Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2014, 11:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 17
Default Upcoming Album Websites

Hi, I'm looking for good resources where you can keep track of which of your favorite artists is releasing content in the near future. What is the best?
Genghis_Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Cardboard Box Realtor
 
LoathsomePete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hobb's End
Posts: 7,630
Default

Facebook and Twitter are probably the best way to keep track of individual artists and release dates.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 17
Default

Anything a little more private? I can't stand those websites for various reasons.
Genghis_Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
Stardate 3012.4
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 6,773
Default

You have to read through it to see if anyone you like is releasing an album this year. I have no idea who your favorite artists are.

List of 2014 albums - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" - ʕººʔ
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” ― Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” – Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." - John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." — Keith Richards ☮ 💖 ♫ ∞ ἰχθύς
Neapolitan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 17
Default

I've used Wikipedia for upcoming releases before. I can't find it reliable since 50% of what I listen to which released an album in 2013 weren't mentioned. And a few of those weren't even obscure artists, they're mildly successful.

I'll think about Facebook. I'll probably just make a bogus name.
Genghis_Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
Just Keep Swimming...
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: See signature...
Posts: 5,197
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
You have to read through it to see if anyone you like is releasing an album this year. I have no idea who your favorite artists are.

List of 2014 albums - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Wow, Crystal Method is releasing one tomorrow?! I just DL'ed Vegas... like an hour ago, and had no idea.
__________________
See location...
Plankton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
Stardate 3012.4
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 6,773
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
Wow, Crystal Method is releasing one tomorrow?! I just DL'ed Vegas... like an hour ago, and had no idea.
lol Crystal Method released an album this time last month. Beck is the one releasing an album tomorrow.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" - ʕººʔ
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” ― Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” – Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." - John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." — Keith Richards ☮ 💖 ♫ ∞ ἰχθύς
Neapolitan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Just Keep Swimming...
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: See signature...
Posts: 5,197
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
lol Crystal Method released an album this time last month. Beck is the one releasing an album tomorrow.
Duh... oh yeah... it's like February man.


I feel dumb.
__________________
See location...
Plankton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 03:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
crazed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 548
Default

One of the best sites was New Music Tipsheet but the fellow who ran it gave up on it last summer, sad to say.

I also check http://www.pauseandplay.com (the New Releases tab half-way down the page) though it's more geared towards the mainstream and seldom delves deeper.

All Music on Mondays has a list of releases for that week but it too just skims the surface.
crazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.