Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Introductions
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2016, 06:59 AM   #21 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
Uhh... she blew up off of a song with a message of "men prefer big girls."
and?

Where is the lie?

But seriously, it's not like she said **** skinny girls, she just said men prefer big girls. big ****ing deal.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 07:10 AM   #22 (permalink)
OQB
 
Olí Qwerty Bastard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Frownland
Posts: 8,743
Default

It's a stupid ****ing message as far as I'm concerned, tbh. If you're going to try and statement why not spread something positive like maybe women shouldn't care what men prefer because they aren't here to meet their every need? Idk, I don't really care that much and the song never offended me or anything, I just heard a lot of people say it was some awesome statement for bigger women, but really it's just shaming skinny women and telling young girls they should care what men look for in women.
__________________
Music Blog / RYM / Last.fm / Qwertyy's Journal of Music Reviews and Other Assorted Ramblings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Olí Qwerty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 09:11 AM   #23 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Actually it was telling young girls to be comfortable with their body and they don't have to force themselves to be skinny like all the magazines and the rest of the different industries are telling them.

Only skinny women got upset and decided to make it out to be more negative than it actually was. It was a body positive song.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 09:22 AM   #24 (permalink)
WWWP f*cks dogs
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 38,854
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
It's a stupid ****ing message as far as I'm concerned, tbh. If you're going to try and statement why not spread something positive like maybe women shouldn't care what men prefer because they aren't here to meet their every need? Idk, I don't really care that much and the song never offended me or anything, I just heard a lot of people say it was some awesome statement for bigger women, but really it's just shaming skinny women and telling young girls they should care what men look for in women.
Because that would be ****ing lame? Oh hey, let's make another Facebook activist song about **** that doesn't make for interesting or engaging lyrics cause we want music to be some empowering statement that's probably just an excuse for an artist to get a pat on the back anyway. Gag.
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
The Batlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 09:56 AM   #25 (permalink)
Put The Cult In Culture
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,239
Default

Men don't prefer anything specific because we aren't all the same. Some dudes like their women looking like skeletor and others love harpooning and everything else in between.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 09:32 AM   #26 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: In the fires of your own disillusion
Posts: 684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Just based off of this statement alone, I can tell you don't listen to much rap.

Also what? she said **** skinny bitches, the same thing that Nicki Minaj has said.

Skinny chicks have done so much hating on bigger women over the years that they have created Meghan essentially. Along with beauty magazines and the fashion industry that continues to hate on big women.

Also not even just hating on big women but creating a negative image for little girls that end up looking up to certain magazines as an example and then end up with an eating disorder.
It's hard to have a modern debate with someone who is obviously living in 1980's culture-wise. I guarantee you haven't had a fraction of the exposure to the female dynamic that I have. The way women behave when men are present, is MUCH different than when they are amongst themselves.
ChelseaDagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 09:33 AM   #27 (permalink)
Caesar is home.
 
Thelonious Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 836
Default

I like Meghan's music.
Thelonious Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 09:38 AM   #28 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: In the fires of your own disillusion
Posts: 684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Actually it was telling young girls to be comfortable with their body and they don't have to force themselves to be skinny like all the magazines and the rest of the different industries are telling them.

Only skinny women got upset and decided to make it out to be more negative than it actually was. It was a body positive song.
No it wasn't. It was a body positive song with the contingency that the listener is thick. And your other assessment that "only skinny women were offended" is also off. Nobody mistakes me for skinny, but I still don't like the fact that Meghan gets praised for "empowering young girls" when all she really accomplished was sending them the message that they'll find their confidence through (1) haterdom and (2) men's approval (like qwerty already said).
ChelseaDagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 09:39 AM   #29 (permalink)
Caesar is home.
 
Thelonious Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 836
Default

Honestly, All About That Bass is a straight banger.
Thelonious Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 09:42 AM   #30 (permalink)
WWWP f*cks dogs
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 38,854
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaDagger View Post
It's hard to have a modern debate with someone who is obviously living in 1980's culture-wise. I guarantee you haven't had a fraction of the exposure to the female dynamic that I have. The way women behave when men are present, is MUCH different than when they are amongst themselves.
Ditto. You'll never hear the word "bitches" more than being a fly on the wall around a group of guys talking about sex.
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
The Batlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.