Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Introductions
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2010, 02:23 PM   #14711 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Eyrie, Vale of Arryn, Westeros
Posts: 2,999
Default

shwat I thought mother****er
Sansa Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 02:32 PM   #14712 (permalink)
Moper
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 504
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paloma View Post
I think he does, not totally like him but I was trying to be nicebut oh my god if theyre not so stuck up their own asses that they think it's soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo insulting
I was merely remarking that I thought he didn't look a thing like me...

Not sure how saying that would be nice (to whomever that was directed to), but I wasn't offended.

On the other hand, I am a bit of a cunt

Sorry if I overreacted.
The Fascinating Turnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 02:48 PM   #14713 (permalink)
Partying on the inside
 
Freebase Dali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,329
Default

Can we stop hijacking the Picture Gallery please?
First it was 2 pages of "who Paloma's married to", and now this? Discussing someone's picture is fine, but let's try not to go overboard.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:12 PM   #14714 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,037
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90'sMusicKid View Post
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:17 AM   #14715 (permalink)
Registered Jimmy Rustler
 
Dr_Rez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5,190
Default

He is having such a good time firing that gun.
__________________
*Best chance of losing virginity is in prison crew*
*Always Checks Credentials Crew*
*nba > nfl crew*
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
*Flakes on Dates to go Hoop crew*

Power: Yamaha Rx-v363
Speakers:2 Boston Acoustics A100's, 2 Pioneer HPM-60's
Headphones: Audio Technica M50, Sony MDR-XB500
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 06:15 AM   #14716 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,037
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezZ View Post
He is having such a good time firing that gun.
Are you not familiar with the photo? It's the picture that famously destroyed Michael Dukakis' chances of becoming president.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 06:30 PM   #14717 (permalink)
Registered Jimmy Rustler
 
Dr_Rez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5,190
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Are you not familiar with the photo? It's the picture that famously destroyed Michael Dukakis' chances of becoming president.
Sadly no. I know about him and his running but I was born in 1990 and never really went further into it than that.
__________________
*Best chance of losing virginity is in prison crew*
*Always Checks Credentials Crew*
*nba > nfl crew*
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
*Flakes on Dates to go Hoop crew*

Power: Yamaha Rx-v363
Speakers:2 Boston Acoustics A100's, 2 Pioneer HPM-60's
Headphones: Audio Technica M50, Sony MDR-XB500
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:09 PM   #14718 (permalink)
nothing
 
mr dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: everywhere
Posts: 4,287
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Are you not familiar with the photo? It's the picture that famously destroyed Michael Dukakis' chances of becoming president.
i'm old enough to remember Dukakis, but really all i remember about him was that they needed to hide stools behind the podiums because he was way short (pretty sure that's just a Simpson's burn too). what's the deal with the pic?
__________________
i am the universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
http://www.myspace.com/wallofpanda (updated 06/28/09-ish)
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:23 PM   #14719 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,037
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
i'm old enough to remember Dukakis, but really all i remember about him was that they needed to hide stools behind the podiums because he was way short (pretty sure that's just a Simpson's burn too). what's the deal with the pic?
Basically, during his presidential run his opponents were portraying him as weak and out of touch with the military. He felt he needed to do something to make himself look tougher and whatnot and so he arranged this photo-op of him riding around in a tank. The problem was that the helmet and everything looked ridiculous on him and made him look like a little kid playing dress up. The whole plan completely backfired and in the end only served to undermine his credibility in the eyes of voters. To this day the incident is the point of comparison for failed political PR moves in American politics.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 02:25 AM   #14720 (permalink)
nothing
 
mr dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: everywhere
Posts: 4,287
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Basically, during his presidential run his opponents were portraying him as weak and out of touch with the military. He felt he needed to do something to make himself look tougher and whatnot and so he arranged this photo-op of him riding around in a tank. The problem was that the helmet and everything looked ridiculous on him and made him look like a little kid playing dress up. The whole plan completely backfired and in the end only served to undermine his credibility in the eyes of voters. To this day the incident is the point of comparison for failed political PR moves in American politics.
so how is it that George W. manage to pull off the exact same level of PR shenanigans? hehehe i mean really the only difference i'm seeing is Dukakis is pointing at the camera while George W would have been giving a thumbs up and helter skelter eyes.
__________________
i am the universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
http://www.myspace.com/wallofpanda (updated 06/28/09-ish)
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.