Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Indie & Alternative
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2016, 12:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 2
Default The Grunge Day

Does anyone miss Grunge and the whole North West Pacific music scene places such as Seattle and Portland and other bands from that days,such as Nirvana and others such as Heatmiser and Poison Idea.Lables such as SUB POP and all there other bands from alternative rock Grunge days and the clothes and culture.

Last edited by The Jipster; 05-01-2016 at 01:14 PM.
The Jipster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 03:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
ComputerHabenHerzschmerz
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 6,544
Default

I thought "The Grunge Day" was a name of a Grunge revival band. Why didn't you title the thread like "Grunge Back in the Day" or "The Halcyon Days of Grunge" or perhaps "Grunge, Where Did You Go?"
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" - ʕººʔ
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” ― Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” – Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." - John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." — Keith Richards ☮ 💖 ♫ ∞ ἰχθύς
Neapolitan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 04:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Primo Celebate Sexiness
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,662
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jipster View Post
Does anyone miss Grunge and the whole North West Pacific music scene places such as Seattle and Portland and other bands from that days,such as Nirvana and others such as Heatmiser and Poison Idea.Lables such as SUB POP and all there other bands from alternative rock Grunge days and the clothes and culture.
As far as culture goes, not really. Music, you know it.
__________________
I'm a pretty nice troll if you ask me.
JGuy Grungeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 04:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,041
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jipster View Post
Does anyone miss Grunge and the whole North West Pacific music scene places such as Seattle and Portland and other bands from that days,such as Nirvana and others such as Heatmiser and Poison Idea.Lables such as SUB POP and all there other bands from alternative rock Grunge days and the clothes and culture.
Not really. There was a lot of other music going on at the time that I liked a lot more.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 04:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
ComputerHabenHerzschmerz
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 6,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGuy Grungeman View Post
As far as culture goes, not really. Music, you know it.
I thought, of all the people here, you would miss it the most, since you name is JGuy Grungeman.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" - ʕººʔ
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” ― Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” – Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." - John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." — Keith Richards ☮ 💖 ♫ ∞ ἰχθύς
Neapolitan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 05:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
David Hasselhoff
 
Paul Smeenus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Back in Portland, OR
Posts: 3,165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jipster View Post
Does anyone miss Grunge and the whole North West Pacific music scene places such as Seattle and Portland and other bands from that days,such as Nirvana and others such as Heatmiser and Poison Idea.Lables such as SUB POP and all there other bands from alternative rock Grunge days and the clothes and culture.

I'm from Portland. Poison Idea, aka Kings Of Punks, were NOBODY'S grunge band. Come back when you know wtf you're talking about.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Basically you're David Hasselhoff.
Gentle Giant Catalog Review

The entire Ditty Bops catalog reviewed
Paul Smeenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 05:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Primo Celebate Sexiness
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,662
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I thought, of all the people here, you would miss it the most, since you name is JGuy Grungeman.
I only got into the music a couple years ago. I still wish it was bigger. It kind of makes me miss a scene I was never a part of.
__________________
I'm a pretty nice troll if you ask me.
JGuy Grungeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 05:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Aficionado of Fine Filth
 
Psy-Fi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: You don't want to look in there.
Posts: 3,909
Default

Grunge Day?

I prefer The Grungies...

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
Welcome to the new mb. A haven for straight white depressive snowflakes playacting as anarchists.


She's a Brick House
Psy-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 06:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
ComputerHabenHerzschmerz
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 6,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psy-Fi View Post
Grunge Day?

I prefer The Grungies...

My favorite scene in Singles.
Chris Cornell's cameo in "Singles"


Quote:
Originally Posted by JGuy Grungeman View Post
I only got into the music a couple years ago. I still wish it was bigger. It kind of makes me miss a scene I was never a part of.
Nothing really fads away with music, somewhere there is a Post-Punk revival band, 50s Rockabilly revival bar, or 70s appreciation club. If that's what you are into then be the Grunge revivalist in your town.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" - ʕººʔ
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” ― Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” – Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." - John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." — Keith Richards ☮ 💖 ♫ ∞ ἰχθύς
Neapolitan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 09:09 AM   #10 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: In the fires of your own disillusion
Posts: 684
Default

Grunge is still alive and well. There are quite a few threads to this effect.
ChelseaDagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.