the albums that first come to mind.


Are you sure this is fun? There are some great riffs on here but I think this has'nt aged particulary well, especially the vocals. I was a little disappointed when I heard it a few years ago after a long hiatus.
__________________

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 08:10 PM   #22 (permalink)
Fish in the percolator!
 
Seltzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hobbit Land NZ
Posts: 2,867
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN CAVEMAN View Post

Agree on the Lightning Bolt. That album is a load of fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
Are you sure this is fun? There are some great riffs on here but I think this has'nt aged particulary well, especially the vocals. I was a little disappointed when I heard it a few years ago after a long hiatus.
The vocals used to put me off a few years back, but nowadays I think they're some of my favourite thrash vocals. There's something that's so deranged and psychotic about them.
__________________
Seltzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 10:47 PM   #23 (permalink)
NSW
I am in your sway
 
NSW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tejas
Posts: 2,578
Default

__________________
Formerly user nonsubmissivewife, but no longer a wife and never was submissive. Pretty sure those two things have nothing to do with each other though.
NSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 08:06 AM   #24 (permalink)
Da Hiphopopotamus
 
sweet_nothing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: cloud cuckoo land
Posts: 4,039
Default


nothing more more to say other than this is a fun glam rock record, oh and it's amazing, and very important
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by swim View Post
America does folk, hardcore and mathrock better and that's 90% of what I give 2 shits on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chartsengrafs View Post
sweet nothing openly flaunts the fact that he is merely the empty shell of an even more unadmirable member. his loneliness and need for attention bleeds through every letter he types. edit: i would just like to add that i'm ashamed that he's from texas. surely you didn't grow up in texas, did you sweet nothing?
sweet_nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 11:04 AM   #25 (permalink)
daddy don't
 
Molecules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: the Wastes
Posts: 2,576
Default



not a very obscure choice but it cheered me up recently. Just good hooks and acerbic lyrics! Good call on the Dolls btw
__________________

[SIZE="1"]Eff em
tumble her
Molecules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 03:09 AM   #26 (permalink)
Da Hiphopopotamus
 
sweet_nothing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: cloud cuckoo land
Posts: 4,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molecules View Post
Good call on the Dolls btw
I was shocked that it wasnt one of the first posted =\
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by swim View Post
America does folk, hardcore and mathrock better and that's 90% of what I give 2 shits on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chartsengrafs View Post
sweet nothing openly flaunts the fact that he is merely the empty shell of an even more unadmirable member. his loneliness and need for attention bleeds through every letter he types. edit: i would just like to add that i'm ashamed that he's from texas. surely you didn't grow up in texas, did you sweet nothing?
sweet_nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 03:21 AM   #27 (permalink)
Slanderous Duke
 
Duke Of Slander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 87
Default

Duke Of Slander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 06:36 AM   #28 (permalink)
Moodswings n' Roundabouts
 
Piss Me Off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: At the corner of Dude and Catastrophe
Posts: 4,510
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_nothing View Post
I was shocked that it wasnt one of the first posted =\
Hehe i posted it but it looks like my pic broke!
__________________


Last FM
Rate Yr Music
Muxtape
Piss Me Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 06:55 AM   #29 (permalink)
Da Hiphopopotamus
 
sweet_nothing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: cloud cuckoo land
Posts: 4,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piss Me Off View Post
Hehe i posted it but it looks like my pic broke!
dizamn, oh well i re-posted it
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by swim View Post
America does folk, hardcore and mathrock better and that's 90% of what I give 2 shits on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chartsengrafs View Post
sweet nothing openly flaunts the fact that he is merely the empty shell of an even more unadmirable member. his loneliness and need for attention bleeds through every letter he types. edit: i would just like to add that i'm ashamed that he's from texas. surely you didn't grow up in texas, did you sweet nothing?
sweet_nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 06:46 AM   #30 (permalink)
Back to mono
 
WaspStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 509
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_nothing View Post

nothing more more to say other than this is a fun glam rock record, oh and it's amazing, and very important
I didn't really care for that album until I heard the Shangri-La's; now I love it. Looking For A Kiss is brilliant. "I didn't come here looking for your fix!" That line cracks me up.
WaspStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.