Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Indie & Alternative
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2012, 07:04 AM   #121 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Reckless Eric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 24
Default

The Smiths: The Queen is Dead
Pulp: His & Hers
My Bloody Valentine: Loveless
Pixies: Surfer Rosa
Violent Femmes: Violent Femmes

Tough call. I could go on for days!!
Reckless Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:41 PM   #122 (permalink)
Trolier Than Thou
 
Forward To Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,328
Default

I just listened to two of those albums earlier. Loveless and The Queen Is Dead. I think The latter may be The Smiths' best album, but it's hard to choose.

Five more:

Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain by Pavement
Tim by The Replacements
Zen Arcade by Husker Du
Closer by Joy Division
Disintegration by The Cure

Last edited by Forward To Death; 03-20-2012 at 03:09 PM.
Forward To Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 10:58 PM   #123 (permalink)
Live by the Sword
 
Howard the Duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posts: 9,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckless Eric View Post
The Smiths: The Queen is Dead
Pulp: His & Hers
My Bloody Valentine: Loveless
Pixies: Surfer Rosa
Violent Femmes: Violent Femmes

Tough call. I could go on for days!!
good list, though i don't think highly of Pulp
__________________


Malaise is THE dominant human predilection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
what? i don't understand you. farming is for vegetables, not for meat. if ou disagree with a farming practice, you disagree on a vegetable. unless you have a different definition of farming.
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:17 AM   #124 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1
Default

Pixies-Doolittle (proto-indie if you will)
MBV-Loveless
NMH-In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
Pavement-Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain
Spiritualized-Ladies And Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space

I might be biased towards a certain decade.
happymonday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:15 AM   #125 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Croatian Masochist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 36
Default

This is amazing, thankyou so much everyone. I only have 2 years of exposure to music as a whole, so this has legitimately helped me.

I don't know if I should feel ashamed that I haven't even heard of 2/3 of these 'obvious' albums.
__________________
Possible band names:

The Armenian Housewives
or
Yet Another Generic Highschool Garage-Punk Band Who's Members Should be Focusing On Their Studies
Croatian Masochist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:17 AM   #126 (permalink)
Live by the Sword
 
Howard the Duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posts: 9,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croatian Masochist View Post
This is amazing, thankyou so much everyone. I only have 2 years of exposure to music as a whole, so this has legitimately helped me.

I don't know if I should feel ashamed that I haven't even heard of 2/3 of these 'obvious' albums.
you should get right to it then, kind sir
__________________


Malaise is THE dominant human predilection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
what? i don't understand you. farming is for vegetables, not for meat. if ou disagree with a farming practice, you disagree on a vegetable. unless you have a different definition of farming.
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:47 AM   #127 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Noise Wall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Souvlaki Space Station
Posts: 35
Default

Joy Division - Substance
My Bloody Valentine - Isn't Anything
Of Montreal - Hissing Fauna, are you the destroyer?
Alcest - Souvenirs D'un Autre Monde
The Smiths - The Queen is Dead
Noise Wall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:34 PM   #128 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 27
Default

the smiths-the queen is dead
the strokes-is this it
arcade fire-funeral
the pixies-doolittle
radiohead-ok computer

predictable i know.
Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:19 PM   #129 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Reckless Eric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 24
Default

A cursory glance at this thread would suggest The Queen is Dead is top of the pile.
Yes/No?
Reckless Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:21 PM   #130 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Reckless Eric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noise Wall View Post
Joy Division - Substance
My Bloody Valentine - Isn't Anything
Of Montreal - Hissing Fauna, are you the destroyer?
Alcest - Souvenirs D'un Autre Monde
The Smiths - The Queen is Dead
Substance, as a compilation may be problematic as an entry, I'd have thought.
Reckless Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.