Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Introductions
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2021, 08:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Groupie
 
GG3366's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 1
Default It's me!

Greetings!

My name is Gabriel - I'm a singer-songwriter (I'll post some of my music here, you better get excited)
I found out about this message board from a Todd in the Shadows video and finally decided to join. I've been a bit slow when it comes to discovering new music recently, so I figured maybe joining this forum might help expand my taste a little bit.

Recently I've been mostly into The Cure and artists like Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush.
GG3366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 09:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Slavic gay sauce
 
adidasss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 7,750
Default

Welcome!

What on earth is Todd in the Shadows and why would he mention MB in his video?
__________________
“Think of what a paradise this world would be if men were kind and wise.” - Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle.

Last.fm | Goodreads | Letterboxd
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 11:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Groupie
 
GG3366's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
Welcome!

What on earth is Todd in the Shadows and why would he mention MB in his video?
I can't post links yet, so here's the title of the youtube video:
TRAINWRECKORDS: "Turn It Upside Down" by Spin Doctors (@0:05)
GG3366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 12:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 34,918
Default

Definitely was a Neapolitan post that sparked that video.

Also: welcome, guy. Who are some of your favourite Kate Bush-like artists?
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 02:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
Wannabe Joey Ramone
 
Marie Monday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Cute Post Malone's mom
Posts: 2,888
Default

Hi dude, just note that promoting your own songs is not allowed until you're an established member of the forum, but I adore Kate Bush so I'm glad to have you here
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.
Marie Monday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 09:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
Groupie
 
GG3366's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
welcome, guy. Who are some of your favourite Kate Bush-like artists?
Kate Bush is my favourite Kate Bush-like artist
That's a good question though. Which artists count as Kate Bush-like? Bjork? (but I don't really know a lot of her music, she seems experimental in a less pop-ish way). Maybe Tori Amos? (I've been very slowly discovering her music.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
I adore Kate Bush so I'm glad to have you here
Cheers! Favourite album? And why is it The Dreaming?
GG3366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 10:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
Call me Mustard
 
rubber soul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Pepperland
Posts: 1,534
Default

Tori Amos is probably closer to Kate Bush than Bjork. Bush's sound seems to be rather unique to me though. Anyway, welcome, GG. I see you have a Peter Gabriel
avatar, is it safe to say you like him too?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet_Sounds View Post
But looking for quality interaction on MB is like trying to stay hydrated by drinking salt water.
rubber soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 10:15 AM   #8 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 34,918
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GG3366 View Post
Kate Bush is my favourite Kate Bush-like artist
That's a good question though. Which artists count as Kate Bush-like? Bjork? (but I don't really know a lot of her music, she seems experimental in a less pop-ish way). Maybe Tori Amos? (I've been very slowly discovering her music.)
Rad.

Fwiw Kate Bush seems to be the internet's favourite comparison for any female art pop artist. Julia Holter would be mine.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 10:26 AM   #9 (permalink)
quarantined
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 7,374
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Definitely was a Neapolitan post that sparked that video.

Also: welcome, guy. Who are some of your favourite Kate Bush-like artists?
Ja, seems like I have now become part of the Music Banter vernacular. I take it was not necessarily a post I've written but a post that emphatically stated an opinion -- "a Neapolitan post."
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by mord View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 11:06 AM   #10 (permalink)
Wannabe Joey Ramone
 
Marie Monday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Cute Post Malone's mom
Posts: 2,888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GG3366 View Post
Cheers! Favourite album? And why is it The Dreaming?
actually it's The Kick Inside, but The Dreaming is a close second.

As for my favourite Kate Bush like artist, that would be Jun Togawa. She's punkier than Kate Bush, but has the same wonderfully weird vibe
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.
Marie Monday is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



© 2003-2021 Advameg, Inc.