Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Indie & Alternative
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2006, 03:44 PM   #21 (permalink)
The Sexual Intellectual
 
Urban Hat€monger ?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere cooler than you
Posts: 18,447
Default

What is it about people kissing the Liars asses

They`re bloody awful
__________________



Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 07:58 PM   #22 (permalink)
Dancing Machine
 
Expletive Deleted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlwind Disaster View Post
For some reason the rapture were percieved as the poster boys of the dance punk explosion in the early 00's when in reality their quite poor. Bands sich as Liars, !!!, out hud, radio 4 and moving units are all a lot better. One song escalated then to the pantheon of the industry supported by a mediocre at best album. Now they release more tosh. Im hoping they'll finally fizzle away soon.
Out Hud are the only band out of that bunch that I would say are even close to better than the Rapture. They were the poster boys of Dance Punk because they were the first to gain prominence for playing it with the release of "House of Jealous Lovers" and DFA's supprt. Echoes was good, and so is Pieces of the People We Love.
Expletive Deleted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 07:14 AM   #23 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Whirlwind Disaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: LahnDahn
Posts: 56
Default

Firstly, Liars in my opinion are the most exciting, diverse and musically competent of the bunch, what are you going on about everyone kissing their arses?? If anything everybody seems keen to jump on the rapture bandwagon - which baffles me considering the only good song they've come up with is House of Jealous Lovers. Two average at best albums. I just think their over-hyped. Something Liars are not. Though i concede the second album was a stinker. Hot Chip, CSS, you say party! we say die! and controller. controller are further bands that piss all over the rapture .
__________________
I just go buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Whirlwind Disaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 11:11 AM   #24 (permalink)
The Sexual Intellectual
 
Urban Hat€monger ?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere cooler than you
Posts: 18,447
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlwind Disaster View Post
Firstly, Liars in my opinion are the most exciting, diverse and musically competent of the bunch, what are you going on about everyone kissing their arses?? If anything everybody seems keen to jump on the rapture bandwagon - which baffles me considering the only good song they've come up with is House of Jealous Lovers. Two average at best albums. I just think their over-hyped. Something Liars are not. Though i concede the second album was a stinker. Hot Chip, CSS, you say party! we say die! and controller. controller are further bands that piss all over the rapture .
For this exact reason.
Say you think the Liars are rubbish and you get the whole 'exciting , diverse , musically competent spiel'.
Nobody kissing their asses? Try just about every indie/review site on the net.

I`ve heard 2 of their albums , every listen results in the same thing, me turning off because it turns into annoying grating noise after a while.
__________________



Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 03:37 PM   #25 (permalink)
Dancing Machine
 
Expletive Deleted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlwind Disaster View Post
Hot Chip, CSS, you say party! we say die! and controller. controller are further bands that piss all over the rapture .
None of them are all that similar, except that they all make pretty dance-y music. Hot Chip are better, I'd say CSS are on about the same level (although they did get annoying after a while, and the Rapture didn't) and YSP! WSD! and Controller are both awful in comparison. Actually, YSP! WSD! are just awful period.
Expletive Deleted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 03:58 PM   #26 (permalink)
The Childcatcher
 
_Spinning_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 820
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
YSP! WSD! are just awful period.
Quoted for truth.

Rapture>>>The Liars. E.Z.
_Spinning_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 04:40 PM   #27 (permalink)
Bancount: 3 ^_______^
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 911
Default

It's Liars, fool.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by monarc View Post
i will support the evil path of metal
www.myspace.com/arqon
www.myspace.com/xlaststrawx
enemyat_thesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 05:37 PM   #28 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Whirlwind Disaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: LahnDahn
Posts: 56
Default

Urban Hatemonger, funnily enough i dont pay attention to internet indie reviews, i find the internet quite terrible for reviews. i love them because i do. And i think the rapture are **** because i do. WSP! YSD! are so much better than the rapture but it all boils down to opinion in the end, although at least we agree Hot Chip are good.
__________________
I just go buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Whirlwind Disaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 05:37 PM   #29 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Whirlwind Disaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: LahnDahn
Posts: 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Spinning_ View Post
Quoted for truth.

Rapture>>>The Liars. E.Z.
at least get the name right before slating a band. and just say easy. its only two letters more.
__________________
I just go buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Whirlwind Disaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.