Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2020, 12:23 PM   #921 (permalink)
Just Keep Swimming...
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: See signature...
Posts: 6,308
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psy-Fi View Post
I was at that show. My 36th time seeing The Allman Brothers Band.

R.I.P. Gregg & Butch
That's awesome. There's a link to the whole concert in the YT comments.
__________________
See location...
Plankton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 02:19 PM   #922 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 29
Default

John Farnham turns the Beatles' "help" into an almost five minute power ballad.
superb version, far superior to The Fab Four's original
CRAZY-HORSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 06:55 PM   #923 (permalink)
AllTheWhileYouChargeAFee
 
DriveYourCarDownToTheSea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 1,016
Default

Original:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0drT4ocmAg

Cover better than the original:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6LRJhSc4Vk
__________________
Stop and find a pretty shell for her
Beach Boys vs Beatles comparisons begin here
DriveYourCarDownToTheSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 07:36 PM   #924 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: mars
Posts: 3
Default

Ty Segall's version of Dropout Boogie is better than the Captain Beefheart version
sunacademy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 04:14 PM   #925 (permalink)
Willowy Elven Boy
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: This Synth Kills Fascists
Posts: 13,866
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunacademy View Post
Ty Segall's version of Dropout Boogie is better than the Captain Beefheart version
hell to the naw
__________________
Just another marketing ploy

Quote:
Are beehives and ant colonies unnatural? Cause they cooperate on a level we could hardly dream of.
elphenor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 08:14 PM   #926 (permalink)
quarantined
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 7,281
Default

I love Wire's original and live version immensely, however I can appreciate re-realization of this awesome tune by Fischerspooner. I would dare say this cover is equal to the origin, but in all honesty I do not feel it's better than it.

Fischerspooner - The 15th
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by mord View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards

Last edited by Neapolitan; 02-19-2020 at 08:22 PM.
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 01:13 PM   #927 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
ribbons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 904
Default

^ That is actually the only cover version of a Wire song I've ever liked. It takes the ethereal quality of the original and aerates and lifts it - which suits the song very well. And yet, the live version is appealing in a completely different, geometric, herky-jerky way. I can't choose!

ribbons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 02:36 PM   #928 (permalink)
killedmyraindog
 
TheBig3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 10,073
Default

TheBig3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 04:36 PM   #929 (permalink)
quarantined
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 7,281
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribbons View Post
^ That is actually the only cover version of a Wire song I've ever liked. It takes the ethereal quality of the original and aerates and lifts it - which suits the song very well. And yet, the live version is appealing in a completely different, geometric, herky-jerky way. I can't choose!

I remember watching the whole concert on YouTube and was totally floored when I heard that song. The live version is one of my atf songs to play in plug.dj - sharing the awesomeness of The 15th (live) as much as possible.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by mord View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 06:36 PM   #930 (permalink)
Ⱨł₲ⱧɆⱤ Vł฿Ɽ₳₮łØ₦₴
 
Mindfulness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 7,228
Default


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX3IdlzwtyE

just kidding but this is good still
Mindfulness is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2021 Advameg, Inc.