Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Introductions
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2016, 07:29 AM   #34171 (permalink)
Brain Licker
 
Xurtio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,082
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Except for the fact that it has nothing to do with masculinity or homosexuality.
.
I doubt that masculinity observations don't underlie it. If it was a picture of a full bearded lumberjack holding an ak 47, "fa*got" probably wouldn't come up. When Louis CK does his bit, he uses an efeminate whiny voice to portray his def of "fa*got".

If you were born in most cultures in the world today, especially in the west, you were raised around these shaming structures by the media and your peers. And these social strucures have been in place for hundreds of years. I don't think people do it so consciously "ooh I'm going to call this guy f*g to make me look more masculine". No, the social centers of the brain already do that automatically (i.e, its "subconscious" to use Freud's outdated terminology).

Also, the word "literal" was used in front of ****ot - not sure if the poster failed English, but literal has a particular meaning....

Louis CK wouldn't be able to go around using "jewed" or "kiked" and say "oh I was just talking about people that steal, not literal jews!" But the only reason that derogatory term is tied to stealing is because the jews were accused of it (infamously, by Hitler) ... much like homosexuality is considered failing at masculinity.

The new word for shaming men that don't maintain the patriarchy is cuck, btw. The alt right abandoned ****ot in the 90's when they graduated high school.
__________________
H̓̇̅̉yͤ͏mͬ͂ͧn͑̽̽̌ͪ̑͐͟o̴͊̈́͑̇m͛͌̓ͦ̑aͫ̽ͤ̇n̅̎͐̒ͫ͐c̆ͯͫ̋ ̔̃́eͯ͒rͬͬ̄҉
Xurtio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 07:32 AM   #34172 (permalink)
OQB
 
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Frownland
Posts: 8,806
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xurtio View Post
The new word for shaming men that don't maintain the patriarchy is cuck, btw. The alt right abandoned ****ot in the 90's when they graduated high school.
this is true.
__________________
Music Blog / RYM / Last.fm / Qwertyy's Journal of Music Reviews and Other Assorted Ramblings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 07:44 AM   #34173 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 42,389
Default

To cuck is lame. To ***got is divine.
__________________
CHINA IS CAPITALIST
The Batlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 07:54 AM   #34174 (permalink)
OQB
 
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Frownland
Posts: 8,806
Default

you're a ***cuck
__________________
Music Blog / RYM / Last.fm / Qwertyy's Journal of Music Reviews and Other Assorted Ramblings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 07:58 AM   #34175 (permalink)
.
 
grindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: .
Posts: 6,837
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xurtio View Post
I doubt that masculinity observations don't underlie it. If it was a picture of a full bearded lumberjack holding an ak 47, "fa*got" probably wouldn't come up. When Louis CK does his bit, he uses an efeminate whiny voice to portray his def of "fa*got".

If you were born in most cultures in the world today, especially in the west, you were raised around these shaming structures by the media and your peers. And these social strucures have been in place for hundreds of years. I don't think people do it so consciously "ooh I'm going to call this guy f*g to make me look more masculine". No, the social centers of the brain already do that automatically (i.e, its "subconscious" to use Freud's outdated terminology).

Also, the word "literal" was used in front of ****ot - not sure if the poster failed English, but literal has a particular meaning....

Louis CK wouldn't be able to go around using "jewed" or "kiked" and say "oh I was just talking about people that steal, not literal jews!" But the only reason that derogatory term is tied to stealing is because the jews were accused of it (infamously, by Hitler) ... much like homosexuality is considered failing at masculinity.

The new word for shaming men that don't maintain the patriarchy is cuck, btw. The alt right abandoned ****ot in the 90's when they graduated high school.
I use equivalents of jewed/kiked all the time and I think everyone should.
__________________
A smell of petroleum prevails throughout.
grindy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 08:00 AM   #34176 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 42,389
Default

I prefer to insult the Jews to their faces.
__________________
CHINA IS CAPITALIST
The Batlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 08:08 AM   #34177 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
I use equivalents of jewed/kiked all the time and I think everyone should.
I used jewed once around here and someone flipped out about it. So I refrain from using the term jewed and gypsy even.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 08:18 AM   #34178 (permalink)
.
 
grindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: .
Posts: 6,837
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
I used jewed once around here and someone flipped out about it. So I refrain from using the term jewed and gypsy even.
#zionistoccupiedbanter
__________________
A smell of petroleum prevails throughout.
grindy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 08:20 AM   #34179 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 42,389
Default

Do we even have gypsies in America? I think you're probably fine with that one, dude.
__________________
CHINA IS CAPITALIST
The Batlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 10:46 AM   #34180 (permalink)
Black Lives Matter
 
WWWP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xurtio View Post
I doubt that masculinity observations don't underlie it. If it was a picture of a full bearded lumberjack holding an ak 47, "fa*got" probably wouldn't come up. When Louis CK does his bit, he uses an efeminate whiny voice to portray his def of "fa*got".

If you were born in most cultures in the world today, especially in the west, you were raised around these shaming structures by the media and your peers. And these social strucures have been in place for hundreds of years. I don't think people do it so consciously "ooh I'm going to call this guy f*g to make me look more masculine". No, the social centers of the brain already do that automatically (i.e, its "subconscious" to use Freud's outdated terminology).

Also, the word "literal" was used in front of ****ot - not sure if the poster failed English, but literal has a particular meaning....

Louis CK wouldn't be able to go around using "jewed" or "kiked" and say "oh I was just talking about people that steal, not literal jews!" But the only reason that derogatory term is tied to stealing is because the jews were accused of it (infamously, by Hitler) ... much like homosexuality is considered failing at masculinity.

The new word for shaming men that don't maintain the patriarchy is cuck, btw. The alt right abandoned ****ot in the 90's when they graduated high school.
You're absolutely right I just don't think anyone here who thinks it's funny to use homophobic slurs (and then justify it with a comedy bit) is going to care. I hate seeing it on the boards, tbh, and I've taken to just ignoring or not associating with the people who throw it around like it's funny. I called someone out on it in plug but no one cares about what I think so now I just leave plug if that person shows up.
__________________
wwwp makes you a playlist pt. 1
wwwp makes you a playlist pt. 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I know what real life is, I've been living in it for well over a decade
WWWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.