Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2015, 01:09 AM   #14091 (permalink)
Screwed by life
 
Black Francis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: in an abstract house painted silver
Posts: 3,776
Default

__________________
"Hey Kids you got to meet the MIGHTY PIXIES!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbRbCtIgW3A
Black Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 01:13 AM   #14092 (permalink)
.
 
Overcast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: .
Posts: 1,531
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
^I love that album. Ever listened to any of Loren Mazzacane Connors' solo work?
Nah, but I'll definitely check it out now. I've just had that album sitting in my library for quite awhile now, not sure why I never explored the artists any further. Shuffle is useful sometimes...
Overcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 03:33 AM   #14093 (permalink)
Aficionado of Fine Filth
 
Psy-Fi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: You don't want to look in there.
Posts: 3,676
Default


https://youtu.be/qJrjkLhgYX0
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
Step off. You angry little hobgoblin.
She's a Brick House
Psy-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 07:21 AM   #14094 (permalink)
Just Keep Swimming...
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: See signature...
Posts: 4,652
Default

Darude - Sandstorm
__________________
See location...
Plankton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 07:28 AM   #14095 (permalink)
Just Keep Swimming...
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: See signature...
Posts: 4,652
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psy-Fi View Post
That was great.
__________________
See location...
Plankton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 10:31 AM   #14096 (permalink)
Gotcha
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,972
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcast View Post
Nah, but I'll definitely check it out now. I've just had that album sitting in my library for quite awhile now, not sure why I never explored the artists any further. Shuffle is useful sometimes...
His stuff is a lot more ambient leaning than the folky vibe he has with Bloom. Red Mars is one of my favourites from him, but I've yet to hear a bad thing from him.



Really wish there was a video of the whole performance.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.


Last edited by Frownland; 05-13-2015 at 10:51 AM.
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 11:28 AM   #14097 (permalink)
the only one you need!
 
BloodFoxTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Scotland, UK.
Posts: 145
Default

^_^ the Agonist are awesome!

BloodFoxTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 03:34 PM   #14098 (permalink)
Aficionado of Fine Filth
 
Psy-Fi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: You don't want to look in there.
Posts: 3,676
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
That was great.
He plays in my area quite often. I just saw him with Michael Allman and Charles Neville, as part of the Allman, Neville, Pitchell band. I took some video of the last two songs of the evening, "Statesboro Blues" and "Whipping Post." Didn't quite get it all in, as my card ran out of storage space 3 to 4 seconds before the end. I especially enjoyed the back-and-forth interplay with him and Charles Neville during "Whipping Post."


The Allman, Neville, Pitchell Band - Statesboro Blues & Whipping Post
https://youtu.be/r_FacQ6H2kE
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
Step off. You angry little hobgoblin.
She's a Brick House
Psy-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 07:49 PM   #14099 (permalink)
Just Keep Swimming...
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: See signature...
Posts: 4,652
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psy-Fi View Post
He plays in my area quite often. I just saw him with Michael Allman and Charles Neville, as part of the Allman, Neville, Pitchell band. I took some video of the last two songs of the evening, "Statesboro Blues" and "Whipping Post." Didn't quite get it all in, as my card ran out of storage space 3 to 4 seconds before the end. I especially enjoyed the back-and-forth interplay with him and Charles Neville during "Whipping Post."


The Allman, Neville, Pitchell Band - Statesboro Blues & Whipping Post
https://youtu.be/r_FacQ6H2kE
Killer stuff! Love the nod at 3:21. Thanks for throwing it out there.
__________________
See location...
Plankton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 07:28 AM   #14100 (permalink)
Tremendous Machine
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: In Time
Posts: 467
Default

__________________
Journal l List l Reviews l YouTube Playlist
Aux-In is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.