Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Jazz & Blues
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2008, 07:20 PM   #41 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Muzak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,050
Default

I dig 'em.
Muzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 07:12 PM   #42 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 16
Default

Birds of Fire...
axeman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 01:04 PM   #43 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
monellia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Oirland
Posts: 81
Default

holyshi Birds of Fire is like my favourite album eva
monellia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 08:08 AM   #44 (permalink)
Groupie
 
vivies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: France
Posts: 6
Default

Yes, burning ! As a teenager I used to listen to the symphonic album "Apocalypse" a mix of classical and jazz rock styles ( b.cohbam, j.l ponty,...), just amazing !
vivies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 04:31 AM   #45 (permalink)
Live by the Sword
 
Howard the Duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posts: 9,039
Default

thread bump!

i got most of their discog, including the lost Lost Trident Sessions

awesome!

don't bother with the 80s incarnation, though, it's total crap
__________________


Malaise is THE dominant human predilection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
what? i don't understand you. farming is for vegetables, not for meat. if ou disagree with a farming practice, you disagree on a vegetable. unless you have a different definition of farming.
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 12:27 PM   #46 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
blastingas10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,108
Default

better than steve vai
blastingas10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 12:30 PM   #47 (permalink)
\/ GOD
 
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Nowhere...
Posts: 2,161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Duce View Post
thread bump!

i got most of their discog, including the lost Lost Trident Sessions

awesome!

don't bother with the 80s incarnation, though, it's total crap
Haven't heard anything of their 80s incarnation, but he 70s Mahavishnu Orchestra is Godlike. Probably one of he most technically proficient, yet fun to listen to bands of all time.
__________________
Quote:
Terence Hill, as recently confirmed during an interview to an Italian TV talk-show, was offered the role but rejected it because he considered it "too violent". Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta declined the role for the same reason. When Al Pacino was considered for the role of John Rambo, he turned it down when his request that Rambo be more of a madman was rejected.
Al Pacino = God
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 07:59 PM   #48 (permalink)
Live by the Sword
 
Howard the Duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posts: 9,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra View Post
Haven't heard anything of their 80s incarnation, but he 70s Mahavishnu Orchestra is Godlike. Probably one of he most technically proficient, yet fun to listen to bands of all time.
it's mostly John dicking around with a Synclavier, which sounds incredibly dated
__________________


Malaise is THE dominant human predilection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
what? i don't understand you. farming is for vegetables, not for meat. if ou disagree with a farming practice, you disagree on a vegetable. unless you have a different definition of farming.
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 09:45 PM   #49 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,038
Default

Any recommendations on a good place to start with these guys?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:10 PM   #50 (permalink)
\/ GOD
 
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Nowhere...
Posts: 2,161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Any recommendations on a good place to start with these guys?
First Two Albums. "Birds of Fire" is generally considered their best but I actually prefer "The Inner Mounting Flame".
__________________
Quote:
Terence Hill, as recently confirmed during an interview to an Italian TV talk-show, was offered the role but rejected it because he considered it "too violent". Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta declined the role for the same reason. When Al Pacino was considered for the role of John Rambo, he turned it down when his request that Rambo be more of a madman was rejected.
Al Pacino = God
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.