Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2011, 12:01 AM   #31 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: -_-_-_-_~__~-~_-`_`-~_-`-~-~
Posts: 1,276
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
I'm pretty sure a majority of us at music banter know what "bridge albums" are you didn't really need to explain it but I agree with your last paragraph though about having 100% success rate vs. say like 75% or something along those lines.
Given the existence/longevity of threads with premises like "MY FRIENDS/FAMILY REACT TO MY TASTE HILARIOUSLY", I really wouldn't think that these supposed "bridge albums" are all that well-known, since people still have no idea what to show the people around them musically. Either that or people are purposely showing others things that they will hate so that they can post about it on the internet.
clutnuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:11 AM   #32 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutnuckle View Post
Given the existence/longevity of threads with premises like "MY FRIENDS/FAMILY REACT TO MY TASTE HILARIOUSLY", I really wouldn't think that these supposed "bridge albums" are all that well-known, since people still have no idea what to show the people around them musically. Either that or people are purposely showing others things that they will hate so that they can post about it on the internet.
Do you notice the people that start threads like that? it's usually a new poster not someone that has been around Musicbanter for a lengthy period of time.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 08:03 AM   #33 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: -_-_-_-_~__~-~_-`_`-~_-`-~-~
Posts: 1,276
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Do you notice the people that start threads like that? it's usually a new poster not someone that has been around Musicbanter for a lengthy period of time.
It doesn't matter who starts it, considering pretty much everybody (including those of high esteem here) posts in them about the intricacies of ConTRASTING opINioNs
clutnuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 08:06 AM   #34 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

actually it does matter who starts it because a regular from here pretty much knows about bridge albums that's why we have the send something another member wouldn't listen to thread. some of those albums sent to other members are bridge albums but other times they are just obscure out there albums to see if they would like it.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 08:13 AM   #35 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: -_-_-_-_~__~-~_-`_`-~_-`-~-~
Posts: 1,276
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
actually it does matter who starts it because a regular from here pretty much knows about bridge albums that's why we have the send something another member wouldn't listen to thread. some of those albums sent to other members are bridge albums but other times they are just obscure out there albums to see if they would like it.
http://www.musicbanter.com/general-m...-music-14.html

http://www.musicbanter.com/general-m...nt-fathom.html

Started by a regular. Filled with regulars. Both threads pertain to this idea that "People on the outside don't understand the intricacies of REAL music." yet provide next to no insight for said person aside from perhaps an insult, which never ever comes close to helping.

If people at all understood the concept of what a bridge album was meant to do, they would not waste their time posting in threads like this. The one instance I can understand is if they're listening to something and somebody happens to hear it by accident. But even then, where's the thread-provoking sentiment in that?
clutnuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:57 AM   #36 (permalink)
\/ GOD
 
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Nowhere...
Posts: 2,161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutnuckle View Post
http://www.musicbanter.com/general-m...-music-14.html

http://www.musicbanter.com/general-m...nt-fathom.html

Started by a regular. Filled with regulars. Both threads pertain to this idea that "People on the outside don't understand the intricacies of REAL music." yet provide next to no insight for said person aside from perhaps an insult, which never ever comes close to helping.

If people at all understood the concept of what a bridge album was meant to do, they would not waste their time posting in threads like this. The one instance I can understand is if they're listening to something and somebody happens to hear it by accident. But even then, where's the thread-provoking sentiment in that?
Nobody starts out a pessimist. I think we've all tried to get somebody in our lives outside of the realm of our tastes into music. It's really crushing when you realize how that just doesn't work.
__________________
Quote:
Terence Hill, as recently confirmed during an interview to an Italian TV talk-show, was offered the role but rejected it because he considered it "too violent". Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta declined the role for the same reason. When Al Pacino was considered for the role of John Rambo, he turned it down when his request that Rambo be more of a madman was rejected.
Al Pacino = God
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:19 AM   #37 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: -_-_-_-_~__~-~_-`_`-~_-`-~-~
Posts: 1,276
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaligojurah View Post
Nobody starts out a pessimist. I think we've all tried to get somebody in our lives outside of the realm of our tastes into music. It's really crushing when you realize how that just doesn't work.
I can understand that, but those threads really don't seem to offer much of the catharsis the person in question would be looking for. I suppose if all you're looking for is for somebody to agree with you on the ludicrous statements that others make, then it works out.
clutnuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:21 PM   #38 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 15
Default

Chillax, man.
StEvEn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:05 PM   #39 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Raust's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,409
Default

Doing something like that isn't necessarily narcissistic, but selfish. Wanting a person to like a song is one thing if it's friend or close family, but when you force an album on a person it may just give the wrong impression.
Raust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:59 AM   #40 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutnuckle View Post
I can understand that, but those threads really don't seem to offer much of the catharsis the person in question would be looking for. I suppose if all you're looking for is for somebody to agree with you on the ludicrous statements that others make, then it works out.
Misery loves company so they just want to share their experiences and hope that they aren't the only ones going through the same issues. People tend to do that when socializing. Look for common ground in crappy situations no matter how ludicrous you feel the statements are.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.