Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Introductions
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2021, 02:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 1
Cool Cool community

Hello all. I’m new to this forum and I was looking to meet like minded people who are aspiring learning to play instruments. I don’t have friends who are into music or want to get into music like myself and I thought that this forum would be a perfect place to find people people with the same mindset as myself. If you’re interested send a private message or comment on this thread. I’m looking forward to getting to know this community!
Milflover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 04:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Swifter than Gaylor slays
 
Marie Monday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Cute Post Malone's mom
Posts: 2,452
Default

yo, what kind of music are you into?
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.
Marie Monday is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 06:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ⱨł₲ⱧɆⱤ Vł฿Ɽ₳₮łØ₦₴
 
Mindfulness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 6,958
Default

Mindfulness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 11:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 1
Default

Hey Marie, i'm open to all kinds of music as long as I can vibe with it. Ranging from certain rock genres, hip/hop, rap, reggaeton. Those are the genres that I find myself most drawn to, but I am open to suggestions and explore other genres. And yourself?
Milflover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 11:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
Swifter than Gaylor slays
 
Marie Monday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Cute Post Malone's mom
Posts: 2,452
Default

I'm mostly into 60s bands like the Beatles and the Kinks, (post-)punk and riot grrrl and music related to that, but lately I've been listening to more jazz, ambient, and various other kinds of music
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.
Marie Monday is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 12:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
midnite roles around
 
Tristan_Geoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 4,781
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milflover View Post
Hey Marie, i'm open to all kinds of music as long as I can vibe with it. Ranging from certain rock genres, hip/hop, rap, reggaeton. Those are the genres that I find myself most drawn to, but I am open to suggestions and explore other genres. And yourself?
Reggaeton nice
__________________
YW Fam: All MB Music Projects Under One Roof

Emo/Pop Punk Journal

Techno Journal


Quote:
Originally Posted by Neward Thelman View Post
"SMOKE CRACK MUDA****KKA"

I'll check that dictionary, but in the meantime I'm impressed - as is everyone else in the world - by your eloquence, obvious accomplishments and success, and the evidence of your blazingly high intelligence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
He just doesn't have a mind so closed that it rivals Blockbuster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I own the mail
Tristan_Geoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 02:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
I'm mostly into 60s bands like the Beatles and the Kinks, (post-)punk and riot grrrl and music related to that, but lately I've been listening to more jazz, ambient, and various other kinds of music
Nice i’ve never really gotten into the whole punk scene, do you have a couple songs in that genre that you think would be a good start for someone interested in expanding their music taste in punk? Do you play any instruments also.
Milflover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 02:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan_Geoff View Post
Reggaeton nice
Yea I f*** with it
Milflover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 02:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 44,732
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milflover View Post
Nice i’ve never really gotten into the whole punk scene, do you have a couple songs in that genre that you think would be a good start for someone interested in expanding their music taste in punk? Do you play any instruments also.


__________________
CHINA IS CAPITALIST
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 02:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
Swifter than Gaylor slays
 
Marie Monday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Cute Post Malone's mom
Posts: 2,452
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milflover View Post
Nice i’ve never really gotten into the whole punk scene, do you have a couple songs in that genre that you think would be a good start for someone interested in expanding their music taste in punk? Do you play any instruments also.
I can play piano, I can play the drums a little bit, and I tried to learn guitar but gave up. What punk to rec you depends on what you want. If you want to get into punk gradually maybe something in between hiphop and punk would be nice, in which case I recommend Sneaks and Le Tigre:






oh and Julie Ruin also:



But if you want to dive into punk head first I recommend starting with the classic stuff: the Ramones, the Clash, the Sex Pistols, the Stooges, the Velvet Underground. The ones the Batlord posted above are awesome
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.

Last edited by Marie Monday; 03-28-2021 at 02:50 PM.
Marie Monday is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2021 Advameg, Inc.