Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2013, 01:26 AM   #371 (permalink)
quarantined
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 6,900
Default

SULK Graceless April 15th, 2013 (Their debut album on Perfect Sound Forever.)

I guess if you plug with me you know what to expect to hear.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" - ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” ? Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” – Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." - John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." — Keith Richards ? ???? ? ? ?????
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:42 AM   #372 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Deviouz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: With ur mama...
Posts: 299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
SULK Graceless April 15th, 2013 (Their debut album on Perfect Sound Forever.)

I guess if you plug with me you know what to expect to hear.
Is it a classical album? lol
Deviouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:25 AM   #373 (permalink)
quarantined
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 6,900
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviouz View Post
Is it a classical album? lol
lol I played Dave Edmunds covering Summertime, a George Gershwin song from Porgy and Bess, which Paul pointed out that what Edmunds used for the intro was an excerpt from Neptune the Mystic from The Planets, Op. 32 composed by Gustav Holst. So it's easy to see how we can go from Edmunds covering Gershwin via Billie Holiday, to Holst, to Bach and Handel.

... but to answer your question the album is classic shoegazing psychedelia Brit pop.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" - ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” ? Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” – Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." - John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." — Keith Richards ? ???? ? ? ?????
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:36 AM   #374 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Deviouz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: With ur mama...
Posts: 299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
lol I played Dave Edmunds covering Summertime, a George Gershwin song from Porgy and Bess, which Paul pointed out that what Edmunds used for the intro was an excerpt from Neptune the Mystic from The Planets, Op. 32 composed by Gustav Holst. So it's easy to see how we can go from Edmunds covering Gershwin via Billie Holiday, to Holst, to Bach and Handel.

... but to answer your question the album is classic shoegazing psychedelia Brit pop.
Ahh, yea, I remember that song Neptune the Mystic from The Planets, Op. 32... forgot about it amongst all the Faith No More, haha!

A "classic shoegazing psychedelia Brit pop?". Must check it out!
Deviouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:36 PM   #375 (permalink)
stay the |fvck| inside
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North of Antarctica
Posts: 33,176
Default

Body/Head - Coming Apart (September 10, US; September 16, UK)
For those who don't know this is Kim Gordon's side project with guitarist Bill Nace, and not too shabby if I say so myself.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:46 PM   #376 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Norg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,498
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanwllCorfe View Post
Ludovico Einaudi - In a Time Lapse (January 21st, 2013)
Yann Tiersen - The Lighthouse/Everything's Calm (January 21st, 2013)
Le1f - Fly Zone (January 29th, 2013)
Lowercase Noises - Blake (March 4th, 2013)
Ólafur Arnalds - For Now I Am Winter (April 2, 2013)
Charles Bradley - Victim of Love (April 2, 2013)
Houses - A Quiet Darkness (April 16, 2013)
Ghostpoet - Some Say I So I Say Light (May 6th, 2013)
Sam Amidon - Bright Sunny South (May 14th, 2013)
William Basinski ‎– Nocturnes (May 20th, 2013)
Mykki Blanco - Betty Rubble: The Initiation (May 21st, 2013)
CocoRosie - Tales of a Grass Widow (May 27th, 2013)
Mount Kimbie - Cold Spring Fault Less Youth (May 27th, 2013)
Jon Hopkins - Immunity (June 3rd, 2013)
Gold Panda - Half Of Where You Live (June 10th, 2013)
James Holden - The Inheritors (June 17th, 2013)
oOoOO - Without Your Love (June 24th, 2013)
Daughn Gibson - Me Moan (July 9th, 2013)
Julianna Barwick - Nepenthe (August 20th, 2013)
I got one of oOoOO albums its mad tribal
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:07 PM   #377 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Montgomery
Posts: 20
Default

what a detailed list of the released albums this year from the very first to the very last .. is there Pink Floyd in the chart or i have missed it ?
__________________
Youtube Downloader for Android
AnnaleeMercurio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 03:11 PM   #378 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1
Default

Blind Horses - Avail

Came out a few weeks ago, very impressed.
SoPreggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:39 AM   #379 (permalink)
~de geso
 
Chrysalis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 495
Default

Jesu - Every Day I Get Closer to the Light From Which I Came (September 23)
Drake - Nothing Was the Same (September 24)
Justin Timberlake - The 20/20 Experience: Volume 2 (September 30)
Oneohtrix Point Never - R Plus Seven (September 30)
Prefab Sprout - Crimson/Red (October 4)
Tim Hecker - Virgins (October 14)
The Dismemberment Plan - Uncanney Valley (October 15)
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:50 AM   #380 (permalink)
Cardboard Box Realtor
 
LoathsomePete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hobb's End
Posts: 7,630
Default

All added. Just found out about a new Tim Hecker album, super excited about it.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.