|01-13-2019, 11:03 PM||#21 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jun 2016
I was all about Beatles and SP at the same time at like 16-17
though it was like 95 when you were 17 and Pumpkins were huge
Just another marketing ploy
Last edited by elphenor; 01-13-2019 at 11:09 PM.
|01-14-2019, 03:56 AM||#22 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jan 2019
mostly things "around" (as opposed to core members) of anticon like cLOUDEAD or beans.
about iggy, i think post pop depression was a great album for him to make at this stage of his life and i hope he ll keep it his last..
"like to open a venue some day" i really hope you succed!
"I feel too important to be questioned." ))))))))))))))
me i m a math teacher..
about hiphop, i aint no snob and i like a lot hiphop related stuff.
i just think that last lets say decade things are overrated. i dont follow things that closely but i have heard albums by the OF thing and i m not impressed (Earl sweatshirt i think is the only one i care about) or all the asap this and asap that rappers, or even kendrick, except butterfly i think that the rest of his stuff are ok albums and nothing more and that as a rapper he's pretty mediocre. or vince staples (why the fuss?) or schoolboy q or underground stuff like death grips. i dont know, cant feel it.
about the cultural thing i understand but that was always the case, so its irrelevant about the 2010's "flourishness" of hiphpp [as i perceive it]
maybe i cant fully appreciate the cultural aspect of the thing and how it works dynamically cuz i m far away from things [ i never even set foot in the us] i mean, maybe nowwadays is more important for some reasons (i can think a few) although i doubt it cuz many of the same, or other reasons existed in the 80s p.e. anyaway.
the aesthetic/fashion thing:
in my country things are like this: 20 years ago if you looked at someone's clothes you had a pretty good idea what kinda music he liked (and many other things i d say like political views but thats a long discussion....)
nowadays all the kids look cool and they prefer hiphop influenced clothes and behaviors (im oversimplifying too keep it short) but kids arent cooler than they used to be. they look cooler yeah. so what i mean is that in many cases the "endorsement "of hiphop culture is epidermic.
about t.waits you mean rain dogs i guess.
dharma and greg
i envy both of you about the hearing. mine was better i think......
"vast, ever-growing library of digital music" exactly mything!
although as time goes by i feel more and more honestly bad about the artists not getting paid.
"throw a bit of money down at Bandcamp" thats probably the solution i will give to this problem.. seems the best among those i can afford.
"sing under my breath at work to pass the time"
nobody seems to give a dam about tom waits. i would recommend a mixtape i ve made with waits' songs. its on mixclod but i think i read that i m not allowed to link to streaming sites, and no self-promotion or something, for some period of time, i dunno, at some point i ll go read the rules in detail.
rate your music seems to be very popular. never used it myself..
most people would go to the iggy concert. hes gonna come this summer to my country headlining a festival. the ticket is now 40 euro wich is a lot and we dont know who else is gonna play. as they announce more names price of the ticket will go up. thats the deal. i m not sure what i ll do yet.....
about the coltrane album i think its unfair to rate it as a 2018 album! on the other hand, i understand..
well.....'nough said for today!
Last edited by ziggywas; 01-14-2019 at 04:02 AM. Reason: small change
|01-14-2019, 11:21 PM||#27 (permalink)|
Softest Bullet Ever Shot
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: the Outer Rim
Maybe this'll make up for my hilarious welcome post.
1. been to any good concerts lately?
Last concert I went to was back in August. The Flaming Lips at the Agora Theater in Cleveland. Kicked ass.
2. do your ears sometimes hurt nowadays? [mine are beginning to do]
have you considered using earplugs?
I've always had sensitive hearing and have always used earplugs. I forgot them at the aforementioned Lips show and had to put some rolled up paper towel in my ears instead.
3. what are your 3 favorite 2018 albums? what record was the most dissapointing?
Not sure what my top three are. Mid-Air Thief's Crumbling is at my number one spot for sure. As for "disappointing" i.e. something I was expecting to be good but turned out to be bad...I suppose Shining's album from last year was disappointing as in I expected it to not be Earth-rendingly ****ty.
4. do you liked the last spiritualized album? you think he kinda repeats himself? or is this exactly the point?
I enjoyed it yeah. It's no Ladies & Gentlemen but it was still good. He has a successful formula and sticks with it. Pierce is reaching the end of his career and I think AEH symbolizes that.
5.what about the beak> album?
6. would you pay to see iggy pop live now(this summer actually) in his 70's?
do you think its true he wont make another album?
No and probably.
7. why you think hiphop dominates nowadays? do you think it dominates? has it gotten better? [i think not] has it more to do with clothes and lifestyle in general than with music? [youknow teenagers wearing hoodies and all that]
(1) Because hip-hop and R&B have always been attractive to the general populous and especially the youth of America. Probably because of some convoluted cultural meaning it provides to them. (2) I most certainly dominates too, it recently passed rock (I think last year?). (3) It's always been fairly good but more avenues for experimentation have been opened in the past decade and thus a lot of good **** has spawned. (4) It seems you don't really understand the appeal of hip-hop so trust me when I say it's not just a fashion statement.
8. whats your favorite tom waits album?
Never liked him.
9. do you consider reggae to be a fully legit kind of music, or kinda 'inferior'? [if the answer is inferior may you burn in hell.
I suppose it's as "fully legit" as a genre can get, whatever that entails.
10. how do you listen to music? i mean spotify, mp3+winamp in a computer [its what i mostly do] or you play records or just youtube all day long or what?
Burned CDs onto my phone. A lot of the obscure stuff I really like is on YouTube though, yes.
11. do you listen to the actual radio or some kind of internet radio or podcast or whatever?
I (reluctantly) listen to the radio when I'm in the car and my phone's dead, and I have yet to find a good music-centric podcast that entertains me.
12. name 3 musical sites you like to visit.
Discogs, RateYourMusic, and this hunk of junk.
13. do you spend some money in music-related stuff? how? how many?
(1) Yes. (2) USD. (3) Depends.
14. does your profession or studies or something that has to do with your 'main occupation' lets call it has to do something with music?
I don't currently have an occupation but currently I'm a journalism major with a minor in audio design & production. The latter has something to do with it, but the former is mainly so I can vie for an editorial position in (hopefully) a music-centric journal.
15. do you actively play an instrument? in a band or orchestra or in a quartet or smth?
I play drums on-and-off.
16. do you like beeing asked questions? about almost any subject? why? do es it make you feel important?
(1) If they're good questions. (2) If they're good questions. (3) Keeping everything locked inside is boring. (4) Not when it's being asked of the whole site, no.
17. you sometimes sing when you take a bath? when you dont?
(1) In the shower, not the bath. Bath's too quiet. (2) I devote my entire attention to cleaning myself.
18. do you read actual muzic magazines or fanzines sometimes?
I don't. If there's a good webzine out there I'd go for it but I'm not subscribing to a magazine any time soon.
19. will it kinda bother you if i dont put a question number 20 and leave it at 19? are you 100% sure?
(1) No. (2) Yes.
|01-14-2019, 11:27 PM||#29 (permalink)|
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
"it counts in our hearts" - ʕººʔ
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” ― Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” – Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." - John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." — Keith Richards ☮ 💖 ♫ ∞ ἰχθύς
|01-14-2019, 11:57 PM||#30 (permalink)|
Softest Bullet Ever Shot
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: the Outer Rim