Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Introductions
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2020, 08:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Rikard Peterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 8
Smile Another new person checking in

I read the rules and noted that posting links to my own music is the wrong thing for a newbie to do, so I'll refrain from that. Instead, I'll just hang around for a bit and see if this is a place for me. What's up with that newbie adoption thing? I've never seen something like that on other forums, so I don't quite understand it. (And I note that the last post in that thread is three years old.)

Anyway... Hi! I'm Rikard, and live in Stockholm, Sweden. I like music in most genres. If I am to pick only one favourite band, I'll say Béla Fleck and the Flecktones, but I could also make "favourite band/artist" into a list that's much longer than you'd like to read.

My job is to teach wind instruments, so I play most of those. (Or maybe I should say most of the classical western winds.)
Rikard Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 12:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
old senile battleaxe
 
Marie Monday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Cute Post Malone's mom
Posts: 1,075
Default

Welcome! I've never been to Sweden, but I really want to visit it some day, seems like an amazing place
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.
Marie Monday is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 12:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
.
 
grindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: .
Posts: 6,862
Default

Welcome to MB!

Who are your favourite sax players?

Concerning the self-promotion rule: There are too many people who are basically hit-and-run spammers. Just posting their music and not interested in anything else.
If we let them roam free the forums would be overflowing with that and that would be annoying and messy.
Thanks for reading and following the rules btw
__________________
A smell of petroleum prevails throughout.
grindy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 01:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Rikard Peterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieMarie View Post
Welcome! I've never been to Sweden, but I really want to visit it some day, seems like an amazing place
Thanks! Yes, the part where I was born (the island of Gotland) is objectively the most beautiful place in the world.

Favourite sax players? Well, Jeff Coffin comes to mind, as he used to be a member of the Flecktones. He now plays with Dave Matthews Band, which I heard live last year. That must have been the shortest three hour concert I've ever been to. Both those groups are awesome, and he has also done some fun solo stuff, which is a bit more straight jazz / funk.

Saxophone has also become a popular instrument in Swedish traditional music. Hanna Wiskari is one such player. She's moved to New Zealand now, but before that she was in a trio called NID with a fiddle player and a drummer that was just amazing. Jonas Knutsson is another good one in that field.

As a sax player, I think I'm legally required to mention Michael Brecker too.

I could go on... It's hard to pick favourites when there's so much great music in the world!
Rikard Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 02:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 42,460
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikard Peterson View Post
I read the rules and noted that posting links to my own music is the wrong thing for a newbie to do, so I'll refrain from that. Instead, I'll just hang around for a bit and see if this is a place for me. What's up with that newbie adoption thing? I've never seen something like that on other forums, so I don't quite understand it. (And I note that the last post in that thread is three years old.)

Anyway... Hi! I'm Rikard, and live in Stockholm, Sweden. I like music in most genres. If I am to pick only one favourite band, I'll say Béla Fleck and the Flecktones, but I could also make "favourite band/artist" into a list that's much longer than you'd like to read.

My job is to teach wind instruments, so I play most of those. (Or maybe I should say most of the classical western winds.)
__________________
CHINA IS CAPITALIST
The Batlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 05:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Equestrian Sizzle
 
Raime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 286
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikard Peterson View Post
Thanks! Yes, the part where I was born (the island of Gotland) is objectively the most beautiful place in the world.

Favourite sax players? Well, Jeff Coffin comes to mind, as he used to be a member of the Flecktones. He now plays with Dave Matthews Band, which I heard live last year. That must have been the shortest three hour concert I've ever been to. Both those groups are awesome, and he has also done some fun solo stuff, which is a bit more straight jazz / funk.

Saxophone has also become a popular instrument in Swedish traditional music. Hanna Wiskari is one such player. She's moved to New Zealand now, but before that she was in a trio called NID with a fiddle player and a drummer that was just amazing. Jonas Knutsson is another good one in that field.

As a sax player, I think I'm legally required to mention Michael Brecker too.

I could go on... It's hard to pick favourites when there's so much great music in the world!
I've always wanted to try the Saxophone, my grandfather plays it pretty well. They're pretty pricey, so I can't justify getting one right now as I'm pretty entrenched in modular synths at the moment. It's a pretty cool instrument though, and I've seen it used in a bunch of different ways, even now.
__________________
Choice Club Music Journal

Awful trash that I listen to

Awful trash that I own

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I’m a full on fascist. I don’t even give a **** about making sense.

Do you have a black truck?
Raime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 10:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
An Awesome Dude
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 704
Default

Welcome to the site
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.