Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2014, 12:35 AM   #11681 (permalink)
WWWP f*cks dogs
 
Doug McClasky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 37,649
Default

Maybe back in the eighties that was an amazing cover, but now it just looks like a bad MS Paint job.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Doug McClasky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 12:50 AM   #11682 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,037
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Maybe back in the eighties that was an amazing cover, but now it just looks like a bad MS Paint job.
It's actually a decent composition with solid typography, unlike most of the crimes against taste that people post in "best album covers" threads.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 01:08 AM   #11683 (permalink)
WWWP f*cks dogs
 
Doug McClasky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 37,649
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
It's actually a decent composition with solid typography, unlike most of the crimes against taste that people post in "best album covers" threads.
Regardless of how well it was done it still looks like MS Paint.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Doug McClasky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 01:12 AM   #11684 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,037
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Regardless of how well it was done it still looks like MS Paint.
MS Paint doesn't allow you to do good typography.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 01:21 AM   #11685 (permalink)
WWWP f*cks dogs
 
Doug McClasky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 37,649
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
MS Paint doesn't allow you to do good typography.
No but it does allow you to make a pic that looks like a five-year-old on the computer doodled all over four peoples' faces. You can use words like typography all you want, but it still looks like an MS Paint job.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Doug McClasky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 01:26 AM   #11686 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,037
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
No but it does allow you to make a pic that looks like a five-year-old on the computer doodled all over four peoples' faces. You can use words like typography all you want, but it still looks like an MS Paint job.
I can refer to fundamental aspects of design all I want and will continue to be right.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 01:37 AM   #11687 (permalink)
WWWP f*cks dogs
 
Doug McClasky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 37,649
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
I can refer to fundamental aspects of design all I want and will continue to be right.
And all of those pretty details end up making one big, artistically relevant MS Paint job. You'd have to be blind or actively refusing to see it in any other light to not see that it looks like it could have been done in MS Paint. I'm assuming you're a rather big fan of the album?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Doug McClasky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 06:38 AM   #11688 (permalink)
Aficionado of Fine Filth
 
Psy-Fi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: You don't want to look in there.
Posts: 3,799
Default

20, 20, 20, 20 dollars a blow...


Blowfly-I Wanna Be Fellated - YouTube
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
Step off. You angry little hobgoblin.
She's a Brick House
Psy-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 10:17 AM   #11689 (permalink)
Aficionado of Fine Filth
 
Psy-Fi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: You don't want to look in there.
Posts: 3,799
Default

Possibly the best version of this song ever...


Th' Legendary Shack Shakers - Shake Your Hips (2012) - YouTube
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
Step off. You angry little hobgoblin.
She's a Brick House
Psy-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 10:31 AM   #11690 (permalink)
Screwed by life
 
Black Francis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: in an abstract house painted silver
Posts: 3,775
Default



Dat Bassline.
__________________
"Hey Kids you got to meet the MIGHTY PIXIES!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbRbCtIgW3A
Black Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.