Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2011, 05:25 PM   #71 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Say what? there is a new Evanescence album coming out? i'm looking forward to that now that I know of it.

Do you like We are the Fallen?
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 05:52 PM   #72 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Batty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: South Australia
Posts: 194
Default

Marillion's next.
__________________
http://www.last.fm/user/Batt1958/charts
Earworms Rool.
Batty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:22 AM   #73 (permalink)
art is sold for money
 
Scissorman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Posts: 730
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Say what? there is a new Evanescence album coming out? i'm looking forward to that now that I know of it.

Do you like We are the Fallen?
The new album was supposed to come out in 2010, but they had problems with their record label, so they postponed it for 2011. I like We Are The Fallen, they have some pretty good songs, although there are a few songs on their album I think pretty much suck
Scissorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:06 AM   #74 (permalink)
IWP
A S T H E T I C
 
IWP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 532
Default

I'm looking forward to the new Lady Gaga album, so I can witness and enjoy the whole electropop movement supplant hip hop even further. =D
__________________
*insert witty remark here*
IWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:34 PM   #75 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Hitting_Singularity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 164
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWP View Post
I'm looking forward to the new Lady Gaga album, so I can witness and enjoy the whole electropop movement supplant hip hop even further. =D
sarcasm or no?

I like the electro-pop movement, it's a lot better than what pop was before IMO

and I dunno if it's supplanting hip-hop, they are just melding in some cases, but hasn't that been the case with pop and hip-hop since as early as Michael Jackson?
__________________
Favorite Music Videos
My_Collection
What_I_Listen_To

"I'm not saying it should be free; I'm saying it should be free-er. I'm not saying it should be free-er; I'm saying the music should be free."
Hitting_Singularity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:52 PM   #76 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 973
Default

Well I've been looking forward to Nas's Lost Tapes 2 for awhile now. Problems with his label are preventing it. And I guess he might be waiting to release it with his next album. Whatever the case, I'm really excited cause Lost Tapes was amazing
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 02:35 PM   #77 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scissorman View Post
The new album was supposed to come out in 2010, but they had problems with their record label, so they postponed it for 2011. I like We Are The Fallen, they have some pretty good songs, although there are a few songs on their album I think pretty much suck
yeah I feel the same way about We Are The Fallen as you do.

I have had Lost Tapes kicking around but just never got the chance to listen to it....maybe I'll do that now

I'm also looking forward to hearing Jay and Kanye's Watch the Throne if it comes out this year.

And another offering of Yelawolf wouldn't be bad. I enjoyed his trunk muzik.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 02:43 PM   #78 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 973
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
yeah I feel the same way about We Are The Fallen as you do.

I have had Lost Tapes kicking around but just never got the chance to listen to it....maybe I'll do that now

I'm also looking forward to hearing Jay and Kanye's Watch the Throne if it comes out this year.

And another offering of Yelawolf wouldn't be bad. I enjoyed his trunk muzik.
Definitely give it a listen. Highly recommend it. Other than Illmatic, I think Lost Tapes is Nas's best work. The song Purple off that is one of my favorite songs by anyone, period.
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:18 PM   #79 (permalink)
IWP
A S T H E T I C
 
IWP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 532
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitting_Singularity View Post
sarcasm or no?

I like the electro-pop movement, it's a lot better than what pop was before IMO

and I dunno if it's supplanting hip-hop, they are just melding in some cases, but hasn't that been the case with pop and hip-hop since as early as Michael Jackson?
Well it's at least supplanting that annoying kind of hip hop that was huge from like 2003-2009. I'm talking about crunk a.k.a. ringtone rap of course.

One sign of the times changing is that the new Black Eyed Peas album is almost entirely electronic dance oriented, instead of the hip hop sound that they used to have, and I like them a whole lot more for it.
__________________
*insert witty remark here*
IWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:58 PM   #80 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWP View Post
Well it's at least supplanting that annoying kind of hip hop that was huge from like 2003-2009. I'm talking about crunk a.k.a. ringtone rap of course.

One sign of the times changing is that the new Black Eyed Peas album is almost entirely electronic dance oriented, instead of the hip hop sound that they used to have, and I like them a whole lot more for it.
they started that change from the last album before this recent one that came out and I like the direction that they are heading in.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.