Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Introductions
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 03:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Groupie
 
UnderdogCrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Lowestoft, United Kingdom
Posts: 5
Default Hi

Hello.

My name is Georgie and I'm 16 from the UK. My favourite bands are All Time Low, Black Veil Brides, You Me At Six, Young Guns, My Chemical Romance, and there are plenty more but I don't want you to have to read on and on about them.

A little bit about myself. I really would like some friends. I don't have any because I was home schooled and recently started college but I've got no friends. I've been friendless all my life really and would like to meet some new people. So message me?

Thank you
__________________
Down under the night sky I lay in wait. Praying to whoever will listen to me...
UnderdogCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
custom user title
 
Kelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 302
Default

HEY! I'm a new member here and just started college too. I love music and am trying to make friends as well. Message me if you want LOL

You Me At Six and Young Guns are great btw
Kelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Groupie
 
UnderdogCrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Lowestoft, United Kingdom
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelli View Post
HEY! I'm a new member here and just started college too. I love music and am trying to make friends as well. Message me if you want LOL

You Me At Six and Young Guns are great btw
Hey Kelli You like You Me at Six and Young Guns? Then you are awesome
__________________
Down under the night sky I lay in wait. Praying to whoever will listen to me...
UnderdogCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
custom user title
 
Kelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 302
Default

Yes!

And ok this is random but where are you getting those animated smiley things..? They're kinda cool. Ha.
Kelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Groupie
 
UnderdogCrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Lowestoft, United Kingdom
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelli View Post
Yes!

And ok this is random but where are you getting those animated smiley things..? They're kinda cool. Ha.
Great! I dunno there just at the side of my page they are --->
__________________
Down under the night sky I lay in wait. Praying to whoever will listen to me...
UnderdogCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
Facilitator
 
VEGANGELICA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Where people kill 30 million pigs per year
Posts: 1,993
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderdogCrash View Post
Hello.

My name is Georgie and I'm 16 from the UK. My favourite bands are All Time Low, Black Veil Brides, You Me At Six, Young Guns, My Chemical Romance, and there are plenty more but I don't want you to have to read on and on about them.

A little bit about myself. I really would like some friends. I don't have any because I was home schooled and recently started college but I've got no friends. I've been friendless all my life really and would like to meet some new people. So message me?

Thank you
Welcome to MusicBanter, Georgie.

I hope you will enjoy the site and meeting people here from all over the world who like music as you do.

I've always wondered if home schooling would lead to some loneliness. On the positive side, hopefully you got a better education than your peers. College should be a great time for friendships to develop that will last you a lifetime. But cyber acquaintances are nice, too.

Again, welcome.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan:
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:39 AM   #7 (permalink)
Do good.
 
Blarobbarg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 2,008
Default

Welcome to MB, George. I'm 20, from Kentucky, and I too was homeschooled and am in college! I wasn't friendless my whole life though, Kentucky has a pretty tight homeschooling community that tends to stick together.

I've always wondered what homeschooling was like over in Europe. Were you in the city or the country? Did you know any other homeschoolers? Now that you're starting college, do you think that homeschooling was a good or a bad thing?

And finally, if you stick around MB long enough, your musical tastes will expand exponentially. Join in the discussions, and keep an open ear, you'll dig up musical gold that you didn't even know existed.
__________________
https://rateyourmusic.com/~Blarobbarg

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ ^my RYM^  。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

(◠‿◠✿)
Blarobbarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Groupie
 
UnderdogCrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Lowestoft, United Kingdom
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarobbarg View Post
I've always wondered what homeschooling was like over in Europe. Were you in the city or the country? Did you know any other homeschoolers? Now that you're starting college, do you think that homeschooling was a good or a bad thing?
Hey, thanks for replying. I only knew my brothers and sisters through homeschooling since we done it all together. I think it was a good idea. I seem to know quite a bit more than some of them do.
__________________
Down under the night sky I lay in wait. Praying to whoever will listen to me...
UnderdogCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Groupie
 
UnderdogCrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Lowestoft, United Kingdom
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post

I've always wondered if home schooling would lead to some loneliness. On the positive side, hopefully you got a better education than your peers. College should be a great time for friendships to develop that will last you a lifetime. But cyber acquaintances are nice, too.

Again, welcome.
Hi. Yeah homeschooling does lead to loneliness. I actually have got a better education than most of the members in my course. I don't really do well with making friends. I think I'm socially retarded or something.
__________________
Down under the night sky I lay in wait. Praying to whoever will listen to me...
UnderdogCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Do good.
 
Blarobbarg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 2,008
Default

You're not socially retarded, you're socially inexperienced. There is a difference.

Just be yourself, do your best, take chances, and don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone. And remember, most other people are just as scared as you, they're just more adept at hiding it.
__________________
https://rateyourmusic.com/~Blarobbarg

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ ^my RYM^  。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

(◠‿◠✿)
Blarobbarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.