Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2011, 02:59 PM   #161 (permalink)
Quiet Man in the Corner
 
CanwllCorfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pocono Mountains
Posts: 2,452
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVCA View Post
Wow! Too weird. Send me something else
I shall! Expect a PM in a short while.

As an update, I sent Janszoon Salem - King Night:



and bob. Larsen & Friends - Abeceda:

__________________
Your eyes were never yet let in to see the majesty and riches of the mind, but dwell in darkness; for your God is blind.

CanwllCorfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:39 PM   #162 (permalink)
Registered Jimmy Rustler
 
Dr_Rez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5,190
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsubmissivewife View Post

So for Janszoon, RezZ, and sidewinder:


Sideshow - Admit One


Well I just listened to it like 5 times and it was awsome. I fell asleep to it multiple times. Now dont think thats a bad thing either I have VERY high standards for music that gets put on repeat while I sleep. It almost sounded like Ulrich Shnauss at points. Great stuff thanks Wife!

-------------------



pink floyd en bossa nova by Holly Wilson
Sent by Jackhammer

Well this was also ****ing wonderful. Seemed like a more depressing rendition of mainly DSOTM tracks but still in a pretty cool way. My favorite was probably the cover of money, different than any other version I have ever heard, and by now Iv heard a good few. Thanks Jackhammer, you probably dont remember but a long time ago you sent me Dub Side of the Moon and I still listen to that a lot, this I think it perhaps a notch below that (as I love the upbeat reggae remakes) but still a really cool take on some classic stuff.

Now if you happen to read this by any chance I could stumble on anything else the Easy A All Stars have done?
__________________
*Best chance of losing virginity is in prison crew*
*Always Checks Credentials Crew*
*nba > nfl crew*
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
*Flakes on Dates to go Hoop crew*

Power: Yamaha Rx-v363
Speakers:2 Boston Acoustics A100's, 2 Pioneer HPM-60's
Headphones: Audio Technica M50, Sony MDR-XB500

Last edited by Dr_Rez; 01-06-2011 at 04:48 PM.
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:40 PM   #163 (permalink)
Still sends his reguards.
 
bob.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Trying to get out of the cat town....
Posts: 5,002
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanwllCorfe View Post
and bob. Larsen & Friends - Abeceda:

loved this....again speechless...just beautiful music...the entire concept behind this live album practically brings me to tears....it's such a beautiful pice of music which encompasses everything from classical orchestration, droning white noise, post-rock ambience, and of course Tibet's wonderful howling

which ironically is my only issue with it....i am very much what would be called a Current 93 fan boy....and there are basically two types of people in my little world....those who love David Tibet's voice and those who do not....so a small part of me feels that he shines a bit to much on this....not a bad thing by any means at all...except that it kind of makes it another Current 93 album.......there are only two track out of the nine where Tibet does not do vocals....and they are amazing and moving and just wonderful...not that the one's with him aren't....but it would be interesting to hear a full album of this line up without any vocals

i would very much like to see the dvd of this concert....as apparently there is also dance interpretation along with the music...i am sure it's as moving as the music

excellent choice for me CanwllCorfe....thank you

all about Texas....

for Turquoise_Days:

Fuckemos - Can Kill You


i know you like copShootcop....this is much worse in sound...kind of a sooo bad it's the best....and very very sarcastic to the point of shaking your head silliness....and the singer sounds like he's been huffing freon since birth....one of the greatest thing to have ever come from Austin Texas.....any of you who live there....or really know anything about Austin music will understand the name

for nonsubmissivewife:

Texas Is The Reason - Do You Know Who You Are? / Self Titled EP


i know we are only supposed to send one....but the full length is really short in time and the EP has their best songs....so it's basically a discography

Texas Is The Reason is not from Texas....but is rather comprised of a bunch of old NYC hardcore artists who want ed to do something new and different...in doing this they helped to spark a whole new genre....

enjoy
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:58 PM   #164 (permalink)
NSW
I am in your sway
 
NSW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tejas
Posts: 2,579
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
I'm listening to this now...but I'm a bit reluctant. I'm just not typically a dub fan. I've liked a few dub albums in my life, but it's not something I ever seek out. Also I was glad to find out the singer on the first song was just a guest, because I didn't like her voice.

edit: Ok I'm enjoying it more now. Had to get in the groove I guess. Also I finished lunch so I'm in a food coma, and it works.
lol...no worries man. I didn't remember you being a dub fan, but I seemed to remember you having an interest in some electronic music. I didn't look at your last.fm either. So I kind of sent it blind. But I'm glad it worked with your food coma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezZ View Post
Sideshow - Admit One
Well I just listened to it like 5 times and it was awsome. I fell asleep to it multiple times. Now dont think thats a bad thing either I have VERY high standards for music that gets put on repeat while I sleep. It almost sounded like Ulrich Shnauss at points. Great stuff thanks Wife!
I so glad you liked it! It really is hard to find good music to sleep to isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob. View Post
for nonsubmissivewife:

Texas Is The Reason - Do You Know Who You Are? / Self Titled EP


i know we are only supposed to send one....but the full length is really short in time and the EP has their best songs....so it's basically a discography

Texas Is The Reason is not from Texas....but is rather comprised of a bunch of old NYC hardcore artists who want ed to do something new and different...in doing this they helped to spark a whole new genre....

enjoy
Yay! Can't wait...

BTW...I put that Walter Schreifels album on repeat today at work. I've gotta say at first I was scared to listen to it because our tastes in music seem so different. I need to listen to it again on normal speakers (instead of my wussy mp3 speakers), but as of now I'm really digging it. It was on repeat for the entire second half of the work day...not many albums get that much play, for real.
__________________
Formerly user nonsubmissivewife, but no longer a wife and never was submissive. Pretty sure those two things have nothing to do with each other though.
NSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:06 PM   #165 (permalink)
Registered Jimmy Rustler
 
Dr_Rez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5,190
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsubmissivewife View Post

I so glad you liked it! It really is hard to find good music to sleep to isn't it?

Yes it is. the problem I have is most music MADE for sleep is to repetitive predicable and boring. They end out just being hour long synth tracks that really do nothing for me. Haha and I did not mean thats all that album was good for I just chose to use it last night is all.
__________________
*Best chance of losing virginity is in prison crew*
*Always Checks Credentials Crew*
*nba > nfl crew*
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
*Flakes on Dates to go Hoop crew*

Power: Yamaha Rx-v363
Speakers:2 Boston Acoustics A100's, 2 Pioneer HPM-60's
Headphones: Audio Technica M50, Sony MDR-XB500
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:21 PM   #166 (permalink)
Still sends his reguards.
 
bob.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Trying to get out of the cat town....
Posts: 5,002
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsubmissivewife View Post
Yay! Can't wait...

BTW...I put that Walter Schreifels album on repeat today at work. I've gotta say at first I was scared to listen to it because our tastes in music seem so different. I need to listen to it again on normal speakers (instead of my wussy mp3 speakers), but as of now I'm really digging it. It was on repeat for the entire second half of the work day...not many albums get that much play, for real.
nice ....glad you've liked it so far....it really is just an all around good album
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:23 PM   #167 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,028
Default

for RezZ:

Mühr—Shepherd/Blood



I just got this one myself, but after our conversation about doom metal the other day it immediately made me think of you. It's doomy and crunchy and psychedelic and beautifully melodic. Actually I think the album cover is a pretty good representation of what it sounds like. I think you might really dig it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:31 PM   #168 (permalink)
Registered Jimmy Rustler
 
Dr_Rez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5,190
Default

Downloading it now, Im trying to imagine what mountains sound like though.
__________________
*Best chance of losing virginity is in prison crew*
*Always Checks Credentials Crew*
*nba > nfl crew*
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
*Flakes on Dates to go Hoop crew*

Power: Yamaha Rx-v363
Speakers:2 Boston Acoustics A100's, 2 Pioneer HPM-60's
Headphones: Audio Technica M50, Sony MDR-XB500
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:34 PM   #169 (permalink)
Engorged Member
 
sidewinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 5,536
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsubmissivewife View Post
lol...no worries man. I didn't remember you being a dub fan, but I seemed to remember you having an interest in some electronic music. I didn't look at your last.fm either. So I kind of sent it blind. But I'm glad it worked with your food coma.
Yeah it worked quite well and really the first track was the only one I didn't like. I do have a major interest in electronic music so this was not a bad choice at all. A bit out of my comfort zone but that's a good thing. The instrumentation was really good. It's funny that I used to think of this type of stuff (and much electronic music) as being purely electronic but more and more I recognize the real instruments being played. This is probably because I've never played an instrument so I just assumed a lot of music was synthesized. This sounds live though.
__________________
last.fm | my collection on RYM | vinyl instagram @allthatyouseeandhear
I'd love to see your signature/links too, but the huge and obnoxious ones have caused me to block all signatures.
sidewinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:35 PM   #170 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,028
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezZ View Post
Downloading it now, Im trying to imagine what mountains sound like though.
Not just mountains. Snow capped mountains at night!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.