Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2010, 07:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
( ̄ー ̄)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,258
Default "Scariest Voices in Rock"

Scary Voices: The 13 Creepiest, Most Blood-Curdling Singers in Rock - Spinner

For those too lazy to click the link:

13. Lux Interior of The Cramps
12. Bjork
11. Screamin' Jay Hawkins
10. Ian Curtis
9. Julee Cruise
8. Peter Murphy of Bauhaus
7. Jello Biafra of Dead Kennedys
6. Tom Araya of Slayer
5. Black Francis of Pixies
4. Nick Cave
3. Diamanda Galas
2. Tom Waits
1. Howlin Wolf
RVCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 08:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: -_-_-_-_~__~-~_-`_`-~_-`-~-~
Posts: 1,276
Default

Kim Gordon should top this list. Her Confusion Is Sex/Bad Moon Rising vocal performances raise the hair on your arms.
clutnuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,028
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVCA View Post
Scary Voices: The 13 Creepiest, Most Blood-Curdling Singers in Rock - Spinner

For those too lazy to click the link:

13. Lux Interior of The Cramps
12. Bjork
11. Screamin' Jay Hawkins
10. Ian Curtis
9. Julee Cruise
8. Peter Murphy of Bauhaus
7. Jello Biafra of Dead Kennedys
6. Tom Araya of Slayer
5. Black Francis of Pixies
4. Nick Cave
3. Diamanda Galas
2. Tom Waits
1. Howlin Wolf
Though I like almost everybody on this list, Diamanda Galas is the only one I think sounds even remotely creepy or blood-curdling.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
.
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,507
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Though I like almost everybody on this list, Diamanda Galas is the only one I think sounds even remotely creepy or blood-curdling.
I don't know, when Black Francis howled you felt it under your skin.
someonecompletelyrandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,028
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan View Post
I don't know, when Black Francis howled you felt it under your skin.
I like the Pixies a lot. But I find them fun, not scary.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 10:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
\/ GOD
 
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Nowhere...
Posts: 2,161
Default

No Michael Jackson? Creeps the **** out of me. I don't even mean that as a trollish now taboo pedophile joke. His voice seriously creeps me out sometimes.
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
bannister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 125
Default

I seriously find none of these creepy.

Well, except for Nick Cave. No lie, his voice is pretty ****in' scary sometimes.
__________________
You're not punk, and I'm telling everyone.

____

last.fm

____

"Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day.

But, set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

- Terry Pratchett



bannister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
.
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,507
Default

Tom Waits could pass for the Devil. In fact, I think he has on several occasions. It's not quite a "scary" vibe, more of that slick, con man-ish type Devil. A bit like the twilight zone or something.
someonecompletelyrandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 02:27 AM   #9 (permalink)
Engorged Member
 
sidewinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 5,536
Default

Black Francis? Really?

Where's Ogre? Not the scariest by any means, but definitely scarier than Black Francis FFS.

The rest, I don't know as I don't have much experience with them.
__________________
last.fm | my collection on RYM | vinyl instagram @allthatyouseeandhear
I'd love to see your signature/links too, but the huge and obnoxious ones have caused me to block all signatures.
sidewinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.