Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Do YOU like Satan?
Yes 666 46.15%
No 777 53.85%
Voters: 1443. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2014, 09:15 PM   #3561 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 9
Default songs like till its gone by yelawolf

songs like till its gone by yelawolf, any recommendations would be sweet thanks
wiggy1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 09:17 PM   #3562 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karkkilaaa View Post
Does anyone have any band recommendations for studying and such?
i really like michael buble when i study haha, just down low in the background, or some rob thomas when he went solo
wiggy1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 07:22 AM   #3563 (permalink)
.
 
Overcast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: .
Posts: 1,526
Default

If anyone knows any relaxing field recording artists or albums of any kind I'm looking for them.
Overcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 11:59 PM   #3564 (permalink)
Prepare 4 the Fight Scene
 
Mondo Bungle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,501
Default

I'd like something like that too, I don't really know any artists specializing in field recordings myself

So what's the deal with krautmetal
__________________
https://www.last.fm/user/templeruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriphiel View Post
Hmm, what's this in my pocket?

*epic guitar solo blasts into my face*

DAMN IT MONDO
Conception of the Deities, February 14
Mondo Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 02:48 AM   #3565 (permalink)
President spic
 
Justthefacts's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Waxahatchee
Posts: 4,861
Default

Any modern jazz rap in the vein of A Tribe Called Quest?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
I love how you edited your post to officially out me out of the closet?" It's like you asked yourself if you were a big enough cunt in the post, concluded that you weren't, and added it in to satisfy your postly cunt quota
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I converted to Islam today.

Allah Supreme.
A Love Supreme.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Bungle View Post
saw LeBron James downtown but then I realized I'm just racist
The Best Collection You'll See Today
Justthefacts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 06:17 AM   #3566 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 4
Default

I hate to be vague but I'm looking for something that has a general rock structure to it but isn't afraid to flirt with pop elements. A charismatic and emotional vocalist but not something too sappy, depressive or aggressive. A band that has a vision, something larger-than-life or flamboyant. They don't have to be original but I prefer a band that has their own identity; not something that is too derivative of a particular genre. Being that I'm into listening to full albums, I would prefer at least one strong album by the band.

The best examples I can think of include:
Marilyn Manson - Mechanical Animals
Roxy Music - Country Life
Christian Death - Catastrophe Ballet
AFI - Decemberunderground
The Smashing Pumpkins - Adore
London After Midnight - Psycho Magnet
Placebo - Black Market Music
Neurophobic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 07:43 AM   #3567 (permalink)
 
Zer0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ireland
Posts: 3,791
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurophobic View Post
I hate to be vague but I'm looking for something that has a general rock structure to it but isn't afraid to flirt with pop elements. A charismatic and emotional vocalist but not something too sappy, depressive or aggressive. A band that has a vision, something larger-than-life or flamboyant. They don't have to be original but I prefer a band that has their own identity; not something that is too derivative of a particular genre. Being that I'm into listening to full albums, I would prefer at least one strong album by the band.

The best examples I can think of include:
Marilyn Manson - Mechanical Animals
Roxy Music - Country Life
Christian Death - Catastrophe Ballet
AFI - Decemberunderground
The Smashing Pumpkins - Adore
London After Midnight - Psycho Magnet
Placebo - Black Market Music
Give the first two Suede albums a listen, Suede and Dog Man Star. Based on your description you might dig them.
__________________
Zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 03:09 AM   #3568 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0 View Post
Give the first two Suede albums a listen, Suede and Dog Man Star. Based on your description you might dig them.
I'm actually already a fan of Suede. I've got their first three albums.
Neurophobic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 03:25 AM   #3569 (permalink)
regretting awful opinions
 
Machine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Detroit
Posts: 2,073
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurophobic View Post
I hate to be vague but I'm looking for something that has a general rock structure to it but isn't afraid to flirt with pop elements. A charismatic and emotional vocalist but not something too sappy, depressive or aggressive. A band that has a vision, something larger-than-life or flamboyant. They don't have to be original but I prefer a band that has their own identity; not something that is too derivative of a particular genre. Being that I'm into listening to full albums, I would prefer at least one strong album by the band.

The best examples I can think of include:
Marilyn Manson - Mechanical Animals
Roxy Music - Country Life
Christian Death - Catastrophe Ballet
AFI - Decemberunderground
The Smashing Pumpkins - Adore
London After Midnight - Psycho Magnet
Placebo - Black Market Music
I don't know, but my internal recs for over the top music would be Arcade Fire and The Flaming Lips.
Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 11:19 AM   #3570 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine View Post
I don't know, but my internal recs for over the top music would be Arcade Fire and The Flaming Lips.
I've heard the names of both bands before but I'm not familiar with either. Which albums from those bands do you think would best coincide with what I'm looking for?
Neurophobic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.