Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2014, 09:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5
Default Prominent Music

Hello, am looking for track's that could be described as "Prominent". Do you know any?
Michallibra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
Dragon
 
Wpnfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Kansas, United States
Posts: 2,637
Default

You talking about mainstream songs?
Wpnfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Just Keep Swimming...
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: See signature...
Posts: 5,486
Default

This:

__________________
See location...
Plankton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5
Default

Wpn, can you give an example of mainstream song?

How do you think, what are prominent people listening to... like president's, russian oligarch's, milioner's...
Michallibra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
GravitySlips's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,578
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michallibra View Post
Hello, am looking for track's that could be described as "Prominent". Do you know any?
I've never once listened to a song and thought - "you know, this sounds prominent".

Prominent people? Well, Obama likes Kanye West, right?

David Cameron's favourite album is apparently Dark Side of the Moon, perhaps a remnant from his Eton stoner days, the old Tory fox.

I know of one millionaire whose record label released Flowers of Romance by Public Image Ltd, thus will extrapolate that millionaires in general have a zest for avant-garde music rooted in punk.

Russian Oligarchs - they do not listen to music, they simply make money.
GravitySlips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
The Sexual Intellectual
 
Urban Hat€monger ?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere cooler than you
Posts: 18,447
Default

They love the sounds of bombs going off & children screaming
That's their music.
__________________



Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:25 AM   #7 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,041
Default

They listen to classical music as they roll around in piles of money. Fact.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Fiddling Rothschild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravitySlips View Post
I've never once listened to a song and thought - "you know, this sounds prominent".

Prominent people? Well, Obama likes Kanye West, right?

David Cameron's favourite album is apparently Dark Side of the Moon, perhaps a remnant from his Eton stoner days, the old Tory fox.

I know of one millionaire whose record label released Flowers of Romance by Public Image Ltd, thus will extrapolate that millionaires in general have a zest for avant-garde music rooted in punk.

Russian Oligarchs - they do not listen to music, they simply make money.
Hah, amusing. Lets see...Oliver Cromwell liked the lure of his organ, Lord Byron was bewitched by the lyre of the Greeks and Karl Marx emphasized the labour intensive aspect of composing involved in Beethoven and Mozart as opposed to mere listen and consume. So if the OP is in need of heretic inclinations against these riffraffs, opportunities for emulation are to be found.
Fiddling Rothschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 12:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
I'm back, baby!
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In your face
Posts: 22,025
Default

Get a hold of "Ipod One": that'll tell you all you need to know.

Honestly, why would you want to know such a thing? How is it going to benefit you to know what the movers and shakers of the world are listening to??
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 12:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
GravitySlips's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,578
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Honestly, why would you want to know such a thing? How is it going to benefit you to know what the movers and shakers of the world are listening to??
Emulation of great people is the first step to becoming great yourself. This encompasses everything from voice tonality to taste in music.
GravitySlips is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.