Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2014, 08:03 PM   #71 (permalink)
Oracle
 
RoxyRollah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Closer then you think.....
Posts: 3,982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATCHMO View Post
Just as a vocalist. As a lyricist I think he's a genius, but listening to him sing bores me to tears.
It's the nasally twang that gets you aint it?

Cause what do Stevie Nicks, and Choen have in common? That nasally Dylanesque sound and it gets kinda tiresome after awhile...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Roxy is unable to perpetrate violence. It always somehow turns into BDSM between two consenting adults.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I just want to say your tits are lovely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Roxy is the William S. Burroughs of our time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I like Roxy, she's awesome and her taste in music far exceeds yours. Roxy is in the Major League bro, and you're like a sad clown in a two bit rodeo.
RoxyRollah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:49 PM   #72 (permalink)
Al Dente
 
SATCHMO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,689
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
It's the nasally twang that gets you aint it?

Cause what do Stevie Nicks, and Choen have in common? That nasally Dylanesque sound and it gets kinda tiresome after awhile...
It's not particularly his voice I just find listening to him to be a very dull experience.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord
And if you're getting bored then feel free to go give Eddie Vedder a handjob.
SATCHMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:28 PM   #73 (permalink)
quarantined
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 6,902
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
It's the nasally twang that gets you aint it?

Cause what do Stevie Nicks, and Choen have in common? That nasally Dylanesque sound and it gets kinda tiresome after awhile...
I never thought Stevie Nicks as that nasally. I thought she had a very good singing voice, especially circa Rumors days it was soft and sweet sounding . I heard a singer should sing slightly nasally, in between full nasal and non-nasal. Dylan singing style comes from how folk singer like Roscoe Holcomb sang.

I never got into Cohen, I don't hate him, hearing the few things I did wasn't enough for me to want to hear more. Nick Cave is another I can't get into. Even though they are critically acclaim by some members here, I never heard anything from them to pique my curiosity.

I like Don Van Vliet, but don't like Nick Cave. I like Roscoe Holcomb but not Cohen. I don't know why.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" - ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” ? Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” – Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." - John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." — Keith Richards ? ???? ? ? ?????
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:48 AM   #74 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
totosama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Toulouse / Yokkaichi
Posts: 78
Default

Underrated - Yellow Magic Orchestra
totosama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:13 AM   #75 (permalink)
Oracle
 
RoxyRollah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Closer then you think.....
Posts: 3,982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I never thought Stevie Nicks as that nasally. I thought she had a very good singing voice, especially circa Rumors days it was soft and sweet sounding . I heard a singer should sing slightly nasally, in between full nasal and non-nasal. Dylan singing style comes from how folk singer like Roscoe Holcomb sang.

I never got into Cohen, I don't hate him, hearing the few things I did wasn't enough for me to want to hear more. Nick Cave is another I can't get into. Even though they are critically acclaim by some members here, I never heard anything from them to pique my curiosity.

I like Don Van Vliet, but don't like Nick Cave. I like Roscoe Holcomb but not Cohen. I don't know why.
Me either love bug...Satch and I have gone ten rounds on the musical awesomeness that is Stevie Nicks .... I was wondering if that was his INSANELY UNFOUNDED REASON FOR DISLIKING HER (SHE IS STILL A LIVING LEGEND HOMIE)

Give Choen more of a chance... really he is one of my favorite lyricists....
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Roxy is unable to perpetrate violence. It always somehow turns into BDSM between two consenting adults.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I just want to say your tits are lovely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Roxy is the William S. Burroughs of our time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I like Roxy, she's awesome and her taste in music far exceeds yours. Roxy is in the Major League bro, and you're like a sad clown in a two bit rodeo.
RoxyRollah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:20 AM   #76 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 19
Default

Coldplay. I can't stand them and it's not rational. I think almost every song they do is ok, not my cup of tea but not god awful. Yet every time I hear average song after average song it just grates until average becomes painful I just want to slap Chris Martin in the face.

You know what made me hate them all the more? Everybody kept going on about the abstract meaning of the word Yellow in the song Yellow. All these imitation intellectuals telling me how it's like feeling blue, it's supposed to be subjective so everybody can interpret how they like.

I then find out that he simply picked the name Yellow because he couldn't think of anything and when he wasn't able to think it just so happened he was looking at the Yellow Pages a yellow telephone directory.

Hate them.
Darrenaj9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:31 AM   #77 (permalink)
Oracle
 
RoxyRollah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Closer then you think.....
Posts: 3,982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrenaj9 View Post
Coldplay. I can't stand them and it's not rational. I think almost every song they do is ok, not my cup of tea but not god awful. Yet every time I hear average song after average song it just grates until average becomes painful I just want to slap Chris Martin in the face.

You know what made me hate them all the more? Everybody kept going on about the abstract meaning of the word Yellow in the song Yellow. All these imitation intellectuals telling me how it's like feeling blue, it's supposed to be subjective so everybody can interpret how they like.

I then find out that he simply picked the name Yellow because he couldn't think of anything and when he wasn't able to think it just so happened he was looking at the Yellow Pages a yellow telephone directory.

Hate them.
It's Rational... I would rather be tared and feathered... seriously....Im not kidding
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Roxy is unable to perpetrate violence. It always somehow turns into BDSM between two consenting adults.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I just want to say your tits are lovely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Roxy is the William S. Burroughs of our time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I like Roxy, she's awesome and her taste in music far exceeds yours. Roxy is in the Major League bro, and you're like a sad clown in a two bit rodeo.
RoxyRollah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:38 AM   #78 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
It's Rational... I would rather be tared and feathered... seriously....Im not kidding
I've just seen another thread too and I realised I hate Bruno Mars. He writes crap songs for women and dresses up the fact he thinks being lazy, wanting to be rich and pretending to be sensitive to get sex is the basis for 99% of his writing material.

It's like he's took a commercial gun, looking at the most stupid and easily influenced fans in music and just blown shot after shot of utter garbage and they've took every hit and loved it.

The quicker the Bruno Mars love in ends the better I find a Mars bar a better social commentary than Bruno and I bet an inanimate chocolate bar could up with lyrics only slightly dumber too.
Darrenaj9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:41 AM   #79 (permalink)
Oracle
 
RoxyRollah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Closer then you think.....
Posts: 3,982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrenaj9 View Post
I've just seen another thread too and I realised I hate Bruno Mars. He writes crap songs for women and dresses up the fact he thinks being lazy, wanting to be rich and pretending to be sensitive to get sex is the basis for 99% of his writing material.

It's like he's took a commercial gun, looking at the most stupid and easily influenced fans in music and just blown shot after shot of utter garbage and they've took every hit and loved it.

The quicker the Bruno Mars love in ends the better I find a Mars bar a better social commentary than Bruno and I bet an inanimate chocolate bar could up with lyrics only slightly dumber too.
Here is my irrational hatred of the the word seen used in a sentence improperly....YOU DIDN'T SEEN **** YOU SAW IT.... AND GIMMIE GOT SHOT BY A NIGGA NAMED PLEASE.... sorry I feel better now...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Roxy is unable to perpetrate violence. It always somehow turns into BDSM between two consenting adults.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I just want to say your tits are lovely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Roxy is the William S. Burroughs of our time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I like Roxy, she's awesome and her taste in music far exceeds yours. Roxy is in the Major League bro, and you're like a sad clown in a two bit rodeo.
RoxyRollah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:50 AM   #80 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
Here is my irrational hatred of the the word seen in a used in a sentence improperly....YOU DIDN'T SEEN **** YOU SAW IT.... AND GIMMIE GOT SHOT BY A NIGGA NAMED PLEASE.... sorry I feel better now...
Well that's a matter for debate. Everybody knows that language is not something static in that it evolves over time and many of the things you complain about in the use of a word in a sentence incorrectly actually shaped our language as it stands today.

For instance the word 'The' isn't a word historically. Ye was the word and it was pronounced similar to the word we would use today.

However a simply typography problem saw for signs the letter 'Y' replaced with a 'Th' and whilst grammatically incorrect gave birth to the word you and I use so freely today and you give little thought for the fact it was born out of grammatical error.

So there's no real place for historical significance or etiquette when becoming involved in conversations because language is simply a fluid form of communication the evolves over time and one you are certainly not in control of.

God it feels good to put down the self righteous so eloquently. In case your wondering that was the UK version of verbal sparring on par with LL Cool J's Mama Said Knock You Out!
Darrenaj9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.