Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2014, 12:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 152
Default IF You Could Be Any Rock Star

I'd have to say Radiohead's Thom Yorke. That would be such an interesting project. They are in demand, so the band members have money. Just doing what you want would be a great thing, which they're able to do, which many bands can't
Stonedtone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 01:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Out of Place
 
Black Francis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: in an abstract house
Posts: 4,004
Default

Frank Black ofc

even though he is not in the limelight he consistently keeps putting out new cds with good music.
And if not making cds he is out on the streets playing his music with a guitar to whoever is willing to hear.



I don't think he wants to be a famous rockstar he just wants to make songs and be a musician and live off that, and that is exactly what i want.
__________________
"Hey Kids you got to meet the MIGHTY PIXIES!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbRbCtIgW3A
Black Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 01:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 387
Default

This is hard! Do I pick Bob Mould or Johnny Marr for their guitar skills? Should I choose frontmen with lyrical chops like Mike Patton, Frank Black, or David Byrne? Artists who kick ass all around like Lou Reed or Prince? Maybe I should stay loyal to my gender and go with Exene Cervenka, Kim Deal, Kristen Hersh or Kathleen Hanna. Or maybe I should just calm down and stop geeking out all around lol.
hate paper doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 01:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Francis View Post
Frank Black ofc

even though he is not in the limelight he consistently keeps putting out new cds with good music.
And if not making cds he is out on the streets playing his music with a guitar to whoever is willing to hear.



I don't think he wants to be a famous rockstar he just wants to make songs and be a musician and live off that, and that is exactly what i want.
LOL. What a surprise
Stonedtone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 02:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Out of Place
 
Black Francis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: in an abstract house
Posts: 4,004
Default

Ikr? shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hate paper doll View Post
This is hard! Do I pick Bob Mould or Johnny Marr for their guitar skills? Should I choose frontmen with lyrical chops like Mike Patton, Frank Black, or David Byrne? Artists who kick ass all around like Lou Reed or Prince? Maybe I should stay loyal to my gender and go with Exene Cervenka, Kim Deal, Kristen Hersh or Kathleen Hanna. Or maybe I should just calm down and stop geeking out all around lol.
Pick young Kim deal! god she was cute and charismatic.
__________________
"Hey Kids you got to meet the MIGHTY PIXIES!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbRbCtIgW3A
Black Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 02:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 387
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Francis View Post
Pick young Kim deal! god she was cute and charismatic.
Didn't Kurt Cobain once say that one of the hottest things he ever saw a woman do was the time he watched Kim Deal rub a piece of ham between her hands, then run her hands through her hair? I swear to dog I heard that somewhere.
hate paper doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 02:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Out of Place
 
Black Francis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: in an abstract house
Posts: 4,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hate paper doll View Post
Didn't Kurt Cobain once say that one of the hottest things he ever saw a woman do was the time he watched Kim Deal rub a piece of ham between her hands, then run her hands through her hair? I swear to dog I heard that somewhere.
lol im not familiar with that quote but that does sound like something he would say.
__________________
"Hey Kids you got to meet the MIGHTY PIXIES!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbRbCtIgW3A
Black Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 02:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
cooler commie than elph
 
Isbjørn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: In a hole, help
Posts: 2,633
Default

Chris Martin







Hmm, maybe Dio. Dude was a metal god.
Isbjørn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 03:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Two Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 331
Default

Marilyn Manson. I love pushing boundaries as well as subversive music and fashion, so he's the easiest one for me to identify with.
Two Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 04:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
stay the |fvck| inside
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North of Antarctica
Posts: 33,165
Default

Wild Man Fischer.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.