Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Do YOU like Satan?
Yes 666 46.15%
No 777 53.85%
Voters: 1443. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2010, 02:50 AM   #2281 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 12
Default

Does anyone know any good melancholic opera piece? It's for a film I'm doing...
DARCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:29 AM   #2282 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
DiSTANToblivion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 505
Default

This is going to sound a little weird but I'm looking for full albums of videogame music remixes. I have a free download of a Donkey Kong Country 2 one called 'Serious Monkey Business' (just because I've always liked the games soundtrack). I have another Metroid one I brought called 'Varia Suite' which has all metal remixes of various songs throughout the series.

Anyone have any suggestions or favourite game soundtracks that they know good remixes for? I already know the websites like OverClocked remix, I'm after full remix albums. Thanks if anyone can help!
__________________
last.fm
Journal
deviantART
DiSTANToblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:21 AM   #2283 (permalink)
Jewish Cowboy
 
Rage Against the Machine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Franklin, TN
Posts: 632
Default


Does anyone know artists who make music like this? Flying Lotus kicks enormous amounts of ass but none of his other music sounds like this. i've never listened to a proper trip-hop album so that may be where to look but I am only just entering the world of electronic music, so i dunno.
__________________
Rage Against the Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:01 AM   #2284 (permalink)
Veritas vos liberabit
 
Jedey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Musicapolis
Posts: 477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiSTANToblivion View Post
This is going to sound a little weird but I'm looking for full albums of videogame music remixes. I have a free download of a Donkey Kong Country 2 one called 'Serious Monkey Business' (just because I've always liked the games soundtrack). I have another Metroid one I brought called 'Varia Suite' which has all metal remixes of various songs throughout the series.

Anyone have any suggestions or favourite game soundtracks that they know good remixes for? I already know the websites like OverClocked remix, I'm after full remix albums. Thanks if anyone can help!
This has been playing on PBS lately, you may find it interesting. Video Games live | http://www.videogameslive.com
__________________
My Tunes
Jedey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:15 AM   #2285 (permalink)
Engorged Member
 
sidewinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 5,536
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage Against the Machine View Post

Does anyone know artists who make music like this? Flying Lotus kicks enormous amounts of ass but none of his other music sounds like this. i've never listened to a proper trip-hop album so that may be where to look but I am only just entering the world of electronic music, so i dunno.
I'd like to make some recommendations, but would like to know what specifically appeals to you about the song. Is it more so the female vocals or the music? Most likely a combination. I just don't want to necessarily look to recommend tracks or artists that feature female vocals if that's not what was attracting you to the song. Anyway you might like these, until I get further clarification:





That Architeq song makes me melt just after 2:15 when that synth line comes in...ooooooohhhh. These are just guest vocals on instrumental hip-hop/glitch-hop producers' albums though. If you really do want a lot of female vocals, then trip-hop (Massive Attack, Portishead, etc) is where you should probably go.
__________________
last.fm | my collection on RYM | vinyl instagram @allthatyouseeandhear
I'd love to see your signature/links too, but the huge and obnoxious ones have caused me to block all signatures.
sidewinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:35 AM   #2286 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
DiSTANToblivion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 505
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedey View Post
This has been playing on PBS lately, you may find it interesting. Video Games live | http://www.videogameslive.com
Cheers! I've heard about this and seen videos before, very nice website man.
Thanks!
__________________
last.fm
Journal
deviantART
DiSTANToblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:53 AM   #2287 (permalink)
Jewish Cowboy
 
Rage Against the Machine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Franklin, TN
Posts: 632
Default

^^the appeal comes from the really psychedelic and dreamy ambient texture, mixed with all sorts of samples and a beat to carry the song. I listen to my fair share of ambient music, but the stuff i listen to never sounds that structured or... trippy. And as for vocals, female or male with high register seems to work better tonally for me in 'atmospheric' music in general.

As for the songs, I really liked both of those. i liked the first more than the second though, if that changes anything.
__________________
Rage Against the Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:26 PM   #2288 (permalink)
Engorged Member
 
sidewinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 5,536
Default

The first is definitely more in the style of Flying Lotus, the second is a bit more on the IDM side of things I'd say. Well for now I would suggest you check out some more Dimlite. That song is from his latest EP Prismic Tops, which is a bit more trippy in style than his first 2 albums (both great though).
__________________
last.fm | my collection on RYM | vinyl instagram @allthatyouseeandhear
I'd love to see your signature/links too, but the huge and obnoxious ones have caused me to block all signatures.
sidewinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 04:36 PM   #2289 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2
Default I need your help! Most Beutiful song

Hi everyone!

i need help! i'm getting married in november and we cant find a song for our first dance. I would rather die than go with one of the usuals, and want something really special and different.
one of our choices at the moment is Eels Fresh feeling, but it doesnt feel like the one. please give me some suggestions on beautiful songs, but please leave out the boy bands and celine dions!!

Thanks and looking forward to your replys

yiyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:32 PM   #2290 (permalink)
Veritas vos liberabit
 
Jedey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Musicapolis
Posts: 477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yiyi View Post
Hi everyone!

i need help! i'm getting married in november and we cant find a song for our first dance. I would rather die than go with one of the usuals, and want something really special and different.
one of our choices at the moment is Eels Fresh feeling, but it doesnt feel like the one. please give me some suggestions on beautiful songs, but please leave out the boy bands and celine dions!!

Thanks and looking forward to your replys
The O'Jays ~ Emotionally Yours

__________________
My Tunes
Jedey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.