Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Indie & Alternative
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2006, 05:30 PM   #21 (permalink)
w0rd
 
Blain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Suva, Fiji
Posts: 1,034
Default

I'm yet to listen to that album for the albums thing, but Laith loves this guy. So I ussually like alot of his taste so lets just wait and see
Blain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 05:46 PM   #22 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
bungalow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hot-lanta
Posts: 3,140
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill
I could care less about Kurt Cobain, the fact is it was declared inconclusive. Lighten up seriously.

You're full of contradictions, you say all either/or is a good album. Then say all his albums suck. (as pointed out by moonlit). You also say, after he left Kill Rock Stars his music sucked, yet he didn't just release either/or on kill rock stars he also released self titled. Another contradiction. And I wasn't aware either/or was his back catalogue, brand new news to me.

EDIT: Nice, edit your post after I post mine in hopes to make me look dumb. Genius move and I didn't include Roman Candle because it was released on Cavity Search.
Firstly, my edit wasn't after yours, and if it was it was by a split second seeing as I never saw your post before my edit. Secondly, check your facts, for your sake, before you say dumb things. Either/or was on Kill Rock Stars, in fact it was his final album on that label.

His death was ruled a suicide, so if you an a couple other conspirators wanna say it was 'inconclusive' then go for it. I'll stick to believing the people who examined evidence, and who are trained to make those kind of desicions.
bungalow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 05:49 PM   #23 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungalowbill357
Firstly, my edit wasn't after yours, and if it was it was by a split second seeing as I never saw your post before my edit. Secondly, check your facts, for your sake, before you say dumb things. Either/or was on Kill Rock Stars, in fact it was his final album on that label.

His death was ruled a suicide, so if you an a couple other conspirators wanna say it was 'inconclusive' then go for it. I'll stick to believing the people who examined evidence, and who are trained to make those kind of desicions.
No it wasnt, do your research it was declared inconclusive as of 06.

And I never said either/or wasn't released on kill rock stars. "he didn't just release either/or on kill rock stars he also released self titled."

Learn to read n00b.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 05:51 PM   #24 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
bungalow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hot-lanta
Posts: 3,140
Default

I am aware of what albums he released on Kill Rock Stars, and of them, Either/or is the only one worth buying.
He sucks, you can go listen to your singer songwriter sh*t and suck Bright Eyes and Elliott Smith's balls all you want. Doesn't change the fact that 90% of their output is garbage.
bungalow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 05:52 PM   #25 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungalowbill357
I am aware of what albums he released on Kill Rock Stars, and of them, Either/or is the only one worth buying.
He sucks, you can go listen to your singer songwriter sh*t and suck Bright Eyes and Elliott Smith's balls all you want. Doesn't change the fact that 90% of their output is garbage.
lol, temper temper mr facts. You should go to teh doctor for last word syndrome fo real.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 05:54 PM   #26 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
bungalow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hot-lanta
Posts: 3,140
Default

Quote:
You should go to teh doctor for last word syndrome fo real.
Talk about contradiction.

It's natural for scene kids to d*ck ride their favorite musicians and not give it up.
bungalow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 05:59 PM   #27 (permalink)
butt say x
 
mosesandtherubberducky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: so i read the question as "Where YOU live" which was kinda funny instead of "Where you live"
Posts: 1,649
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungalowbill357
Talk about contradiction.

It's natural for scene kids to d*ck ride their favorite musicians and not give it up.

I'd like to point out to you Alex that you love love loved Bright Eyes for the longest time. I don't know if you do now but now you're saying he's bad. quit being a contradictory elitist
__________________
Can I have a youtube video for a sig? There's a thing that says "Wrap [YOUTUBE] tags around selected text"
mosesandtherubberducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 06:01 PM   #28 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
bungalow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hot-lanta
Posts: 3,140
Default

I do like Bright Eyes, once again, about 2 albums.
bungalow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 06:02 PM   #29 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

And seeing as this is no longer an elliott smith disucussion in anyway, the arguement is over.

Back to his music,

hxxp://www.sendspace.com/file/bg7l8a - XO

hxxp://www.sendspace.com/file/zm1t93 - From A Basement On The Hill

hxxp://www.sendspace.com/file/6jvsoa - either/or

If I find anymore links i'll post them.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 06:31 PM   #30 (permalink)
Dancing Machine
 
Expletive Deleted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,108
Default

I have no idea why Ethan seems to think that Alex steals his opinions from me or whatever, since other than both liking Screamo and a few popular Indie bands, our tastes are pretty different. Anyway, I like Either/Or (bit overrated, though), and haven't really bothered listening to the rest of his albums. I don't really care if Alex thinks they're garbage or if Ethan thinks they're the best thing ever, because I'm just not interested in listening to Elliott Smith anymore than I do now.

Happy?

Oh, and Rufus Wainwright > Jesus > Elliott Smith > Bright Eyes.
Expletive Deleted is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.