Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 07:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6
Default Dave Grohl playing with QOTSA?

Anyone knows or rumours about Dave playing with QOTSA?

(I'm very new to this forum thing so I don't really know what I'm doing or if I'm in the right place so I'm sorry about that)
Miss Black Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits
 
Exo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,073
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Black Dog View Post
Anyone knows or rumours about Dave playing with QOTSA?

(I'm very new to this forum thing so I don't really know what I'm doing or if I'm in the right place so I'm sorry about that)
This isn't news. Dave played drums on Songs for the Deaf and toured with them after. Joey Castillo left and they asked Dave to come back and he did. It's awesome I know but it isn't the first time he's played with them.
__________________
LastFM
My Film Blog That I don't Write in Anymore
jsmith7389 on Spotify
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
ants are at every zoo you ever been to bitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
elph

would you kiss the vagina of a woman who asked you to switch off half japanese?
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
( ̄ー ̄)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,258
Default

Didn't he only drum on "No One Knows", from Songs for the Deaf?

Also, don't forget that Grohl and Homme worked together on Them Crooked Vultures.
RVCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits
 
Exo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,073
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVCA View Post
Didn't he only drum on "No One Knows", from Songs for the Deaf?

Also, don't forget that Grohl and Homme worked together on Them Crooked Vultures.
It was the whole album.
__________________
LastFM
My Film Blog That I don't Write in Anymore
jsmith7389 on Spotify
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
ants are at every zoo you ever been to bitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
elph

would you kiss the vagina of a woman who asked you to switch off half japanese?
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoskeletal View Post
This isn't news. Dave played drums on Songs for the Deaf and toured with them after. Joey Castillo left and they asked Dave to come back and he did. It's awesome I know but it isn't the first time he's played with them.
Yeah I know he has played with them before but I meant if anyone knows if he is going on tour with them now
Miss Black Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits
 
Exo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,073
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Black Dog View Post
Yeah I know he has played with them before but I meant if anyone knows if he is going on tour with them now
He's an official member now so I would venture a guess that he would.
__________________
LastFM
My Film Blog That I don't Write in Anymore
jsmith7389 on Spotify
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
ants are at every zoo you ever been to bitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
elph

would you kiss the vagina of a woman who asked you to switch off half japanese?
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Out of Place
 
Black Francis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: in an abstract house
Posts: 4,004
Default

Like exo said, he drummed that whole album, i think their original drummer was hurt or something

but their original drummer is good



it needs more cowbell
Black Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
( ̄ー ̄)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,258
Default

Yeah, Castillo was a beast. One of the more energetic drummers I've seen live. But Grohl is a really cool guy all around, so I can't say I'm sad to see Joey go
RVCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Out of Place
 
Black Francis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: in an abstract house
Posts: 4,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVCA View Post
Yeah, Castillo was a beast. One of the more energetic drummers I've seen live. But Grohl is a really cool guy all around, so I can't say I'm sad to see Joey go
they officially replaced him with dave?
Black Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits
 
Exo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,073
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Francis View Post
they officially replaced him with dave?
It's official enough. Well, at least by wikipedia standards.
__________________
LastFM
My Film Blog That I don't Write in Anymore
jsmith7389 on Spotify
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
ants are at every zoo you ever been to bitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
elph

would you kiss the vagina of a woman who asked you to switch off half japanese?
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.