Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Introductions
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2013, 03:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 0
Default Hey guys

Hey everyone my name is Ben if you didn't notice my username

I am here to ask the very smart musically inclined people a few questions so if you are one of those people add me as a friend!!!!!!!!!

Basically I was never much of a music person until now and I think that joining this forum will help me branch out even though I like everything from dubstep to metal to hippie-ish jams.

Thanks guys
ben4525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Oracle
 
RoxyRollah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Closer then you think.....
Posts: 3,995
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben4525 View Post
Hey everyone my name is Ben if you didn't notice my username

I am here to ask the very smart musically inclined people a few questions so if you are one of those people add me as a friend!!!!!!!!!

Basically I was never much of a music person until now and I think that joining this forum will help me branch out even though I like everything from dubstep to metal to hippie-ish jams.

Thanks guys


hippie-ish jams? so why are you into music now as opposed to when you weren't? What changed?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Roxy is unable to perpetrate violence. It always somehow turns into BDSM between two consenting adults.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I just want to say your tits are lovely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Roxy is the William S. Burroughs of our time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I like Roxy, she's awesome and her taste in music far exceeds yours. Roxy is in the Major League bro, and you're like a sad clown in a two bit rodeo.
RoxyRollah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
zinia7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 117
Default

welcome to this site. what kind of metal do you like?
zinia7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinia7 View Post
welcome to this site. what kind of metal do you like?
Here are some of my favorites in that category, not all of them are metal tho.
-August Burns Red
-Parkway Drive
-Breaking Benjamin
-Chevelle
-Asking Alexandria
-Killswitch engage
-System of a Down
-Audioslave
-Disturbed and A7X (not as much as I used to tho)
-Trivium
ben4525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
hippie-ish jams? so why are you into music now as opposed to when you weren't? What changed?
Well, I made some new friends and they introduced me to some new music. And yes Hippie-ish Jams lol.
ben4525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
My Body is a Cage.
 
Alice in Chains's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Down in a hole..
Posts: 134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben4525 View Post
Here are some of my favorites in that category, not all of them are metal tho.
-August Burns Red
-Parkway Drive
-Breaking Benjamin
-Chevelle
-Asking Alexandria
-Killswitch engage
-System of a Down
-Audioslave
-Disturbed and A7X (not as much as I used to tho)
-Trivium
Chevelle, Trivium, Benjamin, Alexandria, Engage, SOAD, Disturbed, Audioslave, and A7X..... I like you already.

I don't like Disturbed and A7X as much as I used to either. Their new material just isn't as good as their older work.

Have you listened to alexisonfire?


They seem like your piece of cake.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
"You make me sick, you pitiful wuss."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Guy View Post
I feel that people have executed this type of thing before with much more substance and originality.
Alice in Chains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
Killed Laura Palmer
 
ThePhanastasio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ashland, KY
Posts: 1,669
Default

SOAD, eh? I love them, rather. And hippie-ish jams? Have you gotten into Phish, perchance? They're worthwhile. If nothing else, they're a solid bridge into more complex music, i.e. jazz, if you get REALLY into them.

I am really into them. And they're actually quite melodic, when the mood strikes them. Plus, they have four of the most competent musicians at their instruments in the line-up, so that helps.

Vocally, they're not the tops, but instrumentally, they're absolutely mind-numbing.
__________________

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2021 Advameg, Inc.