Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2014, 09:37 PM   #11 (permalink)
David Hasselhoff
 
Paul Smeenus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Back in Portland, OR
Posts: 3,192
Default Starting at 1:32

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Basically you're David Hasselhoff.
Gentle Giant Catalog Review

The entire Ditty Bops catalog reviewed
Paul Smeenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,041
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjinn View Post
You haven't heard others talk about how sexually dirty that song is?
Not really, no.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
The Aerosol in your Soul
 
Rjinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New South Wales, Australia
Posts: 1,513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Not really, no.
It gained a lot of popularity around here partly because fans liked what it was about. Otherwise, I wouldn't really understand why the song would be deemed so great. I don't know any other NiN songs for their lyrics though, but Closer did stand out...
__________________
last.fm
Rjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:57 PM   #14 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,041
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjinn View Post
It gained a lot of popularity around here partly because fans liked what it was about. Otherwise, I wouldn't really understand why the song would be deemed so great. I don't know any other NiN songs for their lyrics though, but Closer did stand out...
Yeah, it was popular here when it came out too, mainly because high school kids like yelling swears and that was less common on the radio back then. I was just disappointed because the same kids who made fun of me for listening to NIN a few years before suddenly loved them.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 05:23 AM   #15 (permalink)
Melancholia Eternally
 
Mojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: England
Posts: 4,924
Default

Queen, but I don't consider that hatred to be irrational. I don't like Freddie Mercurys voice, although I recognise he could be considered a good performer and frontman. I don't like the sound or the tone of Mays guitar although I recognise he is technically a talented guitarist, and I don't enjoy the songwriting. I find a lot of their work to be self-indulgent, overly dramatic and flamboyant rubbish and I don't find any of that irrational. It's personal preference, and literally every little thing that goes into making Queens sound what it is is like nails on a chalkboard for me.

Rush is probably more irrational, and I recognise that while I have given them a chance, as I have Queen, I could yet try harder with Rush. But all I've been able to think to this point is technically proficient, technically talented, technically tight band but who make music that I absolutely cannot relate to or appreciate on any other level whatsoever, leaving me bored to absolute tears.
__________________

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:51 AM   #16 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
crazed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
Radiohead. I'll be honest and say that I have found a tiny bit of enjoyment out of one or two songs, but the hatred seemed to grow as everybody was telling me that I was wrong and should give them another chance. Trust me, I gave them enough chances. I'm sure they are great to some, but my ever growing hate mostly stems from the praise they receive. And how people say Thom Yorke is "duh best vocalist evar!!".
Completely agree with you though I may enjoy a few more of their songs. I certainty don't get the (what seems like) fanatical praise that's been thrown at them. I know people who act as if Radiohead are totally original and have not being influenced by artists past or contemporary. I've given their music more chances than I cared to in trying to discover what it is about them that attracts their following. They're not bad but I've yet to hear anything special that should warrant my spending more time with their recordings.
crazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 12:29 PM   #17 (permalink)
Oracle
 
RoxyRollah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Closer then you think.....
Posts: 3,982
Default

I hate, Pearl Jam... honestly I would rather be beaten to death with a bag of wet cats then listen to any of their albums... (BUT I HAVE BEEN KNOW TO SING TO ANY OF THEIR TUNES IF THE CLASSIC ROCK STATION IS ON....) (ahhmm cough)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Roxy is unable to perpetrate violence. It always somehow turns into BDSM between two consenting adults.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I just want to say your tits are lovely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Roxy is the William S. Burroughs of our time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I like Roxy, she's awesome and her taste in music far exceeds yours. Roxy is in the Major League bro, and you're like a sad clown in a two bit rodeo.
RoxyRollah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:36 AM   #18 (permalink)
David Hasselhoff
 
Paul Smeenus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Back in Portland, OR
Posts: 3,192
Default

^ poor little kitties
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Basically you're David Hasselhoff.
Gentle Giant Catalog Review

The entire Ditty Bops catalog reviewed
Paul Smeenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:39 AM   #19 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazed View Post
Completely agree with you though I may enjoy a few more of their songs. I certainty don't get the (what seems like) fanatical praise that's been thrown at them. I know people who act as if Radiohead are totally original and have not being influenced by artists past or contemporary. I've given their music more chances than I cared to in trying to discover what it is about them that attracts their following. They're not bad but I've yet to hear anything special that should warrant my spending more time with their recordings.
I feel the same way and the more fanatical their fans are about them the more it turns me off.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:47 AM   #20 (permalink)
Acattin Sane
 
Fluff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Black Country
Posts: 8,620
Default

Oasis for me. Couple of decent singles, that's about it. Mostly just cos Liam is a prick.
__________________


"Be a good teammate."
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.