Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Introductions
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2015, 08:29 PM   #31301 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,384
Default

^Mitch. I enjoyed his humor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Food tastes the same regardless of what utensil you use. Using chopsticks is nothing more than a fun novelty. You have no reason to use them other than for fun, and considering it "cultured" to use them for no real reason is just self-indulgent nonsense.
That's not true.. Sure that's what it was at first, but when I got good with them it's actually just a better utensil than a fork for certain foods.
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...

Last edited by DwnWthVwls; 12-19-2015 at 10:44 PM.
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 02:30 AM   #31302 (permalink)
WWWP f*cks dogs
 
Doug McClasky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 37,581
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
It's not an artificial sense of authenticity for the person that finds enjoyment in being authentic. I enjoy eating my Pho with chop sticks. It actually would feel weird eating it with a fork.
What you just described is an artificial sense of authenticity. And you're not being authentic. You're being a goofy white person. If you have fun doing that, then go ahead, I've eaten with chopsticks for my own amusement as well, but I've also never called anyone a barbarian for not using them to eat lo mein, because that's dumb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
That's not true.. Sure that's what it was at first, but when I got good with them it's actually just a better utensil than a fork for certain foods.
They're two entirely different utensils, so I'm sure they each have their benefits, but white people claiming that you should only ever eat such-and-such Asian food with chopsticks are still being morons. If I saw two tourists from China, and one was berating the other for trying to eat spaghetti and meatballs with chopsticks, I would consider the first to be a dumbass.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Doug McClasky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 09:41 AM   #31303 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,764
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I've also never called anyone a barbarian for not using them to eat lo mein.
Calling you barbaric and uncultured really had nothing specific to do with the current discussion. It was more of an general reference which could fit just about any discussion.

__________________
Flame bait is a message posted to a public Internet discussion group with the intent of provoking an angry response or argument over a topic the "troll" often has no real interest in, and finds humor, or entertainment in reactions.
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 09:53 AM   #31304 (permalink)
Gotcha
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 30,318
Default

You're supposed to use it as a scooper when you're eating rice.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 10:24 AM   #31305 (permalink)
WWWP f*cks dogs
 
Doug McClasky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 37,581
Default

Yeah, when it comes to rice, chopsticks sound like a much less effective alternative to a fork or spoon.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Doug McClasky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 10:42 AM   #31306 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,764
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Yeah, when it comes to rice, chopsticks sound like a much less effective alternative to a fork or spoon.
Ever wonder why in Chinese places the rice is served separate in its own little bowl?

__________________
Flame bait is a message posted to a public Internet discussion group with the intent of provoking an angry response or argument over a topic the "troll" often has no real interest in, and finds humor, or entertainment in reactions.
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 11:21 AM   #31307 (permalink)
WWWP f*cks dogs
 
Doug McClasky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 37,581
Default

Not really, no.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Doug McClasky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 11:54 AM   #31308 (permalink)
Shoo Thoughts
 
Mr. Charlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: These Mountains
Posts: 2,293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aux-in View Post
#thuglife

Cute kitty.
Mr. Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 12:45 PM   #31309 (permalink)
Tremendous Machine
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: In Time
Posts: 467
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charlie View Post
Cute kitty.
Thanks man. I've always liked tabbies.

As for the rest of you, time to start posting picks of yourself using chopsticks and/or sporks.
__________________
Journal l List l Reviews l YouTube Playlist
Aux-In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 07:07 PM   #31310 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: In the fires of your own disillusion
Posts: 684
Default

This is my first Christmas in a whole decade without my tabby but on the bright side, I made a lot of cool salves today. Nothin so therapeutic as getting in touch with one's hippy side. Or binge eating rum cake.
ChelseaDagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.