Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2014, 08:59 AM   #11 (permalink)
silky smooth
 
YorkeDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pangaea
Posts: 3,674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
Create an account at reverbnation, put your music up, and setup a 'Donations' link. That way if you don't absolutely suck, people may or may not throw money at you.

Or go the Simon route as mentioned. Decisions, decisions...
This, or use bandcamp and have people "name their price" and a lot of the time people will shell out a couple bucks.

I've never bothered though because I don't even want their money for my music, but still...it works
__________________
http://cloudcover1.bandcamp.com/
http://daydreamsociety.bandcamp.com/

Think about how life sucks -> Vent about it on MusicBanter -> Make no progress towards improving life because limited free time is wasted on MusicBanter -> Think about how life sucks
YorkeDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:32 AM   #12 (permalink)
Mmmbop, da ba duba
 
Tristesse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: the basement
Posts: 332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
a lot of the time people will shell out a couple bucks.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
And I actually am taking out a restraining order for you Batlord.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Another one for the collection.
Tristesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
silky smooth
 
YorkeDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pangaea
Posts: 3,674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristesse View Post
statistics are hard:

"...fans pay more than the minimum a whopping 40% of the time, driving up the average price paid by nearly 50% (in fact, every day, we see überfans paying $50, $100, $200 for albums priced far lower)."

https://bandcamp.com/help/selling#pricing_performance
__________________
http://cloudcover1.bandcamp.com/
http://daydreamsociety.bandcamp.com/

Think about how life sucks -> Vent about it on MusicBanter -> Make no progress towards improving life because limited free time is wasted on MusicBanter -> Think about how life sucks
YorkeDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
I'm back, baby!
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In your face
Posts: 22,025
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
statistics are hard:

"...fans pay more than the minimum a whopping 40% of the time, driving up the average price paid by nearly 50% (in fact, every day, we see überfans paying $50, $100, $200 for albums priced far lower)."

https://bandcamp.com/help/selling#pricing_performance
Surely that's just stupid? No matter how hardcore a fan you are, are you really gonna pay more than you have to? Specially if you're not getting anything extra for it? Can't imagine that.
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
Just Keep Swimming...
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: See signature...
Posts: 5,472
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Surely that's just stupid? No matter how hardcore a fan you are, are you really gonna pay more than you have to? Specially if you're not getting anything extra for it? Can't imagine that.
People with more money than what they know to do with. Most likely trying to gain some favor in the eyes of the artist. I know if someone paid me $200 for one of mine, I'd definitely give them some attention.
__________________
See location...
Plankton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:31 PM   #16 (permalink)
silky smooth
 
YorkeDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pangaea
Posts: 3,674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Surely that's just stupid? No matter how hardcore a fan you are, are you really gonna pay more than you have to? Specially if you're not getting anything extra for it? Can't imagine that.
If you're even on Bandcamp, chances are you're not a particularly well-known musical artist, and most people trying to make it big in the music industry have no money whatsoever (I know I sure don't), so a lot of people that pay extra are just trying to show their appreciation and help out the artist.
__________________
http://cloudcover1.bandcamp.com/
http://daydreamsociety.bandcamp.com/

Think about how life sucks -> Vent about it on MusicBanter -> Make no progress towards improving life because limited free time is wasted on MusicBanter -> Think about how life sucks
YorkeDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:33 PM   #17 (permalink)
Just Keep Swimming...
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: See signature...
Posts: 5,472
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
If you're even on Bandcamp, chances are you're not a particularly well-known musical artist, and most people trying to make it big in the music industry have no money whatsoever (I know I sure don't), so a lot of people that pay extra are just trying to show their appreciation and help out the artist.
...and this.
__________________
See location...
Plankton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 05:09 PM   #18 (permalink)
I'm back, baby!
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In your face
Posts: 22,025
Default

I don't know how to tell you this guys, seeing as you're both (exceptionally talented) musicians, but I won't be paying either of you 200 dollars for your albums....
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:18 AM   #19 (permalink)
Just Keep Swimming...
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: See signature...
Posts: 5,472
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I don't know how to tell you this guys, seeing as you're both (exceptionally talented) musicians, but I won't be paying either of you 200 dollars for your albums....
My dream. It has been crushed. thx



WTF happened to York anyway?
__________________
See location...
Plankton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:48 PM   #20 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Necromancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,622
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
WTF happened to York anyway?
He must of got bored and got hisself banned. Maybe it's only for a month or so and he'll be back.
Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.