Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Indie & Alternative
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2012, 09:52 AM   #101 (permalink)
Oh my golly!
 
Above's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: England
Posts: 335
Default

I just listened to The Holy Bible, and there's not really much there that interested me. It seemed really uninspired, and nothing really appealed to me.
__________________
Be pure,
Be vigilant,
Behave
Above is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:43 AM   #102 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 30
Default

The Holy Bible is not just their best album it it one of the greatest albums ever made. The album equivalent of the film Requiem for a Dream - it stains your consciousness in an uncomfortable but compelling way.
tonyttt31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:29 PM   #103 (permalink)
The Big Dog
 
14232949's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,948
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above View Post
I just listened to The Holy Bible, and there's not really much there that interested me. It seemed really uninspired, and nothing really appealed to me.
re listen son.
14232949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:41 PM   #104 (permalink)
No Ice In My Bourbon
 
SoundgardenRocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: USA, USA, USA!
Posts: 1,443
Default

Ive been listening to MSP alot lately, and I think most of their stuff after THB is underrated. Sure, THB is the best, but EMG, TIMTTMY, and Lifeblood are still great! Oh yeah, SATG was really good too. Anyone else think the same?
SoundgardenRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:21 AM   #105 (permalink)
No Ice In My Bourbon
 
SoundgardenRocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: USA, USA, USA!
Posts: 1,443
Default

The lyrics for MSP have been very good throughout their whole career imo
SoundgardenRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:37 PM   #106 (permalink)
Live by the Sword
 
Howard the Duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posts: 9,039
Default

i only really like Generation Terrorists - and that's the double album version, not the US release
__________________


Malaise is THE dominant human predilection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
what? i don't understand you. farming is for vegetables, not for meat. if ou disagree with a farming practice, you disagree on a vegetable. unless you have a different definition of farming.
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:54 AM   #107 (permalink)
No Ice In My Bourbon
 
SoundgardenRocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: USA, USA, USA!
Posts: 1,443
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard the Duck View Post
i only really like Generation Terrorists - and that's the double album version, not the US release
You didn't like the Holy Bible or Everything Must Go? How come?
SoundgardenRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:30 PM   #108 (permalink)
Live by the Sword
 
Howard the Duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posts: 9,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundgardenRocks View Post
You didn't like the Holy Bible or Everything Must Go? How come?
not much

they're OK, I guess

nothing particularly outstanding
__________________


Malaise is THE dominant human predilection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
what? i don't understand you. farming is for vegetables, not for meat. if ou disagree with a farming practice, you disagree on a vegetable. unless you have a different definition of farming.
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:01 AM   #109 (permalink)
No Ice In My Bourbon
 
SoundgardenRocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: USA, USA, USA!
Posts: 1,443
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard the Duck View Post
not much

they're OK, I guess

nothing particularly outstanding
Give THB another listen man! cause it really is outstanding! Especially the lyrics and the way James Dean somehow makes great melodies with them. One of the most underrated albums of the 90s!

EMG is like their Britpop album, and it's also damn good, although not as good as THB.
SoundgardenRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:10 AM   #110 (permalink)
Live by the Sword
 
Howard the Duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posts: 9,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundgardenRocks View Post
Give THB another listen man! cause it really is outstanding! Especially the lyrics and the way James Dean somehow makes great melodies with them. One of the most underrated albums of the 90s!

EMG is like their Britpop album, and it's also damn good, although not as good as THB.
how could it be "underrated" when every single British music mag has it in their top albums list?

if anything, it's "overrated" for me

i only really like the lyrics, i prefer the glam-punk of GT
__________________


Malaise is THE dominant human predilection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
what? i don't understand you. farming is for vegetables, not for meat. if ou disagree with a farming practice, you disagree on a vegetable. unless you have a different definition of farming.
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.