Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Indie & Alternative
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2013, 01:12 PM   #71 (permalink)
Master, We Perish
 
Surell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Havin a good time, rollin to the bottom.
Posts: 3,704
Default

har har!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
Laser beams, psychedelic hats, and for some reason kittens. Surrel reminds me of kittens.
^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 04:03 AM   #72 (permalink)
watching the wheels
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Finland
Posts: 464
Default

I'm nearly ready to consider Lonerism as the best album from the 21st century. Of course Smile, both versions, is better, but it does not count, right?
__________________
...
Taxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 04:27 AM   #73 (permalink)
Oxy
Groupie
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 49
Default

Tame Impala would struggle to get a free gig in a pub in most of the UK.
Oxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 04:52 AM   #74 (permalink)
watching the wheels
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Finland
Posts: 464
Default

How does that relate to the goodness of their music, may I ask?
__________________
...
Taxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 05:00 AM   #75 (permalink)
Oxy
Groupie
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxman View Post
How does that relate to the goodness of their music, may I ask?
I guess its because we have choice and appreciate quality.
Oxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 05:11 AM   #76 (permalink)
 
Zer0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ireland
Posts: 3,791
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Tame Impala would struggle to get a free gig in a pub in most of the UK.
Why would a band like Tame Impala want to play a small pub? There's a reason why they're playing arenas in the UK, see can you figure out why. You claim to be a smart guy Oxy, I presume you know how to research stuff before you post. If you need any assistance doing research please let me know and I'll be happy to help.
__________________

Last edited by Zer0; 12-30-2013 at 05:16 AM.
Zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 05:21 AM   #77 (permalink)
Oxy
Groupie
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0 View Post
Why would a band like Tame Impala want to play a small pub? There's a reason why they're playing arenas in the UK, see can you figure out why. You claim to be a smart guy Oxy, I presume you know how to research stuff before you post. If you need any assistance doing research please let me know and I'll be happy to help.
You miss the point wonderfully.

And, oh, yes I am very smart, but thank you for your offer.
Oxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 05:35 AM   #78 (permalink)
 
Zer0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ireland
Posts: 3,791
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
You miss the point wonderfully.

And, oh, yes I am very smart, but thank you for your offer.
Oh Oxy you fail to convince me. I'll give you some clues, they had both their albums reach No. 14 in the UK album charts and they're playing an outdoor gig with Arctic Monkeys in Finsbury Park in London next year. You're claiming that a band with that level of success won't get a gig in a pub in most of the UK. In a way you're right. I don't think most pubs in the UK will have the capacity to cater for the crowds that they'll bring to the venue.
__________________
Zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 05:44 AM   #79 (permalink)
watching the wheels
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Finland
Posts: 464
Default

Don't worry, he was too smart for as. Anyway it is hard to imagine that kind of music played in a bar anyway. But maybe I'm just too old-fashioned.
__________________
...
Taxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 04:17 PM   #80 (permalink)
AllTheWhileYouChargeAFee
 
DriveYourCarDownToTheSea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxman View Post
I'm nearly ready to consider Lonerism as the best album from the 21st century. Of course Smile, both versions, is better, but it does not count, right?
As much as I like Tame Impala, I'd still say Merriweather Post Pavilion and Veckatimest are better - by sizable margins, I might add. However, I think Tame Impala is going to have broader appeal than either of the other two bands - certainly more than Animal Collective (Grizzly Bear is harder to judge).

And no, Smile doesn't count.
__________________
Stop and find a pretty shell for her
Beach Boys vs Beatles comparisons begin here
DriveYourCarDownToTheSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.