Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2014, 01:09 PM   #41 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
Taking Dj from

to this might be damn near impossible..but I am gonna try...


I'm going to set this thread on fire and laugh as I watch it all burn down. This thread is futile.

What's with trying to change someone's taste anyways? They know what they like and don't like. Sure it's nice to be open minded and all but if they have certain specific reasons for not liking a genre. Nothing posted in this thread will change that.

There is no way that anyone could convince Trollheart to like hip hop for instance.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 01:12 PM   #42 (permalink)
Oracle
 
RoxyRollah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Closer then you think.....
Posts: 3,982
Default

Trollheart: Dont let them take you alive...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Roxy is unable to perpetrate violence. It always somehow turns into BDSM between two consenting adults.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I just want to say your tits are lovely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Roxy is the William S. Burroughs of our time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I like Roxy, she's awesome and her taste in music far exceeds yours. Roxy is in the Major League bro, and you're like a sad clown in a two bit rodeo.
RoxyRollah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 01:18 PM   #43 (permalink)
cooler commie than elph
 
Isbjørn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: In a hole, help
Posts: 2,633
Default

My taste has changed notably since I first joined. Back then I was all about Green Day, My Chemical Romance etc. Now I'm eagerly exploring the landscapes of indie and metal; I think I've become generally more interested in music. Anyway, I agree with DJ that forcibly changing someone's tastes isn't right. But if they want you to, go ahead.
Isbjørn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 02:22 PM   #44 (permalink)
I'm back, baby!
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In your face
Posts: 22,025
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
How do you feel about blues troll heart? I also suggest looking into al di meolas 'elegant gypsy'.
Love the blues! Have you never seen my section "Everybody gets the blues" in my journal?
What do you mean, you don't read my journal??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Down View Post
Big Band is a sub genre of Jazz.
Ah. I did not know that. See how clueless I am? Thanks for letting me know, BD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post


I'm going to set this thread on fire and laugh as I watch it all burn down. This thread is futile.

What's with trying to change someone's taste anyways? They know what they like and don't like. Sure it's nice to be open minded and all but if they have certain specific reasons for not liking a genre. Nothing posted in this thread will change that.
DJ starts yet another inflammatory post. Christ man, nobody's asking you to post. If you don't agree with a thread stay the eff out. There's little I hate more than someone saying "this thread is pointless" or variations on that theme. It obviously isn't, as the guys have all convinced me to try jazz, and I'm enjoying this. So leave us alone.
Quote:
There is no way that anyone could convince Trollheart to like hip hop for instance.
Nobody's stopping you trying. But it's unlikely at best. You might convince someone else though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
Trollheart: Dont let them take you alive...
You cannot kill what does not live!
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 03:46 PM   #45 (permalink)
stay the |fvck| inside
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North of Antarctica
Posts: 33,197
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Love the blues! Have you never seen my section "Everybody gets the blues" in my journal?
What do you mean, you don't read my journal??
I read it from time to time. Well, if you like the blues, I'm going to get you to like Captain Beefheart, then! Don't worry, I will not show you Trout Mask Replica (unless you're feeling brave or rather open minded in the future), but his more accessible work. I think you'll love Safe As Milk

__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 03:52 PM   #46 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post

DJ starts yet another inflammatory post. Christ man, nobody's asking you to post. If you don't agree with a thread stay the eff out. There's little I hate more than someone saying "this thread is pointless" or variations on that theme. It obviously isn't, as the guys have all convinced me to try jazz, and I'm enjoying this. So leave us alone.
I did stay out of this thread until I WAS mentioned. If Roxy never mentioned me, I wouldn't come anywhere near this thread!
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 04:12 PM   #47 (permalink)
Oracle
 
RoxyRollah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Closer then you think.....
Posts: 3,982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I read it from time to time. Well, if you like the blues, I'm going to get you to like Captain Beefheart, then! Don't worry, I will not show you Trout Mask Replica (unless you're feeling brave or rather open minded in the future), but his more accessible work. I think you'll love Safe As Milk

I need moreTrout Mask in my life...( said no one ever)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Roxy is unable to perpetrate violence. It always somehow turns into BDSM between two consenting adults.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I just want to say your tits are lovely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Roxy is the William S. Burroughs of our time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I like Roxy, she's awesome and her taste in music far exceeds yours. Roxy is in the Major League bro, and you're like a sad clown in a two bit rodeo.
RoxyRollah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 04:14 PM   #48 (permalink)
Oracle
 
RoxyRollah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Closer then you think.....
Posts: 3,982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
I did stay out of this thread until I WAS mentioned. If Roxy never mentioned me, I wouldn't come anywhere near this thread!
boys boys...Play nice or Im taking all the hip hop, jazz, and indie with me...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Roxy is unable to perpetrate violence. It always somehow turns into BDSM between two consenting adults.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I just want to say your tits are lovely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Roxy is the William S. Burroughs of our time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I like Roxy, she's awesome and her taste in music far exceeds yours. Roxy is in the Major League bro, and you're like a sad clown in a two bit rodeo.
RoxyRollah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 05:10 PM   #49 (permalink)
I'm back, baby!
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In your face
Posts: 22,025
Default

Pah! Your threats mean nothing to me!


Unless you're taking the biscuits too! You're not taking the biscuits, are you? Even the chocolate fingers????


I'll be good...
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 05:15 PM   #50 (permalink)
I'm back, baby!
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In your face
Posts: 22,025
Default

You forget, I have already experienced TMR and man was it not a nice experience!

I prefer the likes of these...






__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.