Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2011, 10:02 AM   #111 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey. View Post
what are you talking about?

there are some punks songs that are literally just shouting but that 30STM song isn't.

you know how hard it is to sing the way he does?

Rock Band gives a tiny little hint and it's really hard to sing the way that he does.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:13 AM   #112 (permalink)
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 3,653
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....

I can't hate any Priest songs. I'm biased.
Yep. I can imagine Rob Halford slapping everyone who said they don't like Priest with his pimp hand.
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:15 AM   #113 (permalink)
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 3,653
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
what are you talking about?

there are some punks songs that are literally just shouting but that 30STM song isn't.

you know how hard it is to sing the way he does?

Rock Band gives a tiny little hint and it's really hard to sing the way that he does.
I couldn't disagree more. His vocals are total garbage. They are one of the most pretentious bands on the planet. Right down to his black painted finger nails. With that being said they know their fanbase, and do a good job at promoting themselves.
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:43 PM   #114 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED HALE SR. View Post
I couldn't disagree more. His vocals are total garbage. They are one of the most pretentious bands on the planet. Right down to his black painted finger nails. With that being said they know their fanbase, and do a good job at promoting themselves.
yeah but do you feel his vocals are just shouting though?

have you heard the ranges that he sings to? Maybe I just suck at singing but I couldn't get that high and hold them for as long as he does.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:47 PM   #115 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Captain Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: in a boat with your girlfriend
Posts: 274
Default

wonderful tonight by clapton. ugh
Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:13 PM   #116 (permalink)
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 3,653
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
yeah but do you feel his vocals are just shouting though?

have you heard the ranges that he sings to? Maybe I just suck at singing but I couldn't get that high and hold them for as long as he does.
No I don't feel he just screams. He screams and sings equally as much. I've heard the radio friendly stuff they play in general, the names escape me, something about being king of the world and their original stuff had two singles on it, that were putrefying. I'm not gonna hold him to a high standard though.

They do what they do, pop/radio rock, and they do it to target a younger audience and they've done so to mainstream success. Personally I can sing better then Jared Leto, thats not saying much though.
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:15 PM   #117 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED HALE SR. View Post
No I don't feel he just screams. He screams and sings equally as much. I've heard the radio friendly stuff they play in general, the names escape me, something about being king of the world and their original stuff had two singles on it, that were putrefying. I'm not gonna hold him to a high standard though.

They do what they do, pop/radio rock, and they do it to target a younger audience and they've done so to mainstream success. Personally I can sing better then Jared Leto, thats not saying much though.
Ummm okay. I have nothing left to say on the matter then.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:18 PM   #118 (permalink)
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 3,653
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Ummm okay. I have nothing left to say on the matter then.
I got my bachelor of arts in vocal training. I have sang classical throughout college. Thats the only reason i say that.
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:51 PM   #119 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED HALE SR. View Post
I got my bachelor of arts in vocal training. I have sang classical throughout college. Thats the only reason i say that.
I didn't mean that as a slight against your singing abilities but more so as we have different opinions so I'm just going to end the conversation in a peaceful manner.

guess I should've said agree to disagree.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:56 PM   #120 (permalink)
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 3,653
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
I didn't mean that as a slight against your singing abilities but more so as we have different opinions so I'm just going to end the conversation in a peaceful manner.

guess I should've said agree to disagree.
Gotcha. I figured as much, but didn't want to come across as useless-ly bashing jared leto. He certainly has built an audience and they consistently pop out top 40 hits. I will agree to disagree, but certainly no offense taken or given I hope.
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.