Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Indie & Alternative
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2010, 11:01 AM   #41 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 4,355
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCunningStunt View Post
Black Sabbath, Slayer, Melvins, RATM, Motorhead.

Few other bands, Deftones are k.
Motorhead aren't Metal. You don't appear to be much of a Metal fan, because The Melvins and RATM are more blend artists i'd say too.
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:04 AM   #42 (permalink)
love will tear you apart
 
TheCunningStunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Manchester, UK.
Posts: 5,100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Motorhead aren't Metal. You don't appear to be much of a Metal fan, because The Melvins and RATM are more blend artists i'd say too.
Motorhead are clearly Heavy Metal, despite Lemmy's claims.

The Melvins are Metal although they incorporate other influences into their music.

I also like Slayer. \m/

(Did I do it right?)
__________________
I don't feel and I feel great.

Last FM
TheCunningStunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:13 AM   #43 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 4,355
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCunningStunt View Post
Motorhead are clearly Heavy Metal, despite Lemmy's claims.

The Melvins are Metal although they incorporate other influences into their music.

I also like Slayer. \m/

(Did I do it right?)
Hehe, what Lemmy says is law.
The Melvins are like every genre ever, they're my fav Metal related band.
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:16 AM   #44 (permalink)
love will tear you apart
 
TheCunningStunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Manchester, UK.
Posts: 5,100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Hehe, what Lemmy says is law.
The Melvins are like every genre ever, they're my fav Metal related band.
Lemmy is in denial, they're clearly Heavy Metal.
The Melvins are Metal. Probably Sludge metal with a bit of Stoner Rawk thrown in, but they do defy genre to an extent. They're called the "Godfathers of Grunge" as well.
__________________
I don't feel and I feel great.

Last FM
TheCunningStunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:22 AM   #45 (permalink)
Groupie
 
AudioNutrition's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 25
Default

CunningStunt, you should write a list of bands you like. I'm very curious, as you seem to be very sceptical.

Last edited by AudioNutrition; 10-23-2010 at 11:28 AM.
AudioNutrition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:22 AM   #46 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 4,355
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCunningStunt View Post
Lemmy is in denial, they're clearly Heavy Metal.
The Melvins are Metal. Probably Sludge metal with a bit of Stoner Rawk thrown in, but they do defy genre to an extent. They're called the "Godfathers of Grunge" as well.
Yeah as I said, they're everything. I love them.
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 12:12 PM   #47 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
downwardspiral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Liverpool, UK
Posts: 729
Default

Melvins and Mastodon are the only metal bands I really like. Deftones are awesome! And I was a total nu-metal kid between the ages of 10 and 13, yeah. LIMP BIZKIT FOREVER.
__________________


downwardspiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 12:16 PM   #48 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 4,355
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by downwardspiral View Post
Melvins and Mastodon are the only metal bands I really like. Deftones are awesome! And I was a total nu-metal kid between the ages of 10 and 13, yeah. LIMP BIZKIT FOREVER.
That's what i don't get! Those picks are hardly bands with nothing similiar, if you like them two you'd most likely like a lot of stuff.
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:24 AM   #49 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 14
Default

Pavement for sure
miniraptor-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:31 PM   #50 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 18
Default

Times New Viking!
8lackdrag0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.