Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Introductions
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2019, 01:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 52
Default Oi

Hi! I'm xico, 23, from Brazil. I'm kind of becoming a music addict so this forum seemed to be the place where other music addicts would meet. I'm willing to share mostly Brazilian music in its extensive variety of genres. I'm very eclectic, but I'm more into (besides music from my country): Latin American, African, Japanese, Funk, Jazz, Folk, Alternative Rock and Pop, House, Electronic, Rap and Hiphop, some Classical (willing to know more), well lots of stuff... Hope I'm able to discover new sounds in here. Hugs.
xico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 01:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Softest Bullet Ever Shot
 
windsock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: the Outer Rim
Posts: 1,528
Default

Dharma & Greg know a lot about Oi!
__________________
RYM
Last.fm


Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I don't want to rec you anything, I want you to stop posting actually
windsock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 01:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Do good.
 
Blarobbarg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 1,961
Default

Do you know Azymuth? They’re my favorite band from Brazil.
__________________
https://rateyourmusic.com/~Blarobbarg

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ ^my RYM^  。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

(◠‿◠✿)
Blarobbarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 01:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Paragraph President
 
Unitron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Burning Star
Posts: 837
Default

Welcome to MB!

What are your thoughts on Brazilian metal bands like Sepultura, Nervosa, Overdose, etc.?
__________________
Last.FM
RYM
Unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 01:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarobbarg View Post
Do you know Azymuth? They’re my favorite band from Brazil.
Yes I know!! Also love them, the best group of its kind from Brazil. Do you like these jazz-fusion, instrumental funk bands?
xico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 01:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unitron View Post
Welcome to MB!

What are your thoughts on Brazilian metal bands like Sepultura, Nervosa, Overdose, etc.?
Well, metal is not really my type of music, hehe sorry. But of course I know at least Sepultura, they are one of the most successful bands from the 90's in Brazil, like their-music-played-all-the-time-on-radios kind of success. I really appreciate their fusion of metal and traditional intruments on their album Roots, it's like the perfect soundtrack for the chaotic social urban environment here in my country.
xico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 03:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Do good.
 
Blarobbarg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 1,961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xico View Post
Yes I know!! Also love them, the best group of its kind from Brazil. Do you like these jazz-fusion, instrumental funk bands?
Yes, I love that style of music.
__________________
https://rateyourmusic.com/~Blarobbarg

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ ^my RYM^  。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

(◠‿◠✿)
Blarobbarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 03:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
Paragraph President
 
Unitron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Burning Star
Posts: 837
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xico View Post
Well, metal is not really my type of music, hehe sorry. But of course I know at least Sepultura, they are one of the most successful bands from the 90's in Brazil, like their-music-played-all-the-time-on-radios kind of success. I really appreciate their fusion of metal and traditional intruments on their album Roots, it's like the perfect soundtrack for the chaotic social urban environment here in my country.
If only I could hear Sepultura on the radio here in the US. Closest I can get to that is once my local college radio station played Roots Bloody Roots if I remember correctly.

But yeah, Roots is a classic, and cool that you can appreciate it even if it isn't really your thing.
__________________
Last.FM
RYM
Unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 08:55 AM   #9 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarobbarg View Post
Yes, I love that style of music.
Good to know! If you could share your favorites, or have playlists on YouTube or Spotify I'd be glad to listen.
xico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 09:02 AM   #10 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unitron View Post
If only I could hear Sepultura on the radio here in the US. Closest I can get to that is once my local college radio station played Roots Bloody Roots if I remember correctly.

But yeah, Roots is a classic, and cool that you can appreciate it even if it isn't really your thing.
Yeah, Roots Bloody Roots is already brazilian classical For me enjoying Metal is more a matter of mood, when I'm too stressed or mad a Metal gig should be the best remedy (I actually have been to one a couple of months ago haha). But if you have any recommendations of distinctive Metal groups like Sepultura I'd also be glad to listen to them.
xico is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.