Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2013, 01:24 PM   #11 (permalink)
Blue Pill Oww
 
PoorOldPo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Luimneach, Eire
Posts: 1,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
Suckin all the fun right out of it.

Well, it aint rebellious and it was written by a Jewish dude but hey, it's the only tune I know sung with an Irish brogue.


The Irish Rovers - The Unicorn Song - YouTube
Those guys sound like they were on opium or something ^^


The Wolfe Tones - Come Out Ye Black And Tans - YouTube
PoorOldPo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Necromancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,622
Default

Not quite uplifting as some of the others. But one of my favorite.



Sgt. Mackenzie - lyrics - Joseph Kilna Mackenzie - YouTube
Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:53 PM   #13 (permalink)
Blue Pill Oww
 
PoorOldPo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Luimneach, Eire
Posts: 1,039
Default

And Now a song for America.


Song of the Irish Brigade (Confederate) - YouTube



The Wolfe Tones - Some Say The Devil Is Dead - YouTube

Last edited by PoorOldPo; 03-07-2013 at 02:00 PM.
PoorOldPo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:09 PM   #14 (permalink)
air quote
 
Engine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: pollen & mold
Posts: 3,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorOldPo View Post
*Waits for the inevitable American to come along & call you a racist for endorsing the Confederate Army in any way*



While I wait, I'll try to derail that type of response with a song about a brigade of Irish soldiers who fought for the Union army.

__________________
Like an arrow,
I was only passing through.
Engine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:12 PM   #15 (permalink)
Blue Pill Oww
 
PoorOldPo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Luimneach, Eire
Posts: 1,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine View Post
*Waits for the inevitable American to come along & call you a racist for endorsing the Confederate Army in any way*



While I wait, I'll try to derail that type of response with a song about a brigade of Irish soldiers who fought for the Union army.

Yeah! haha! I actually have read up a lot on the 69th on the Union side, I am very interested in the history of that war from an Irish perspective because I know a number of my relatives had to fight in it. The Confederate Brigade had one badass marching song though, ha. Kind of sad that people were forced to fight against their neighbours and cousins after leaving Ireland all depending on where they landed.


By the way I have never heard that song you posted before, gave me goosebumps!
PoorOldPo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:14 PM   #16 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Necromancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,622
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorOldPo View Post
And Now a song for America.
Well I'm offended by your selection Po.

I'm a Yankee of Scottish desent. Couldnt you had suggested Yankee Doodle Dandy or something by the Average White Band ?
Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:18 PM   #17 (permalink)
Blue Pill Oww
 
PoorOldPo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Luimneach, Eire
Posts: 1,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
Well I'm offended by your selection Po.

I'm a Yankee of Scottish desent. Couldnt you had suggested Yankee Doodle Dandy or something by the Average White Band ?
Don't worry, my cousins fought for the Union when they emigrated

Never heard of that! Educate me and share it!
PoorOldPo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:29 PM   #18 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Necromancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,622
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorOldPo View Post
Never heard of that! Educate me and share it!
The computer is your friend.
Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:31 PM   #19 (permalink)
air quote
 
Engine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: pollen & mold
Posts: 3,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorOldPo View Post
Yeah! haha! I actually have read up a lot on the 69th on the Union side, I am very interested in the history of that war from an Irish perspective because I know a number of my relatives had to fight in it. The Confederate Brigade had one badass marching song though, ha. Kind of sad that people were forced to fight against their neighbours and cousins after leaving Ireland all depending on where they landed.


By the way I have never heard that song you posted before, gave me goosebumps!
Yeah, my Scots-Irish ancestors also got caught up in every early American war. But, based on location, they all fought for the Union (aka the Good Guys) in the Civil War.
__________________
Like an arrow,
I was only passing through.
Engine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:04 PM   #20 (permalink)
I'm back, baby!
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In your face
Posts: 22,025
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorOldPo View Post
Ah, forgot that one! Love it: such a cool image --- the devil joining the IRA!
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.