Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2011, 06:11 AM   #5181 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,037
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_k View Post
Nice to see some Billy Idol on there, though surprising for a guy who hates the 80s.

And interesting to see Seasick Steve, one of those fascinating examples of a musician who is far more well-known outside of his home country than in it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 06:21 AM   #5182 (permalink)
Groupie
 
blackstone recs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1
Default

Shon - Jasmine

Trance Music
blackstone recs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 06:43 AM   #5183 (permalink)
Live by the Sword
 
Howard the Duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posts: 9,039
Default

__________________


Malaise is THE dominant human predilection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
what? i don't understand you. farming is for vegetables, not for meat. if ou disagree with a farming practice, you disagree on a vegetable. unless you have a different definition of farming.
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 07:16 AM   #5184 (permalink)
satan in the fire
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,418
Default

"Rites of Spring" - Rites of Spring

OH YEAH!
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 07:49 AM   #5185 (permalink)
s_k
Music Addict
 
s_k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,169
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Nice to see some Billy Idol on there, though surprising for a guy who hates the 80s.
80's music, that is. I love eighties cars. They're so wrong they somehow get cool again .
I don't hate the 80's on principle you know. If a song's good, it's good.
It just seems that there's not much music I like made in the eighties. And I dislike all the synthesizer crap that the eighties brought us.

Quote:
And interesting to see Seasick Steve, one of those fascinating examples of a musician who is far more well-known outside of his home country than in it.
Really? The guy's a legend here
__________________
Click here to see my collection
s_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 07:53 AM   #5186 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 477
Default


A rare moment, Billy and Dusty playing without Frank...! 1 Drummer, 2 Percussionists and 2 hot backup singers but no Frank!


Garrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 07:56 AM   #5187 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,037
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_k View Post
80's music, that is. I love eighties cars. They're so wrong they somehow get cool again .
I don't hate the 80's on principle you know. If a song's good, it's good.
It just seems that there's not much music I like made in the eighties. And I dislike all the synthesizer crap that the eighties brought us.
See, I would have guessed you'd consider Billy Idol to a part of that. Glad you don't though. I love his stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_k View Post
Really? The guy's a legend here
Yep. I had never even heard of the guy until I saw him on an episode of Top Gear last winter. Afterwards, when I looked him up, I was shocked to discover that he's fairly popular in Europe. Just check out the list of his albums chart positions. He hasn't charted in the US at all despite charting in several other countries with several of his albums.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 08:15 AM   #5188 (permalink)
s_k
Music Addict
 
s_k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,169
Default

Pity. His concert at the Lowlands festival last year was really, really crowded.
I'm sorry to say I missed most of it. Flogging Molly was playing at the same time.
I love Flogging Molly. And a friend of mine wanted to go there. And since she's living far away so I don't see her that ofte nand since she's reaaaally nice, there's a win-win situation

About Billy Idol; The guy's got an amazing voice and some great songs. I don't own any albums by him, but you can't deny the guy
__________________
Click here to see my collection
s_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 08:44 AM   #5189 (permalink)
RMR
Front to Back
 
RMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 360
Default

__________________
RMR
My music reivew site: RMR Music Reviews
RMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 08:52 AM   #5190 (permalink)
Live by the Sword
 
Howard the Duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posts: 9,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
See, I would have guessed you'd consider Billy Idol to a part of that. Glad you don't though. I love his stuff.
I love 'im, too
__________________


Malaise is THE dominant human predilection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
what? i don't understand you. farming is for vegetables, not for meat. if ou disagree with a farming practice, you disagree on a vegetable. unless you have a different definition of farming.
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.